Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OMG!!! Sun exclusive!!!

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Pretty sure the club are going to have to come forward and either substantiate or deny these claims now it has hit the press. Although there are now claims flying around Twitter that players from Palace are denying #poogate took place..

I would imagine that CP would have sent in a team to set up in the changing rooms prior to the players arriving so any "presents" left lying around would have been cleared up in good time. Would explain why CP players know nothing about the Brighton "brick"

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Yep, all part of the Albion rollercoaster.The sun are about to follow up with "Tony Bloom, is he ACTUALLY a lizard" "Brighton 1st team, 80% bummers?" and " new Brighton training ground in alien launch pad shocker"

Yes but did freddie starr really eat a hamster? lol

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
The worst thing about this is The Sun, a rag with a huge readership of pitiful combined intelligence, can basically print it's own truth. Whilst apparently snippets of fact are within it - clappers are bollocks, someone did take a dump in the palace changing rooms etc - it's mostly the stuff of whimsy. I doubt very much that's a real email from Gus. I doubt the journo actually got their hands on a copy, rather than making up something that would fit their story. I doubt the 'source' from the marketing department said anything at all, let alone a direct quote. I doubt this 'email' (even if we assume for a moment it is true) is the reason Gus is suspended.

BUT, your standard gurning moron who actually buys The Sun doesn't exactly care whether the story is fiction or not. It's just funny because it's about poo.

"Haha, poo."
"Haha. Let's have a look at the tits on page 3 now Dave."

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
All the people saying "poogate" is made up, what will your opinions be if it turns out to be true? No-one knows either way if it is true, so why are people certain it isn't true??
If this does turn out to be true(I hope it isn't), I would like to think people would forget team rivalry, and condemn the perpetrator. It's a truly vile thing to do.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The worst thing about this is The Sun, a rag with a huge readership of pitiful combined intelligence, can basically print it's own truth. Whilst apparently snippets of fact are within it - clappers are bollocks, someone did take a dump in the palace changing rooms etc - it's mostly the stuff of whimsy. I doubt very much that's a real email from Gus. I doubt the journo actually got their hands on a copy, rather than making up something that would fit their story. I doubt the 'source' from the marketing department said anything at all, let alone a direct quote. I doubt this 'email' (even if we assume for a moment it is true) is the reason Gus is suspended.
The article specifically says this is not why he's suspended.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
All the people saying "poogate" is made up, what will your opinions be if it turns out to be true? No-one knows either way if it is true, so why are people certain it isn't true??
If this does turn out to be true(I hope it isn't), I would like to think people would forget team rivalry, and condemn the perpetrator. It's a truly vile thing to do.

Grow up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Why grow up? It's a valid question, people are denying it like it's 100% not happened, when in reality they don't know anything.

to be fair to everyone and considering its a story in The Sun the default status of the reader must always be "load of made up bollocks"

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Or an email from a prankster that put Poyet's name on it?

If it is a prank, it is extremely elaborate: the prankster would have got access to every single email of all the staff working for the Albion. Furthermore, if it really was a prank wouldn't Gus or someone else quickly have emailed everyone back to inform them that the email is not genuine (which he hasn't done)?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think there may be a version of this song next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here