Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh Alexis...

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Not a chance we'd take anything less than £70m. Maybe more. Plus, we've been told a hundred times now that he's signing for liverpool, and nothing happens. All bullshit twitter rumours for now.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Feels a little like Bissouma to Tottenham, all was negotiated and finalised very early because the teams were negotiating professionally behind closed doors (unlike City with Cucu or Arsenal with Caicedo).

I believe Mac Allister will be off to Liverpool and it’ll be confirmed fairly soon after the season ends. As long as we get the right price then no problem for me.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Why ? A European super power who have had a bad season, and will be expecting better next season. Probably 3 times more wages as well.
At the end of the day, thats the most important factor.
He wants to play in the CL. Only City are guaranteed that each season nowadays. Should go there or abroad. He will earn a good wage anywhere, even with us.

Reactions: A1X

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Won’t be sorted and finalised til after the season - anything else is predictable agent speak to the wannabe Twitter man - yes he’s going it seems but it ain’t done etc…

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Saw one report earlier suggesting the ‘release clause has been activated’ :lolol:
Don’t - you’ll get half of NSC HARD with these sort of foreign / championship manager imaginary clauses they literally think exist 🤣

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_4175.png

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why because they have added a couple of new midfielders?
It will be partly because the team has had a refresh. I agree with the poster you quoted, Liverpool will be favorites for a CL place whereas Brighton will not.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Seems to be no smoke without fire with this release clause thing. Is this how the club managed to get maccer and caciedo to stay? Agree the price they wouldnt say no to? Gentleman's agreement.

This would mean leaving money on the table so surely not you would think.

I imagine it is a gentleman's agreement or 'best endeavors' to get a deal done if everything makes sense for both parties, as opposed to a straight release clause.

At the end of the day Ali Mac has given us 100% during his stay, we will make a healthy chunk of money on him so I don't think we can be too upset about not eeking every last pound out of a deal. And if this is what he wants we and the Club need to give it our blessing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems to be too much smoke without fire with this release clause thing. Is this how the club managed to get maccer and caciedo to stay? Agree the price they wouldnt say no to? Gentleman's agreement.

Perhaps it's a minimum price they would accept but would still not prevent a bidding war.
I can’t be sure but I thought Barber has said the club don’t do release clauses?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here