Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL season 2012

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Suprised by the timing of the Garrard decision - this really will be a make or break call for Del Rio as he must be getting close to being 'released' himself. Maybe they should try and tempt the Broncos to let them have Tebow as he now looks like third choice in Denver. It would certainly please the locals and add a few thousand ticket sales in the process.

As for Nick Halling I hadn't spotted this one. I quite like Nick (despite him being a Southampton fan) but I know of others who had grown tired of the cosy Halling /Cadle double act. It will be interesting to see where he shows up next.

That's a good shout that. Tebow to the Jags.

I wasn't that keen on Halling, but to replace with with Reynolds seems like a sideways move at best.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yay or nay?

eafe9a464d67a12fd621bac0b73f.jpeg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As for Nick Halling I hadn't spotted this one. I quite like Nick (despite him being a Southampton fan) but I know of others who had grown tired of the cosy Halling /Cadle double act. It will be interesting to see where he shows up next.

He's got a big gig on Sky covering the boxing apparently. Not sure if he's in the studio or commentating on fights, but apparently he was told that if he took the boxing gig, it would be at the expense of doing anything else on Sky.

I'm surprised he chose Boxing over NFL, as he used to be the editor of a UK NFL magazine (First Down?) back in the 80s, so he's been massively into the sport for decades, but maybe boxing gives more work, and therefore more money. If it means he doesn't have to crop up on football highlights, and tenpin bowlking to pay the bills, then maybe that was the deciding factor.

Personally, I liked the Cadle / Halling double act. Neil Reynolds IS a sideways move, but not necessarily a bad thing. Change of direction can be dangerous ... anyone remember the Vicious Boys?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Watching NFL on Channel 4 in the early 1980's (my flat at the 7 Dials had an aerial pointed at the Isle of Wight transmitter) got me hooked into following the B52s at Withdean.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Manning sounds like he will be done for the season, out for 3 months, the colts have never bothered to get a back up qb and I now think they will have a losing season

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Manning sounds like he will be done for the season, out for 3 months, the colts have never bothered to get a back up qb and I now think they will have a losing season

Yep, Colts have confirmed he HAS had a second neck surgery, and most analysts have that as 2-3 months out. See has he has now had multiple operations on the neck, it's hard to believe it's going to be the lower end of that. So, if we are looking at 3 months, that takes us to 8th Dec ... which is Week 14!! Unless the Colts are in with a shout of post-season (and I can't see it) there is no way they will rush him back. I bet he's done for the season now.

On a slight aside, that now makes his brother, the holder of the longest active streak of starts in the NFL at 103 consecutive games, That puts Favre's record of 297 into perspective. His record can't possibly get beaten until 2022!!!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
14-0 to the Packers. Saints looking nervous and making some big mistakes

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
thought that was a brilliant game to open the season with. rodgers hit every target, but the saints rolled over and let him for most of the 1st half. saints o looked decent. really fear for my bears if the pack are playing with that desire when we face them. eep.

managed to get rodgers picking 11th out of 16 in a fantasy draft though. weren't any elite rb left so went qb/wr/rb for first three picks.

been reading up about manning and a few places have him down as having had a cervical fusion and if that is true i can't see that we'll ever see him throw a ball again. hope it wasn't. very short sighted of indy to never have had a proper back up qb and ruined me on a few fantasy leagues after i took a chance that peyton would play and drafted indy receivers. surely they aren't going rely on collins? not sure who else is about- carson palmer perhaps?

houston surely for the division. managed to get good odds on them when peyton's second surgery was being whispered about.

am over in singapore on business for the next while, haven;'t found anywhere to watch the american football in a bar with the time difference but have got the gamepass and the time difference worked in my favour today. got to watch the game at my desk instead of working and at a sensible hour.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Heard the last two quarters on the radio and it sounded fantastic, great comentary from the BBC on sports Xtra.

Highlights now up on the nfl site.

NFL Game Center: New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers - 2011 Week 1

Looking forward to Channels 4 first game on Monday - Dallas Cowboys @ NY Jets, anyone knwo if the Redskins v Giants game is being shown anywhere.

according to the NFL UK site it's on Sky, and commentary is on Radio 5 Live Sports Extra.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Heard the last two quarters on the radio and it sounded fantastic, great comentary from the BBC on sports Xtra.

Highlights now up on the nfl site.

NFL Game Center: New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers - 2011 Week 1

Looking forward to Channels 4 first game on Monday - Dallas Cowboys @ NY Jets, anyone knwo if the Redskins v Giants game is being shown anywhere.

Skins game is on Sky on sunday night and five live sports Xtra too.

Apologies for stating the obvious did not read the post above.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
thought that was a brilliant game to open the season with. rodgers hit every target, but the saints rolled over and let him for most of the 1st half. saints o looked decent. really fear for my bears if the pack are playing with that desire when we face them. eep.

managed to get rodgers picking 11th out of 16 in a fantasy draft though. weren't any elite rb left so went qb/wr/rb for first three picks.

been reading up about manning and a few places have him down as having had a cervical fusion and if that is true i can't see that we'll ever see him throw a ball again. hope it wasn't. very short sighted of indy to never have had a proper back up qb and ruined me on a few fantasy leagues after i took a chance that peyton would play and drafted indy receivers. surely they aren't going rely on collins? not sure who else is about- carson palmer perhaps?

houston surely for the division. managed to get good odds on them when peyton's second surgery was being whispered about.

am over in singapore on business for the next while, haven;'t found anywhere to watch the american football in a bar with the time difference but have got the gamepass and the time difference worked in my favour today. got to watch the game at my desk instead of working and at a sensible hour.

Agreed, that was a superb start to the season, and fans of both of those teams can be pretty confident about the season based on that. Jordy Nelson looked like the breakout a lot of people have been suggesting he would be this season. No sign of the drops that plagued him a bit last season, and if Rodgers hadn't over thrown him when open deep, that had TD written all over it and his numbers would have been sensational. Incredible really that it was over thrown when looking at the quality of Rodgers work on the night.

Meanwhile the Saints have plenty to be cheerful about, even with Colston breaking his collarbone on that late diving catch. Sproles looked electric, and a trade-up from Bush for my money, while Graham - like Nelson - showed exactly why he has been talked up so much in the off season. I went quite big on him in Fantasy this year, so was pleased, especially as he'd been quite quiet for 3 quarters. Again, that's a cracking trade-up from Shockey. Grahams size, speed, but especially his mobilty is just going to be a match-up nightmare for teams.

I too, fear we've seen the last of Peyton. I hadn't read about the cervical fusion, but even without that, it's 3 neck surgeries in 2 years, and that's not good. The neck just has to be an area that players think about the quality of their life after football, and don't take too many risks. I'd hate to see it over, but I do fear the Peyton days may be behind us.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I bloody hate the Ravens ever since they bullied The Giants into submission the 2001 Superbowl

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here