Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Oh Alexis...

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Thats an interesting one. My vote would probably go to March but there are about 5 or 6 players in the running.

If it’s a public vote, then I expect Mitoma will win due to his global profile.
Needs a poll

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’d be very surprised if TB forked out more than £20m for any player. I just don’t think it’s part of his masterplan.
No clearly not, but then again I doubt the master plan for April 2023 was FA Cup semi final AND challenging for top 4 with 3 players who's combined value is well in excess of £200,000,000.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Kacper Kozłowski is the guy for central midfield, no? Playing full time in the Dutch Eredivisie for Vitesse, scored yesterday, doing well by all accounts. Selected in Polish national squad, older than Enciso and Ferguson.

Or it could be Yasin Ayari, just 10 days older than Kacper, who recently made his debut for the Swedish national team and looked smart in his recent cameo for Brighton.

RDZ seems to have no qualms putting youngsters in, but they would be younger than either Mac (21) or Caicedo (20) on their PL debuts.

But in all reality, how do you replace a World Cup winner in Brightons team? You don't. We certainly can't buy anyone as good, whether that's Biss or anyone else, so will have to try and develop a youngster to be that good (for the second third fourth time, by my count)
Yes, I don't disagree with what you're saying.

My only point is that in the hypothetical situation of signing (a peak) Bissouma it wouldn't be a backwards step. That's all.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Loved his celebration of Enciso's goal

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Now showing odds on to move to Liverpool (4/6) with remaining clubs starting at 7/1 and beyond out to 20/1.

This a done deal??

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now showing odds on to move to Liverpool (4/6) with remaining clubs starting at 7/1 and beyond out to 20/1.

This a done deal??
No a Liverpool fan just lost a fiver.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I have never heard Alexis even hint that he wants to move on yet. He always appears in interviews to be very happy here. The only one pushing a move is his Dad/agent and that arse Romano.
I believe that you can get 5/1 for him to stay this summer, just like you could on Caicedo in January. Maybe worth a small wager?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really enjoying certain clubs getting excited that we have quoted a few of £60 million because some random ‘journalist’ has said so. Going to be a long summer

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
If we lose two or more key players me and my beach towel will be heading to warmer climates permanently.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Some “in the know” quoting £50m. Some “less than £70m”. Some £80m.
Proves pretty conclusively that none of them know!

I suspect he has agreed terms. Now down to the clubs to sort the fee.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Seeing as Enzo Fernandez was sold for 106 million, I will be really annoyed if we let Alexis go for less than 80 million

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here