Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich interested in CMS (merged)

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Deary me. CMS isn't even worth the £2.5m we paid for him.

£1.5m absolute max for a player who runs around an awful lot, can't hold the ball up or finish most chances he gets. Add £250k because he has a lovely smile, waves to the crowd and retweets any old shite that various twitter mongs ask him to, so that's £1.75m in total.

100k for brilliant hair?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

£1.5m absolute max for a player who runs around an awful lot, can't hold the ball up or finish most chances he gets. Add £250k because he has a lovely smile, waves to the crowd and retweets any old shite that various twitter mongs ask him to, so that's £1.75m in total.

You really took that as a genuine comment :lol: I was having banter with Terry over a previous disagreement...!

Dunno why you've had a pop at CMS there tho - it's Team CMS 3-0 Doubters remember!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Now that had me pissing myself with laughter!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I would be pretty pissed off if we sell any of more of the first team squad. I thought our days of selling players was behind us. If CMS goes I will be very disappointed with Gus.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For the moment. Of the 3 that must fall next May, I'd say that this term there is a high chance they will be one of them.

It's 3 games in to the season FFS - They'll be a prem team for at least 1 season!

Add £50,000 because he finally scored (twice) against the mighty Barnsley.

It's not just about goals - did you not watch his previous 3 performances? Are you suddenly slating him because you're getting more worried about him going? NSC was (finally) very pro CMS until this rumour gathered pace :lol: fickle.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with nost of that, but there's NO WAY we would sell for less than the £2.5 million we paid for him.

Get £3 - £3.5m for him, add that to the £1.5m for Noone (there's NO WAY we would have sold him for less than they offered us last year - they now have LOADS of money) add the Hall money in and we've currently got about £6.5 m to spend on a striker!

And before these proposed sales, TB/Gus already made it plain there was cash there. Looking rosey of deals can be done on acquisitions.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield

Have to agree, he is our best striker though i do find it a touch annoying how he makes SUCH a point of being the last off the pitch. Almost like he knows if he wins the fans over, it'll excuse him for missing the sitter that would've won us the game :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You really took that as a genuine comment :lol: I was having banter with Terry over a previous disagreement...!

Dunno why you've had a pop at CMS there tho - it's Team CMS 3-0 Doubters remember!

I thought it was Barnes 4-0 Doubters!?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I would be pretty pissed off if we sell any of more of the first team squad. I thought our days of selling players was behind us. If CMS goes I will be very disappointed with Gus.

Me too.. and signing a replacement won't make me feel any better.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park

Does Gus know you feel this way? Perhaps he will consider your hurt when he makes his decision :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's 3 games in to the season FFS - They'll be a prem team for at least 1 season!

It's not just about goals - did you not watch his previous 3 performances? Are you suddenly slating him because you're getting more worried about him going? NSC was (finally) very pro CMS until this rumour gathered pace :lol: fickle.

CMS was receiving mixed reviews prior to the Barnsley game.

All subjective, but the Barnsley game did not make good 13 months of many failings in his game.

Win-win ... if he stays, he admits he's finally getting to grips with our style.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
IF the price is right let him go, we may even be able to buy someone better and not have to play to suit him- Love him though gotta say!

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
If this is true, I would rip Norwich right arm off. But if it is anything lower, then what we paid for him. Then we can tell them to f*** OFF!

What's the point of 4 million quid in the bank if you lose your best player. I rather have good players than money in the bank. You can't go and watch a pile of cash on the Amex pitch.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Me too.. and signing a replacement won't make me feel any better.

Why? Surely if we signed Ricky Lambert, Shola Ameobi, Billy Sharp (all pie in teh sky I know...) or anyone with a proven record at this level surely you would be happy. CMS did not set the Championship alight last season and there are massive question marks about him fitting into the system

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here