Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our troops homecoming

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
sorry i was being facetious

Why were you being facetious?

Should I also assume you also did not find the post interesting etha? You did ask me to provide it for you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why were you being facetious?

Should I also assume you also did not find the post interesting etha? You did ask me to provide it for you.

there you go again...making assumptions.

Can I ask , who do you prefer as a Brighton center forward, Martin Chivers or Alan Biley?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
there you go again...making assumptions.

Can I ask , who do you prefer as a Brighton center forward, Martin Chivers or Alan Biley?

To anyone else reading this thread, this is what someone who has just been beaten over the head with the truth sounds like.

If you couldnt bring yourself to say "hey, you know what? I just didn't know", you could have just not responded any further.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
costa rica = no army = no aggro.
israel = everyone goes in the army = loads of trouble.

group think sheep arena my friend.......

That is one of the most incredible conclusions I have seen in a long time. Hot bed of historic multi religious aggression, invasion, conflict and changing borders for 2000 years with a nation state only 70 years old, compared to a small South American country, and your conclusion for the violence is national service! Either this is a joke I have missed, or you are happy to display some frightening ignorance?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To anyone else reading this thread, this is what someone who has just been beaten over the head with the truth sounds like.

If you couldnt bring yourself to say "hey, you know what? I just didn't know", you could have just not responded any further.

so you assume other people reading this thread think that....blimey. Lot of assumptions in your life young man. BTW I thought the quote was " interesting". Did I not thankyou for posting it a few posts earlier?

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I know people wont like this, but freedom of speech and all that (I appreciate the irony of my anti war stance and the fact without war we wouldnt have freedom of speech, I also appreciate if the Nazi gained power, we would be on cctv every minute of out life, carry ID card, have cival rights taken off of us,loose the right to protest, pretty much be like if the last Labour goverment had come to power 10 years ago but they would use the term Politacaly correct, Oh wait a minute......)

If I made the choice to be trained to kill and then take part in an illegal war which was against the majority of the countries opinion at the same time spending Millions on the formentioned war which was later proved to be a goverment whitewash for an oil dispute, would they have a parade for me?!

I am sorry but these people made a choice to do what they do, fair play they are brave and I respect them for that but so are people who bungee jump

I did not support the war and do not feel how it benefitted this country in any way whatsoever, so why should I be respectful of a group of people who got paid to do their chosen carrier

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
so you assume other people reading this thread think that....blimey. Lot of assumptions in your life young man. BTW I thought the quote was " interesting". Did I not thankyou for posting it a few posts earlier?

You did, but it was muddled in with some facetiousness, so I wasnt sure if it was genuine.

I dont assume other people think that, I was telling them that that is how it is. They can make their own mind up now that the facts are on the record.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I know people wont like this, but freedom of speech and all that (I appreciate the irony of my anti war stance and the fact without war we wouldnt have freedom of speech, I also appreciate if the Nazi gained power, we would be on cctv every minute of out life, carry ID card, have cival rights taken off of us,loose the right to protest, pretty much be like if the last Labour goverment had come to power 10 years ago but they would use the term Politacaly correct, Oh wait a minute......)

If I made the choice to be trained to kill and then take part in an illegal war which was against the majority of the countries opinion at the same time spending Millions on the formentioned war which was later proved to be a goverment whitewash for an oil dispute, would they have a parade for me?!

I am sorry but these people made a choice to do what they do, fair play they are brave and I respect them for that but so are people who bungee jump

I did not support the war and do not feel how it benefitted this country in any way whatsoever, so why should I be respectful of a group of people who got paid to do their chosen carrier
See my response to brunswick.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You did, but it was muddled in with some facetiousness, so I wasnt sure if it was genuine.

I dont assume other people think that, I was telling them that that is how it is. They can make their own mind up now that the facts are on the record.

So you think a report in 1998 justifying a war in 2011 is relevant?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I've read this thread, and to me you are someone who has bought one side of the story as much as you are suggesting other people have bought the other. You are the only person on this thread who has expressed any kind of certainty in their view point on a subject whose complexity and secrecy is impossible to penetrate. Anyone who has questioned the basis of your conclusions you've simply dismissed by polarising the argument into one camp or the other.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
[yt]wzLjkIKWH6c&feature=related[/yt]

Ive recently seen my great, great, grandfathers papers for when he left the army, and it turns out he was at the battle of Balaclava...on the Russian side haha...family history is funny.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

What fact's? You've made lots of statements but no facts. Telling people that ' that is how it is ' doesn't make it the truth.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I've read this thread, and to me you are someone who has bought one side of the story as much as you are suggesting other people have bought the other. You are the only person on this thread who has expressed any kind of certainty in their view point on a subject whose complexity and secrecy is impossible to penetrate. Anyone who has questioned the basis of your conclusions you've simply dismissed by polarising the argument into one camp or the other.

I demonstrated that Oil interests were lobbying the U.S. government for changes to the sociopolitical circumstances in Afghanistan in 1998, and doing so for the sake of building oil and gas pipelines.

I demonstrated this because when I mentioned it, it was being suggested that that was not the case.

I have not dismissed anything anyone has said.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What fact's? You've made lots of statements but no facts. Telling people that ' that is how it is ' doesn't make it the truth.

Try reading the thread.

dingodan said:
This is an official transcript of the testimony of which I spoke, from U.S. House of Representatives - Committee Hearings .

Full Transcript: http://commdocs.house.gov/committees/intlrel/hfa48119.000/hfa48119_0.htm

Its very long, so I will highlight some key parts which clearly demonstrate my point. Again to clarify this is testimony from John Maresca, vice president of international relations for UNOCAL.

"Second, the need for U.S. support for international and regional efforts to achieve balanced and lasting political settlements to the conflicts in the region, including Afghanistan."

"The only other possible route is across Afghanistan, which has of course its own unique challenges. The country has been involved in bitter warfare for almost two decades, and is still divided by civil war. From the outset, we have made it clear that construction of the pipeline we have proposed across Afghanistan could not begin until a recognized government is in place that has the confidence of governments, lenders, and our company."

"As with the proposed Central Asia oil pipeline, CentGas can not begin construction until an internationally recognized Afghanistan Government is in place."

The point being that UNOCAL expressed a desire, in comittee, in 1998, to see the U.S. government assist in bringing changes in Afghanistan which would be conducive to the company pursuing its gas and oil pipeline projects.

I take no pleasure in the fact that this is the case. But it is.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

No-one's asking you to be respectful, just not to be disrespectful.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Please. Did the war start in 2011? How long ago is too long ago in geopolitical terms anyway?

Some people can't face the truth, and some people cannot look away from it.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Try reading the thread.

Appeal to 'authority' - UNOCAL in 1998? pur-lease, if you're going to use an appeal to some assumed authority, make sure it's not f***ing UNOCAL. Your "argument" is a f***ing joke, for reasons I won't go into (mainly because you're a verbose, ignorant fool, and I have other things to do).

Try to learn some basic logic and you might make more coherent statements, you're all over the place, seriously

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

That is EXACTLY what he's doing. He's giving us some "truth" that CNN, the BBC, The Guardian, the Morning Star, the Beano, the Bunty, and the Bare Arse Monthly, and even The Seagull Love Review all seemed to have missed, i.e. : THE ULTIMATE REASON WHY NATO ARE IN AFGHANISTAN - it wuz the OIL pipeline

How did we miss it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here