Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich interested in CMS (merged)

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
LiveTransferNews ‏@TransferHQ
Brighton have rejected Norwich City's bid for striker Craig Mackail-Smith. #NCFC #BHAFC

And I hope this is not just our first response. Norwich can and should just do one.

If we can get 4-5 million out of them for Craig Mackail-Smith Gus will be laughing all the way to the bank. I'm sorry but people are going ridiculously over the top here. Look at the top post by the chap on this or the other thread showing the "ins and outs". We have MASSIVELY improved the squad!! Not only have we brought in THREE players with Champions League experience we have signed Vicente, a man capped 40 odd times by spain and our former captain, again with Prem experience. Yes, Craig Noone's gone. Lovely lad but lets be realistic he can't shoot or cross and only started our first games due to injury.

Ask for Mackail-Smith, you can't replace that work rate easily but Ashley Barnes effectively scored 4 goals on the weekend. If CMS hadn't been pondering about he wouldn't have scored and people would have been right on his back saying get rid today. If Gus has a striker lined up then sell him and laugh all the way to the bank having made potentially 2 million on a STRIKER who has scored 2 in 10 games average for us over FIFTY games. Glenn Murray, half the work rate, twice the goals. Yes, yes at a lower level but you see my point. We need a goalscorer not someone who runs about and claps the fans a lot. Lovely, lovely lad but sell him.

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Santa Cruz has gone to Malaga - another one to cross off the list.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Personally, I suspect we will end up signing an underwhelming striker as backup to CMS & AB, and we will be stuck with £7m rated (by you) Sir Puffalot and his last-off-the-pitch, pretty-haired antics.

Well quite. And that isn't going to go down well with 22,000 hoodwinked season ticket holders when the renewals come up if we've finished 15th thanks to a lack of goals.

This is brilliant.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What, like those who actually think CMS is what we need to score the goals that will get us promotion?

When will the morons realise that if we can sell him, Gus will be able to get someone of the required quality?

Seriously, you need help with your intellectual challenge... and patience... did you cheer what CMS scored on Sat? Or were you booing?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The point of £4m in the bank is to bring in a new striker or two. CMS is not our best player, how can anyone think that?

Our best STRIKER

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
WHAT??

I hope we are not getting rid of Ashley Barnes!!

Barnes is a good player too... and getting better and better... not our best STRIKER IMHO...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe just maybe, we have a Replacement lined up and we could break our Transfer Record?! Gus said that the Squad will be trimmed down and expect Drama in these next Two Days. Don't you trust Gus and what he is trying to do here?!
You needn't get all sniffy with me, you're the buffoon here. I wasn't the one who said we should tell Norwich to f*** OFF if the fee was less than £4m, despite the fact that CMS isn't worth half that, and the fact that it is entirely irrelevant without knowing Gus's overall plans surrounding our forwards.

So what is it to be then? Trust Gus to make the right decisions concerning the comings and goings of our front players (irrespective of the fee), or express outrage loudly on the internet if just one piece of the puzzle doesn't meet your valuation?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If we can get 4-5 million out of them for Craig Mackail-Smith Gus will be laughing all the way to the bank. I'm sorry but people are going ridiculously over the top here. Look at the top post by the chap on this or the other thread showing the "ins and outs". We have MASSIVELY improved the squad!! Not only have we brought in THREE players with Champions League experience we have signed Vicente, a man capped 40 odd times by spain and our former captain, again with Prem experience. Yes, Craig Noone's gone. Lovely lad but lets be realistic he can't shoot or cross and only started our first games due to injury.

Ask for Mackail-Smith, you can't replace that work rate easily but Ashley Barnes effectively scored 4 goals on the weekend. If CMS hadn't been pondering about he wouldn't have scored and people would have been right on his back saying get rid today. If Gus has a striker lined up then sell him and laugh all the way to the bank having made potentially 2 million on a STRIKER who has scored 2 in 10 games average for us over FIFTY games. Glenn Murray, half the work rate, twice the goals. Yes, yes at a lower level but you see my point. We need a goalscorer not someone who runs about and claps the fans a lot. Lovely, lovely lad but sell him.

CMS ''pondering about'' us this a technical term?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Brighton have rejected Norwich City's bid for striker Craig Mackail-Smith. #NCFC #BHAFC

And hopefully that's the end of it !

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What does BW stand for? Bloody Wanker? You really should learn to respect your betters' opinions.

I had to chuckle at this but I'm not entirely sure why I did.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Where did you get that impression? Gus has only ever said that he does not have the money to meet the cost, not that it is not available.

So you haven't noticed that we have been trying to sign a striker with presence for over a season? That this is almost certainly mainly down to wages, rather than transfer fees?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

No surprise there. I think we overpaid for him in the first place.

How to get a striker for £9 K a week wages. Needs a promotion bonus.

We can't pay more on a long term contract because even if we wanted to the new rules for living within your means come in next season. 25 first teamers only in the squad and this excludes Sparrow and Vincelot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this is going to be the craziest transfer deadline last 48 hours ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here