Owlstalk chip on their shoulder?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 14, 2010
After reading comments on NSC about Owlstalk, I had a look. Very odd, and I dont get it. Do they have a chip on their shoulder about getting smaller / roughly the same crowds as BHA?

If so then it seems a strange thing to get worried about especially as Albion have always had a big support even tho normally playing lower league football.

I would have thought they would be more worried about the last time Shef W won the league, Al Capone was something in prohibition America and Don Bradman played cricket for Australia!

I'm surprised they are so bothered. Personally I have a soft spot for Shef W after they lost to us in the Cup Semi final and also strangely after they destroyed us 4-0 at the Goldstone. Danny Wilson returned to the Goldstone with them that night and he got a great reception. Their London Owls helped create a good atmosphere that night. Then again, maybe some of the Owlstalk people were not born when either of those events took place!

Jul 13, 2012
Wednesday

th_britneyspearso2.gif

albionite

May 20, 2009
Started a couple of seasons ago when we won the league, think a couple of our fans went on their message borad to wind them up. Looks like they hold a grudge over a couple of immature wums

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
I too have a soft spot for Sheff Wednesday, easily my favourite Yorkshire team. But that's the clue, they're Yorkshire - of course they've got a chip on their shoulder, and proud of it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Is there any club that doesn't?!

He he's doing a fine job as brightons manager, there is no denying it, but Poyet comes accross badly to those outside

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Still only 5 days to go to decide

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I like Wednesday; I've got a couple of mates who support them, and they're okay. I do agree however that there is a real sense of them living in the past with respect to both us and them. And of all of our opponents whose forums I've had a look at, they do seem the most obsessed with homosexuality.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Wednesday have prob beaten us to the title of the most under acheiving club in the last 100 years, although ours is more untapped potential rather than massive crowds/attendances and spunked it up the wall.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
TBH reading their forum is even more unpalatable and disturbing than reading the palace shite - I keep forgetting that there are still people holding such dated views with quite such vehemence. Absolutely frightening :nono:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Still sore over Highbury 83.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports