Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our troops homecoming

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
If my family were killed on 7/7 I would not be after blood. I would want to know why. I would want to know, what motivates someone to blow themselves up and take others with them?

And I would soon find out. Occupation is the cause of suicide terrorism. The CIA knows this, they call it blowback or unitended consequences, a response to foriegn policy.

Occupation is A reason, not THE reason.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Bin Laden threw his toy's out of the pram because US troops were stationed in Saudi for the first Iraq
War, apparently this was sacrilege. He was not happy!
Of the 9/11 lot most spent time in training camps in Afghanistan, it was planned from Afghaistan and run from Afghanistan which might have something to do with the invasion ..... Like.

Most of the people in training militarily in Afghanistan were training to fight against oppression in their own countries like Chechnya. You are exactly right Osama specifically said the attacks were because of the military bases in Medina and Mecca.

So instead of rethinking whether we should be occupying foriegn lands, we invade more countries. The U.S. in building an embassy in Iraq that is the size of the Vatican, along with numerous permenant military bases. Not exactly the way to address the causes of terrorism is it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Occupation is A reason, not THE reason.

"We have lots of evidence now that when you put the foreign military presence in, it triggers suicide terrorism campaigns, ... and that when the foreign forces leave, it takes away almost 100 percent of the terrorist campaign" - Robert Pape, the author of the book "Dying to Win", which I suggest you read.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
"We have lots of evidence now that when you put the foreign military presence in, it triggers suicide terrorism campaigns, ... and that when the foreign forces leave, it takes away almost 100 percent of the terrorist campaign" - Robert Pape, the author of the book "Dying to Win", which I suggest you read.

Will look at it, Ta.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Religious war is like two school kids having a fight about who has the best imaginary freind

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
are you still going on about this young dingo?

why don't you just admit that we are not all going to agree or get on and move on.

You still havent answered my question about Martin Chivers BTW

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Most of the people in training militarily in Afghanistan were training to fight against oppression in their own countries like Chechnya. You are exactly right Osama specifically said the attacks were because of the military bases in Medina and Mecca.

So instead of rethinking whether we should be occupying foriegn lands, we invade more countries. The U.S. in building an embassy in Iraq that is the size of the Vatican, along with numerous permenant military bases. Not exactly the way to address the causes of terrorism is it.

The coalition was invited by the saudi's, it wasn't occupied.
:facepalm: again

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The coalition was invited by the saudi's, it wasn't occupied.
:facepalm: again

It wasnt occupied as far as the ruling class in Saudi Arabia were concerned. But given that Medina and Mecca are two of the most holy sites in Islam, it still pissed people off. People who were not bought off by the U.S. like the House of Saud were.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is BLUE PETER in another guise

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
people will never agree on this...but as a reminder the first post of:
These are our boys who will be home tomorrow, give them 5 minutes of your time if you feel you can

Once the lads/lasses are home its about supporting them, i saw the first program & they are so brave & dedicated.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION].......good posts amigo, but this is am english football forum, most are right wing daily mail and sun readers who watch the bbc news for what is going on in the world..

Actually I think you'll find that there is more a leaning to the left on NSC - based on most the political threads and polls anyway.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
so, those who support "our boys" do so because they are born on the same bit of land as them? (nationalism).

or is it because you believe in the agenda? (ignorance).

it is only one or the other.

most posters on here just reply with "you are a ****" or "you make me laugh"......none too intelligent really.

the past invasions by "our boys" have been for oil" or "to get the elite into an area" ......if you think they are fighting for peace (just sit on that statement) you really need to take a long look at yourself.

and i also saw one poster sees me as a guardian lefty, i hate the guardian and all mainstream media, i research from other sources.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
oh, and to back up my claim about isreal having a massive unrequired army....just look what it creates...

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/230330-Israeli-undercover-agents-boast-of-killing-Palestinians-on-TV

i have known many Isreali's who were indoctrinated into hating their neighbours.......and are still "de-programming" .....but this is not shown on mainstream media.

anyway this is off topic......no uk drone soldier has defended this land since the 40's......fact.......and that war was mostly engineered by the banks.

queue mass flaming and insults because it does not fit with your belief system, it is too much, so the walls go up.......it is natural....i understand.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
yep, some authors have spent years looking into war and the media, and yep, they are loonies i take it? come back to me when you have done some independent research, and have got rid of watching media controlled by profit making mega corps (tv).

41joXAxOzML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51W5R62E6SL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

51tL5ccNVBL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

51eFXFxBLPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
I dont have freedom of speech thanks to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And we could agree to disagree, trouble with that is the war just goes on and on. I would shake all of your hands (I'd imagine I wont get an invite to) and I have not called anyone here anything like what Ive been called.

7/7? Was that an attack by Iraq and Afghanistan? It was tragic and repulsive. But what it was not was the fault of the people dying in Iraq and Afghanistan. The people who carried out 7/7 were British. The people who carried out 9/11 were mostly (15/19) Saudi.

The sad fact is that most suicide terrorism is motivated by occupation. Which means our intefering in other nations only serves to put us at greater risk of terrorism anyway. There is a good book called "dying to win" by Robert Pape that deals with this subject.

If anyone really believes that these wars are making us safer, they are mistaken.

Before I start can I say there's nothing personal at you mate, life is too short but I find your argument becoming more and more flawed. Someone from Iraq/Afghanistan and other nations for that matter can come here, undertake a pre-arranged wedding.....then hey presto they all of a sudden become British and lo and behold we give them a British Passport. Answers your statement regarding 7/7. The same "was" also applicable in the USA prior to 9/11. Oh and for the record lets not forget they previously tried to blow up the twin towers with devices planted in cars parked in the underground car parks

The other point you've conveniently missed is that that this is a war perpetrated by the individuals interpretation of the Koran. I've questioned this many, many times without any clear perspectives of what they indeed are. I've received responses that as non believers we are infidels to being informed that the Koran preaches peace to all. If you can enlighten me which one it is as you seem an expert on this topic I should be grateful, then, only then we will know where we as a nation stand

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
If my family were killed on 7/7 I would not be after blood. I would want to know why. I would want to know, what motivates someone to blow themselves up and take others with them?

And I would soon find out. Occupation is the cause of suicide terrorism. The CIA knows this, they call it blowback or unitended consequences, a response to foriegn policy.

Your family must be proud of you !! Simple question here, do you believe in free speech in the UK ?? Perhaps this may alter your judgement, justify this then if you can. In fact I've removed it in case kids are on the board

Last edited:

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
I went today and it was both very poignant and I was suprised at the pride I felt for people I did not even know. I wanted to thank them regardless of the politics involved. I was there to show my respect and gratitude. As somebody pointed out they are are just doing the job they chose to do but then i thank the bus driver when I get off the bus. Maybe I am just too polite! I guess the difference though is the bus driver is pretty much guarunteed to return after every shift.

People like dingodan and brunswick are so narrow minded and bittter they cant really see the beyond their own view of the world and become the worst type of political bore.

They cant see the human angle of the soldiers lives, their friends and family and the sacrifices they all make for everyone in this country regardless of them saying 'its not in my name'! You gotta laugh at them really.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I went today and it was both very poignant and I was suprised at the pride I felt for people I did not even know. I wanted to thank them regardless of the politics involved. I was there to show my respect and gratitude. As somebody pointed out they are are just doing the job they chose to do but then i thank the bus driver when I get off the bus. Maybe I am just too polite! I guess the difference though is the bus driver is pretty much guarunteed to return after every shift.

People like dingodan and brunswick are so narrow minded and bittter they cant really see the beyond their own view of the world and become the worst type of political bore.

They cant see the human angle of the soldiers lives, their friends and family and the sacrifices they all make for everyone in this country regardless of them saying 'its not in my name'! You gotta laugh at them really.

I'm not closed minded. I am open minded. There are special interests involved in these wars, and it is closed minded not to consider their influence on policy. If they do have an influence on policy, that would surely be a shame, because we are dealing with the life and death of people we care about.

Nor am I bitter, It is out of compassion for our soldiers that I am saying what i do, it is they who often come back wounded or traumatized if they come back at all.

The question we have to ask ourselves is, is it worth it? Is it worth my brothers life, or my sisters life? I say no, it is not. Particularly because, as I have said it is my belief that these wars are pursued for and by special interest groups, not the soldiers themselves, nor you nor I.

They make sacrafices, no doubt, and they do so for what they believe is the interest of their fellow countrymen, which is wholey admirable. The question is, is it worth it?

If you really believe that these wars are worth the cost in the blood of our friends and families then, in my opinion, it is you who is disrespecting our soldiers.

And you can throw whatever insults at me that you want. Because I'll take it if that is the cost of telling the truth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here