Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich interested in CMS (merged)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Our best STRIKER
Our best PLAYER, that's what he said. Our best striker, well he's in the top 3. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we won't sell CMS and sign no strikers.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
5 Reasons why CMS to Norwich is a good idea:

• CMS just doesn't fit with Gus's style and Gus is clearly reluctant to change the tactics
  • Norwich are not in our league so if CMS does do well it won't be at our expense
  • If/When CMS does fail then we can all laugh at that poxy leeching club. I'm still bitter about losing Elliott Bennett.
  • Norwich are in the Premiership and we will get a premium on the selling price because of that
  • For the money we get for CMS we can surely spend £15 on buying back Alex Revell from wherever he is so that unhappy Brighton fans can still clap a player with nice teeth and a cheeky smile and who runs around aimlessly before clapping the fans at the end

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
You needn't get all sniffy with me, you're the buffoon here. I wasn't the one who said we should tell Norwich to f*** OFF if the fee was less than £4m, despite the fact that CMS isn't worth half that, and the fact that it is entirely irrelevant without knowing Gus's overall plans surrounding our forwards.

So what is it to be then? Trust Gus to make the right decisions concerning the comings and goings of our front players (irrespective of the fee), or express outrage loudly on the internet if just one piece of the puzzle doesn't meet your valuation?

I'm not getting sniffy, so you would be happy to sell CMS for a loss on what we brought him for?! Now tell me who the Buffoon really is, get a grip man. Do you think that is the way we run a Business here?!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Whatever your opinion of CMS (I think he's great, I know others disagree) unless Gus has a ready made replacement to bring in we should DEFINITELY NOT sell him to Norwich.

Even if getting £4 would theoretically be good business, unless someone's already about to come in we won't be able to spend it until January, so we'd effectively be sacking off half the season with hardly any strikers.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why don't we all wait until tomorrow night to see who we have sold/who has come in, before we decide if we are happy or not?

That would probably be the sensible approach but it's clear that very few of us are acting sensibly at the moment. I can't think why.

:rolleyes:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
5 reasons why CMS to Norwich is a bad idea:

1. He's our best striker.
2. He's coming into form.
3. He's a fans favourite.
4. We've just lost another fans favourite in Noone.
5. We need at least 3 quality strikers if we are to have a serious chance of promotion.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whatever your opinion of CMS (I think he's great, I know others disagree) unless Gus has a ready made replacement to bring in we should DEFINITELY NOT sell him to Norwich.

Even if getting £4 would theoretically be good business, unless someone's already about to come in we won't be able to spend it until January, so we'd effectively be sacking off half the season with hardly any strikers.

£4?!!!

Anyway, there is the loan window to utilise until January. Hopefully for far better quality than last year!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

I know he's hardly set the world alight but I'd hope we get more than 4 quid for him !

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What does BW stand for? Bloody Wanker? You really should learn to respect your betters' opinions.

You are clearly not anyone's better... why pork pie? Equivalent IQ to yours, maybe?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not getting sniffy, so you would be happy to sell CMS for a loss on what we brought him for?! Now tell me who the Buffoon really is, get a grip man. Do you think that is the way we run a Business here?!
Ah, I see that you're a bit of an idiot.

A player (same as any commodity) is only worth what someone is prepared to pay. And if that value is lower than what he is worth to us, then he won't be going anywhere. I suspect this is the situation.

And what we paid for him is completely and utterly irrelevant. So yes of course I would sell him for under £2.5m if it was right for the club. If it facilitated Nicky Maynard's or Billy Sharp's arrival, I'd let CMS go for £1m.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Same - I desperately want CMS to stay and they are a f***ing boring wanking club in a boring wanking part of the country

Delia Smith can shove her f***ing pies up her backside

Now THAT will be a lot more exciting than anything else the fans will see at Carrow Road this season. Mud pies, the dirty bitch...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Our best PLAYER, that's what he said. Our best striker, well he's in the top 3. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we won't sell CMS and sign no strikers.

Fair enough, I was just saying that IMHO he is our best STRIKER, rather than our best PLAYER... that is all...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Exactly this. Totally depends on who we're able to bring in as to whether it's good business or not. If I had another striker or 2 lined up to sign however, I personally would snatch your hand off for £4m for CMS. He'll do better in a more direct attacking side than us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here