Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia back to Tel Aviv

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I just can't understand the attitude of most of the users here - "if he left, he's a coward. If he preferred a different challenge over the one he had in the championship, he's a coward"

So egocentric and arrogant.

You cite FM2014 as a basis for your thinking? Oy vey, this is a CHILD'S TOY!

MTAMTA

Jun 3, 2014
You cite FM2014 as a basis for your thinking? Oy vey, this is a CHILD'S TOY!

I already mentioned at least twice that I based my assumption about the budgets on the squads and on the amounts both clubs spent on transfers in the last years.
The check on FM was only to get a general idea if my assumption was correct, which it is. The budgets are similar, if not in favor of Maccabi.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The check on FM was only to get a general idea if my assumption was correct, which it is. The budgets are similar, if not in favor of Maccabi.

This sounds like a useful tool. Maybe MTA could save some money by sacking their Finance Director and hiring you with your child's toy to look after the budget?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely a second account.

Don't agree and even if it is the guy is talking more sense than most of the Albion fans on this thread who are coming across as incredibly arrogant and condescending.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Tel aviv are owned by a Canadian billionaire and he has put aside a £20m a year budget for them. Would imagine that Garcia is on a fair whack there.

Would imagine we would beat tel aviv. Their squad is mostly full of Israeli rubbish as Israeli teams are only allowed 5 foreigners in their squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I already mentioned at least twice that I based my assumption about the budgets on the squads and on the amounts both clubs spent on transfers in the last years.

But the thing with budgets and basing it on transfer dealings, it does not take into account teams that flout the FFP rules. If you look at Nottingham Forest in our division or QPR, they have spent more money on players and probably pay more on wages, but that is their choice. QPR struck lucky by going up. Forest will be bailed out by wealthy owners.

If you look at infrastructure Brighton is probably better placed than both of those teams in terms of stadia and training facilities. Given that we also had, (I am to believe), the 9th most season ticket sales, I would suggest we are fairly well placed nationally in our own country also. Though we do know, we are not a big team in the scheme of things.

The little I know about Israeli football is that probably Maccabi is THE team in the Israeli league, and I was surprised that you mentioned that they hadn't won the league for a period of time prior to Oscar.

Who is a better team is an impossible question.

However, what I do know is that the Championship is held in higher esteem by most coaches than a number of the top divisions in Europe, which speaks for itself. If you look at the average attendance as another indicator it is I believe 5th best attended, so therefore considerable revenue is generated which attracts better players.

So Europa league football or not, for me Oscar has taken a backward step, not because he's gone to Maccabi, but because he has gone to what is likely to be lower standard of football. Although I supported him for the majority of his time here, towards the end our football was so poor, that it was becoming arduous to even watch. He often quoted the number shots in a game, but that did not tell the story in terms of the number of times we pushed up or put in a meaningful cross for players to attack. The shots were often back-pass pace, so frankly irrelevant.

Good luck to yourselves, I hope he adopts a more attacking stance with you.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Wonder how Oscar feels after 7 days of rockets aimed at Israel. Didn't he say that was the cause of his departure first time round.
No way I could convince the Mrs it was a good career move, best of luck OG

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
אתם חבורה של אהבלים מתנשאים. מספיק טוב או שגוגל לא יתרגם את זה?

...that's my point. that's what I'm trying to say during the last 3-4 pages.
Never seen such an arrogant, narrow minded group of fans.
Don't worry about it. This is a good news story surely?

We didn't want him to stay, you wanted him back. Everyone is happy.

:cheers:

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Didn't he say that was the cause of his departure first time round.

no, i don't believe he did. he left Tel Aviv for 'personal reasons'. he did, however, make a reference to training sessions with missiles flying overhead when an interviewer asked if he was feeling pressure at Brighton (he basically said this is nothing compared to...).

if he did ever state explicitly that he left because of the crazy jews and their little, local fisticuffs i'd like to read or listen to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here