Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich interested in CMS (merged)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have struggled to sign even one striker of sufficient quality... why would we let our best striker go?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
We have struggled to sign even one striker of sufficient quality... why would we let our best striker go?

Agreed. Bridcutt going is the biggest worry for me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What's the point of 4 million quid in the bank if you lose your best player. I rather have good players than money in the bank. You can't go and watch a pile of cash on the Amex pitch.

Spot on... there really are some morons on here...

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
What's the point of 4 million quid in the bank if you lose your best player. I rather have good players than money in the bank. You can't go and watch a pile of cash on the Amex pitch.

Because with the money from CMS, Hall and Noone. We could break our Transfer Record on a certain Striker. In Gus we Trust!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I honestly do not think we will sell him unless Gus has a replacement that he feels is a better fit for us.

...............or Norwich offer silly money.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why? Surely if we signed Ricky Lambert, Shola Ameobi, Billy Sharp (all pie in teh sky I know...) or anyone with a proven record at this level surely you would be happy. CMS did not set the Championship alight last season and there are massive question marks about him fitting into the system

The problem with your statement is that you are ASSUMING we can just go out and get a replacement easily... this is CLEARLY not the case...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If this is true, I would rip Norwich right arm off. But if it is anything lower, then what we paid for him. Then we can tell them to f*** OFF!
Why would we do that? You need to think about this.

Even if NCFC had offered £3m, that is still MILES more than he's worth. Of course, none of it is relevant if we haven't got a proper replacement lined up in which case we wouldn't sell him, whatever realistic bid comes in. And if we can get a quality Premiership (or Serie A / La Liga) striker to replace him for a similar amount who is unlikely to get starts at his current club, then that is what we should do.

Personally, I suspect we will end up signing an underwhelming striker as backup to CMS & AB, and we will be stuck with £7m rated (by you) Sir Puffalot and his last-off-the-pitch, pretty-haired antics.

Well quite. And that isn't going to go down well with 22,000 hoodwinked season ticket holders when the renewals come up if we've finished 15th thanks to a lack of goals.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Spot on... there really are some morons on here...

What, like those who actually think CMS is what we need to score the goals that will get us promotion?

When will the morons realise that if we can sell him, Gus will be able to get someone of the required quality?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The problem with your statement is that you are ASSUMING we can just go out and get a replacement easily... this is CLEARLY not the case...

If we sold CMS and were unable to bring in a replacement for a few weeks, this would be very short-sighted indeed. No doubt CMS would only go if Gus had a replacement lined up. Let's just hope that whoever that is he is better than CMS. I'll believe it when I see it.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. Bridcutt going is the biggest worry for me.

Yes, he is the absolute linchpin of our team... without Bridcutt, we are royally fcuked...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
LiveTransferNews ‏@TransferHQ
Brighton have rejected Norwich City's bid for striker Craig Mackail-Smith. #NCFC #BHAFC

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The point of £4m in the bank is to bring in a new striker or two. CMS is not our best player, how can anyone think that?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Because he is useless, and we could do with the money to get the quality required?

Your opinion... see 'moron' comment...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes, he is the absolute linchpin of our team... without Bridcutt, we are royally fcuked...

Bridcutt leaving would be awful; and I struggle to think how we would replace him.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Where did you get that impression? Gus has only ever said that he does not have the money to meet the cost, not that it is not available.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Why would we do that? You need to think about this.

Even if NCFC had offered £3m, that is still MILES more than he's worth. Of course, none of it is relevant if we haven't got a proper replacement lined up in which case we wouldn't sell him, whatever realistic bid comes in. And if we can get a quality Premiership (or Serie A / La Liga) striker to replace him for a similar amount who is unlikely to get starts at his current club, then that is what we should do.

Personally, I suspect we will end up signing an underwhelming striker as backup to CMS & AB, and we will be stuck with £7m rated (by you) Sir Puffalot and his last-off-the-pitch, pretty-haired antics.

Maybe just maybe, we have a Replacement lined up and we could break our Transfer Record?! Gus said that the Squad will be trimmed down and expect Drama in these next Two Days. Don't you trust Gus and what he is trying to do here?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here