Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh Alexis...

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Caicedo's new contract doesn't have a release clause according to his agent...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230511-124505~2.png
    Screenshot_20230511-124505~2.png
    290.7 KB · Views: 74

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I can’t be sure but I thought Barber has said the club don’t do release clauses?
We don’t but the club will have a valuation on each player, Alexis will be no different. The club are happy for players and managers to progress their careers as long as we get the appropriate compensation. Our business model now means we will sell at least one player each summer for a premium fee. The Alexis sale makes sense for all parties.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The club have always said that if the clubs valuation is met then they wouldn't stand in a players way, or words to that effect.

That is essentially a release clause, but not written down publicly anywhere.

I would suggest in this case that the clubs have already agreed the fee, Mac Allister has agreed the contract terms and when the season ends a smooth transition will take place that all parties are satisfied with. Much like our deal with the Watford lad.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So once again, either Romano or Naylor have been outright lying.

Naylor confirmed just last week there hasn’t been any contact whatsoever, “nor is the club expecting any from Liverpool” - which is a very interesting bit to add.
Romano has just said that the salary and terms have been agreed nothing more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club have always said that if the clubs valuation is met then they wouldn't stand in a players way, or words to that effect.

That is essentially a release clause, but not written down publicly anywhere.

I would suggest in this case that the clubs have already agreed the fee, Mac Allister has agreed the contract terms and when the season ends a smooth transition will take place that all parties are satisfied with. Much like our deal with the Watford lad.
But it’s not “essentially a release clause”, far from it.

A release clause means a player can go automatically if a fee it met. Period. The club have said repeatedly that other factors play a part such as timing and if the deal is good for the club and the player which is quite different.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
But it’s not “essentially a release clause”, far from it.

A release clause means a player can go automatically if a fee it met. Period. The club have said repeatedly that other factors play a part such as timing and if the deal is good for the club and the player which is quite different.
Okay, it's essentially a release clause if the club are happy with the other factors.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don’t understand why we’ve set a fee, everyone knows we ruin players careers by holding big clubs to ransom and demanding stupid fees, leaving their families to starve because we only pay them a few pennies a week?

That must be true because several Arsenal fans told me in January.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don’t understand why we’ve set a fee, everyone knows we ruin players careers by holding big clubs to ransom and demanding stupid fees, leaving their families to starve because we only pay them a few pennies a week?

That must be true because several Arsenal fans told me in January.
To be fair I don't know many Arsenal fans that LIE, There again I don't know many Arsenal fans that go to matches.

• Haha
Reactions: A1X

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The 'clause' will be if club a, b or c pay at least x you can go.
There's too much talk of some kind of clause for there to be no truth in it.
Ultimately it doesn't matter what it contains exactly, Mac was always leaving this summer, he'll go for a price our board are happy with and that's that.

Reactions: A1X

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The difference with Joao Pedro is that Watford's season was over, and he didn't play for them again. Our season is not over, we have very important games left. What if we had been fighting Liverpool for a 4th place finish - would we want a player who has signed their future to the opposition?

I'd think the club have told the players that we'll see where we get to, see what we can offer them (whether it includes European football, wages increases, incoming talent to strengthen the team) and discuss their future. Ali may choose to leave (if the offer is fair) but I find it odd we'd have sold him already.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
The 'clause' will be if club a, b or c pay at least x you can go.
There's too much talk of some kind of clause for there to be no truth in it.
Ultimately it doesn't matter what it contains exactly, Mac was always leaving this summer, he'll go for a price our board are happy with and that's that.
Lots of people say lots of things that simply aren't true.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Naylor confirmed just last week there hasn’t been any contact whatsoever, “nor is the club expecting any from Liverpool” - which is a very interesting bit to add.

I'm not a Twitter expert, but I think Naylor back tracked on that 10 minutes later. His wording was over zealous.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Contact with who, the club or Macs Dad?

I’d imagine they’ve sounded out old Carlos first to ensure there’s a path way forward to bid. Mac will have a price which I’m sure as part of his pre World Cup contract renewal he will know himself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here