Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL season 2012

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Who do people fancy for the big game on Sunday then? Rooting for the Giants, but it's gonna be tough for them I think...

In Indianapolis at the moment for some of the festivities and it's pretty crazy out in a great way. Tens of thousands of sports fans all having a good time, drinking on the street at 10am and enjoying themselves. Even for being in Indy I was surprised at the massive amount of Colts jerseys on the streets too.

Good times!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going Patriots for this, in Tom we trust

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The odds setters are making the Pats 3 point favourites. They must see something that I don't, because I would think that the Giants are favoured here. New Englands pass rush is good, but not as good as SF's and its secondary is far weaker. The Ravens have shown that a good defence can make the NE offense struggle. Eli is a much better QB this time than when he upset NE in 2008, and this years NE team isn't nearly as good as the team that lost in 2008 - not at reciever, not at running back, not on the line, not in the defense. The Giants are playing tough right now. They aren't the same team that they were when they opened the season.

The Pats are lucky to be in this SB. Flacco outplayed Brady and had all but won the game for the Ravens.

This is the worst possible match for the Patriots. I’m sure they were hoping the 49ers would pull it off. The Giants D is tailor made to stop the Pats, and the Pats can’t stop their passing attack. Eli Manning is on a roll, Brady’s form seems to have slipped

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
The odds setters are making the Pats 3 point favourites. They must see something that I don't, because I would think that the Giants are favoured here. New Englands pass rush is good, but not as good as SF's and its secondary is far weaker. The Ravens have shown that a good defence can make the NE offense struggle. Eli is a much better QB this time than when he upset NE in 2008, and this years NE team isn't nearly as good as the team that lost in 2008 - not at reciever, not at running back, not on the line, not in the defense. The Giants are playing tough right now. They aren't the same team that they were when they opened the season.

The Pats are lucky to be in this SB. Flacco outplayed Brady and had all but won the game for the Ravens.

This is the worst possible match for the Patriots. I’m sure they were hoping the 49ers would pull it off. The Giants D is tailor made to stop the Pats, and the Pats can’t stop their passing attack. Eli Manning is on a roll, Brady’s form seems to have slipped

What he said...well put Mr L. :clap:

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
As an Englander living in New England I am of course a Pats fan, but am very nervous about this game. I just think the strengths of the Giants match up very well against the weaknesses of the Patriots, ie our secondary. Cruz may be the difference maker, and even if he isn't then Manningham and Nix might just be. Then again if Gronk is fit he's virtually unstoppable, and Brady never plays two bad games in a row. I suppose that's why I'll be watching despite how long it takes to play the damn game, especially with Madonna prancing around at half-time, knowing that I have to drink slowly because America hasn't yet figured out that if you play the game on Saturday you have an entire day to recover before you have to go back to work.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Shame Herzlich is inactive, as that would have been a beautiful ending to his story this season.

As for the result, it all depends on Gronk for me. If he is anywhere near 100%, I fancy the Pats, but if he is limited and playing this game on one leg, then the Giants will be able to stay with them, and sneak it late for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here