Owlstalk chip on their shoulder?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 13, 2012
That would be great. But, i'd be happy with a 1-0. I do believe we have a far better team right now though, especially in depth, and i believe we will win. But even if we do lose, i suggest that most Albion fans will take defeat on the chin, unlike the Wendys, who will still call us tin pot even if we tonk em 5-0. Unlike the Wendys, we, as fans have been through the wringer alot over the last few years, just being in a position to challenge for promotion to the top flight is enough for me. The Wendys seem to think they have a devine right to be there already through past (and i mean PAST) glories.

When Noone was sold I said we'd be lucky to make the play-offs unless we bring in substance signings but my god have we done that, we've brought in quality signings and signings that play our way. If we don't make the top two then we'll reach the play-offs that is I'm sure off. Looking at other teams signings then they've brought for the sake of it wheres we've bought quality signings. Wednesday have bought 9-10 players for the sake of it. We've bought class.

We'll kick their arses Friday and no I haven't tempted fate. Really believe we have the squad to kick arse and it'll be shown on friday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That would be great. But, i'd be happy with a 1-0. I do believe we have a far better team right now though, especially in depth, and i believe we will win. But even if we do lose, i suggest that most Albion fans will take defeat on the chin, unlike the Wendys, who will still call us tin pot even if we tonk em 5-0. Unlike the Wendys, we, as fans have been through the wringer alot over the last few years, just being in a position to challenge for promotion to the top flight is enough for me. The Wendys seem to think they have a devine right to be there already through past (and i mean PAST) glories.

We should be beating these dinosaurs. Not that their fans under 30 have much to crow about.

Jul 13, 2012
Sheffield Wednesday

tumblr_lrdoqjrELh1r2hybuo1_500.gif

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
When Noone was sold I said we'd be lucky to make the play-offs unless we bring in substance signings but my god have we done that, we've brought in quality signings and signings that play our way. If we don't make the top two then we'll reach the play-offs that is I'm sure off. Looking at other teams signings then they've brought for the sake of it wheres we've bought quality signings. Wednesday have bought 9-10 players for the sake of it. We've bought class.

We'll kick their arses Friday and no I haven't tempted fate. Really believe we have the squad to kick arse and it'll be shown on friday.

I wouldn't count out top two right now. Not only have we replaced Noone, but we have replaced him with players that have been there and done it in the Championship. Without doubt, i believe we have the best team (ok, all be it only on paper) since the late 70's. I'm not saying we will get top two by any means, but i'm more confident than i have ever been in my Albion supporting life. If the deadline day signings come good, we could, just could, sneak in the promotion shake up. Fingers crossed.

Jul 13, 2012
I wouldn't count out top two right now. Not only have we replaced Noone, but we have replaced him with players that have been there and done it in the Championship. Without doubt, i believe we have the best team (ok, all be it only on paper) since the late 70's. I'm not saying we will get top two by any means, but i'm more confident than i have ever been in my Albion supporting life. If the deadline day signings come good, we could, just could, sneak in the promotion shake up. Fingers crossed.

That's what I said. Party time this season :O

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Privleged Arseholes from Sheffield

who-cyberman-460_783235c.jpg

In 1958 when we played Wednesday we did not have a ground let alone a stadium (tinpot shed and a chicken run) and 26,987 turned up. How many on Friday?

Last edited:

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Some lovely responses on this thread.

I look forward to my trip to Brighton, it's a decent place and i'm looking forward to the Amex, it'll be the 3rd ground i've seen us play you at (was too young for Highbury in 83).

Hillsborough is looking tired, very tired in places and needs some work but unlike other clubs who have gone into admin to clear their debts my club did for 10 years (since relegation from the top flight) pay it's way and that was the reason we suffered two relegations to League one, you lot know all about financial hardships and what a long road back it can be, we just hope we can get back to the level we once were, but it's highly doubtful.

