Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North South Divide?? Are you a Southerner

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My dad (now in his 80's) has traced our family name back to mid 1700's through census, parish registers for births deaths & marrages, etc. all to Sussex places (Selmeston, Willmington & Brighton). In fact my Great, Great, Great Grandfather was a shepherd in Stanmer Park for the Earl of Chichester.

So I'm Sussex through & through (born in Woodingdean) - but I've lived in Shropshire for six years now and when I talk of "home" it's always Brighton - I'm only here on a temporary visitors permit - I'll come home one day .....

Oh, and it's ketchup for me, none of the brown muck !

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Having been born in Sussex and having lived up in wigan & manchester i can say with conviction "its grim up norf " they are not as friendly or as funny as they think they are ! they are narrow minded and workshy and live on a diet of chips and fags.....the sooner theres war declared on the norf and wales the better.....FOR GOD, QUEEN AND THE SOUTH .......... CHARGE

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Having been born in Sussex and having lived up in wigan & manchester i can say with conviction "its grim up norf " they are not as friendly or as funny as they think they are ! they are narrow minded and workshy and live on a diet of chips and fags.....the sooner theres war declared on the norf and wales the better.....FOR GOD, QUEEN AND THE SOUTH .......... CHARGE

Oi I am in the North:lol:

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Having just come back from a weekend at Alton Towers I can confirm that the North contains more scum than the South. Arrogant classless twats with the scousers being the worst.

No manners, think they should get everything they want ahead of everyone else and totally classless. Also, the women are worse than the men. The look like women (well sort of) but act like blokes.

I am not saying the South doesn't have total twat because it has plenty but from what I have seen the North contains far more. This weekend has shown why England is decaying...the chav army is growing at a rapid rate.

Must say a special thank you to the hundreds of Irish gypos who were also there for the pure entertainment, never seen so many orange women, wearing bright pink high heels, mini skirts, bright green, orange or pink tops with their guts handing out, half a ton of gold and more make up than aunt sally. The only way you could separate them from the scousers was the accent...just

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was born in Nottingham do I fall between two stools?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

No manners, think they should get everything they want ahead of everyone else and totally classless.

If by classless you mean lacking in class then that sounds like the Russians I've come across whilst on holiday

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The number of people I've known who've come down from Yorkshire, moaned, moaned, moaned their arses off about the way of life down here, then when challenged as to why they actually bother coming down, say "To educate you lot..."

:wozza:

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
The orginal Watford Gap was a pass between two hills in Northants, through which most people from the South travelling North had to pass. Nothing to do with Watford, or the service station.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Will you have divided loyalties on 25/04/09 then gw?

I left Yorkshire at 3, so have no real affinity, but would like to go up there and have a look at the county of my birth :)

Not really.

Having followed Brighton for over 30 years, I have a greater affinity with these soft southern shandy drinking poofs, however when it comes to football, i am very much a glory hunter and if Town are doing well, then its Town all the way, if brighton are doing well then Brighton.

As things stand Town cannot now get playoffs and Brighton need the points more than ever, so if I went ( which I am umming and ahhrring as I do get hacked off with the anti Northern chanting stuff) then I would support Brighton.

To be honest that is why after all these years , I am not really like your average Brighton fan in that if we went crunch I would have no problem going to see another side play. I was not brought up on watching football, so I only have localised loyalty. HTFC is my home town team although I left when I was 5, 46 years ago!!!!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Born in Brighton but lived in Birkenhead for all of my school years. In terms of total strangers talking to you in pubs,on busses in public bogs etc.this goes on more up north, the problem is its usually because they're pissed and/or friendless and by and large have nothing of any interest to say. I reckon that southerners take more time to form friendships but when they do they are more rewarding and that people are generally more cultured in the South.

It is FAR easier to pull a bird in the North BTW because their own lads are usually arseholes and most of them want to leave their shitty lives in Mansfield or Rotherham or wherever so a nice Brighton boy can do well on that front..

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
In that case, call them Mancs or Scousers - it's just as relevant.

they don't get it, they simply don't understand - their grasp of geography beyond 10 miles of the M62 is shocking.

tell them it's nearly twice as far from brighton to central london as it is from Liverpool to Manchester and they just go blank.

saying that, i doubt many southerners know how close burnley is to wakefield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here