Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia back to Tel Aviv

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Will we be getting a 'sweetener'.

I can imagine something coming our way if he went to another championship club, or even Premier League, a few weeks after walking out on us.

But that's seems unlikely now.

And another vote for - odd move.

Did we give them one last year? Doubt it on both counts.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
According to the statement, the play-offs are now Premier League immigration control. Keeping unwanted newcomers out ...

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Philzo 93 - Did it look like this?
ehy8uzy9.jpg

First time i have seen him smile

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Then they have a much better chance of making the group stages then, dont they. Im sure he would much rather be playing Real Madrid away on a Tuesday night than Rotherham away on a Tuesday night.

I see what you are saying but that is the same choice he had when he came to us so he obviously thought moving to Brighton was a step up from what was on offer. I think this is a step backwards from him and rather surprising from a career perspective

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love the way EVERYONE now assumes Oscar has taken a backward step. Maybe the Albion job is not all that with the restrictions and overseeing that possibly goes on. What strikes me as stranger than Oscar going back to Telaviv is that two highly rated managers in two seasons have wanted out of what looks like a dream job.

It does seem a weird decision by Oscar but I'm interested in why and I don't buy the lack of ambition line....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Maybe they are a better club, with no finance restrictions and unfair parachute payments to contend with or they have loud fans that make some noise 90mins or maybe they dont all piss off on 80mins or maybe we are not the proposition we all think we are..........

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Maybe they are a better club, with no finance restrictions and unfair parachute payments to contend with or they have loud fans that make some noise 90mins or maybe they dont all piss off on 80mins or maybe we are not the proposition we all think we are..........

In other words, no challenge for him.

Plus it's sunnier there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
One thing I do know, the Maccabi fans will never show the same love as we did for his Barney Rubble stubble!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Odd. Really very odd.

Makes me think they offered him a load of cash whilst he was still with us.

Worse than Poyet in a way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Odd. Really very odd.

Makes me think they offered him a load of cash whilst he was still with us.

Worse than Poyet in a way.

Worse than Poyet? You are having a laugh.

Two totally different type of men decided they didn't want to be Albion manager, the way they left was the difference.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I believe "Oscár Garcia" is Hebrew for "Micky Adams"...

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Says a lot that he would rather manage a club in a place with MISSILES WHISTLING round his ears then manage a club with BERK there

Don't be too hard on yourself.

...... on second thoughts......

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very strange after what he said when he left them. Good luck to him though, surprised he didn't end up in Spain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here