I'm 31 and have seen my side win a major cup (it was back then anyway), play at Wembley 4 times in a season, finish 3rd in the old 1st division, beat their biggest rivals at Wembley, play in Europe, yeah some us do live in the past but by god it weren't a bad past.

This is what we want the old place to look like YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and hopefully we can, we're not free spending and doing a Cardiff/Blackburn/Leicester we are just aiming to build our way back up.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Originally reliant on the WC bid but plans still in place, Milan just needs to dig deep, i think there's not much chance in the next couple of years or so but should we fluke promotion then who knows.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Looks really good, an excellent example of how to update an old stadium - how much is it going to cost and what will be the new capacity?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I look forward to my trip to Brighton, it's a decent place and i'm looking forward to the Amex, it'll be the 3rd ground i've seen us play you at (was too young for Highbury in 83).

Hillsborough is looking tired, very tired in places and needs some work but unlike other clubs who have gone into admin to clear their debts my club did for 10 years (since relegation from the top flight) pay it's way and that was the reason we suffered two relegations to League one, you lot know all about financial hardships and what a long road back it can be, we just hope we can get back to the level we once were, but it's highly doubtful.

I'm 31 and have seen my side win a major cup (it was back then anyway), play at Wembley 4 times in a season, finish 3rd in the old 1st division, beat their biggest rivals at Wembley, play in Europe, yeah some us do live in the past but by god it weren't a bad past.

This is what we want the old place to look like YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and hopefully we can, we're not free spending and doing a Cardiff/Blackburn/Leicester we are just aiming to build our way back up.

Ten years ago and was a dreadful season for both clubs: Brighton and Hove Albion 2002-2003 Home - statto.com Things are better now. Look at the Burnley results for that season. Some are a bit strange.

I think I our first choice midfield of Buckley, Vicente and Crofts will all be missing for Friday. Our star winger Lualua may also be missing. A chance to see the new players ???

Last edited:

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Looks really good, an excellent example of how to update an old stadium - how much is it going to cost and what will be the new capacity?

Not sure, apparently some of it will be met by Government Learning Grants, I suspect around £12-15m all in.

The capacity would increase to 45k.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think I our first choice midfield of Buckley, Vicente and Crofts will all be missing for Friday. Our star winger Lualua may also be missing. A chance to see the new players ???

Buckley seemed ok at the end at Burnley. Has he picked up a knock since?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
who-cyberman-460_783235c.jpg

In 1958 when we played Wednesday we did not have a ground let alone a stadium (tinpot shed and a chicken run) and 26,987 turned up. How many on Friday?

There is a genuine possibility of that being the exact attendance again on Friday! Very unlikely but will be around that figure given our capacity minus the no-shows.

More likely 26,000 though.

Not a bad experience for a fan and I do like that re-working of your stadium idea (seen it before). Would look dandy.

Incidentally, when WAS that 4-Wembley-visits-in-a-season? Was mad!

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
There is a genuine possibility of that being the exact attendance again on Friday! Very unlikely but will be around that figure given our capacity minus the no-shows.

More likely 26,000 though.

Not a bad experience for a fan and I do like that re-working of your stadium idea (seen it before). Would look dandy.

Incidentally, when WAS that 4-Wembley-visits-in-a-season? Was mad!

1993 fella, FA Cup semi final v Blades, League Cup final v Arsenal, FA Cup final and replay v Arsenal.

I was 12 I thought us being that 'successful' would last longer.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1993 fella, FA Cup semi final v Blades, League Cup final v Arsenal, FA Cup final and replay v Arsenal.

I was 12 I thought us being that 'successful' would last longer.

Albion were back down in the third tier in 1992-93 playing teams like Stoke, West Bromwich, Swansea, Fulham, Reading, Wigan. The repectable ninth postion should have been a springboard for another promotion, so we thought, but the Goldstone was becoming a bit of a millstone (it had always been but the Hillsborough Disaster findings meant it would no longer do in the long term).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports