Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia back to Tel Aviv

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Then they have a much better chance of making the group stages then, dont they. Im sure he would much rather be playing Real Madrid away on a Tuesday night than Rotherham away on a Tuesday night.

what about the other 8 months of the season,would rather go to Leeds,Derby & Forest (Rotherham come to that),than er,sorry can't think of another Israeli football team

if one glory night at a half empty Bernabeu getting beat by Real Madrid reserves is his thing,good luck to him

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Didn't expect this. If he has so little ambition, what would he have done if we had been promoted?

Come in from 10-4 and got everyone else to sort out the transfers and interviews before bitching about it I would imagine.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I love the way EVERYONE now assumes Oscar has taken a backward step. Maybe the Albion job is not all that with the restrictions and overseeing that possibly goes on. What strikes me as stranger than Oscar going back to Telaviv is that two highly rated managers in two seasons have wanted out of what looks like a dream job.

It does seem a weird decision by Oscar but I'm interested in why and I don't buy the lack of ambition line....

But it's not just about us, the whole managing at a lower level than the Championship seems strange.

However, Oscar aside, the two managers who decided we weren't for them is more interesting.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pretty poor form. He's done enough in his brief managerial career to have been in the running for some proper jobs, but instead he's gone running back to his comfort zone in a little backwater league that nobody watches or gives a toss about, in front of crowds of circa 14k (tops).

Regardless of the odd foray into the CL to make up the numbers, this is a backwards step career-wise. I guess he just doesn't want the pressure and expectation that comes with being in a proper high profile league.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe he has a mistress over there ?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The Spanish Dullard shows he total lack of ambition. Completely out of his depth here, couldn't get or couldn't handle another decent job. Good riddance, hope the Tel Avians enjoy being bored to death!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Some pretty harsh-ish comments. He was loved by MTA and I'm pretty sure his resignation letter to them showed the same love back. What does it matter to us if we don't think this is an ambitious move?
Good luck to the man I say.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Meh!

Boring man, boring football. They are welcome to him. We'll struggle to remember his name after a couple of months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here