Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL season 2012

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You win!!

His NFL debut - he returned the kick-off for a TD - came 5 days after he'd hit a home run for the Yankees. What a guy.
Blimey that surprises me.
I saw the question and instantly thought Sanders.
I'm pretty sure I didn't 'know' the answer, although I am struggling to think of anyone else I could be, or perhaps those with 4 or 5.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
good question, i didn't know that about sanders. what a player he was.

rumours this evening that jeremy maclin has been diagnosed with lymphona. absolutely awful news if it turns out true, but not sure if it's just a rumour gone wild. hope so.

few 'names' still holding out on deals. cj2k, de sean.

still nothing exciting going on in chicago. marion barber to sit as back up behind forte and mike martz is thrilled with the offense in training camp. :annoyed:

any oakland fans on here?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
good question, i didn't know that about sanders. what a player he was.

rumours this evening that jeremy maclin has been diagnosed with lymphona. absolutely awful news if it turns out true, but not sure if it's just a rumour gone wild. hope so.

few 'names' still holding out on deals. cj2k, de sean.

still nothing exciting going on in chicago. marion barber to sit as back up behind forte and mike martz is thrilled with the offense in training camp. :annoyed:

any oakland fans on here?

That's awful about Maclin if at all true.

How can you say that about the Bears, you've become Dallas-lite, how exciting is that? Marion Barber III, Roy Williams, and Sam Hurd. I think Flozell Adams is also available after failing to agree a new deal with the Steelers.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Has anyone bought GamePass I cant decide if I should or not?

£124.99 for the single team version is quite tempting but I just can't afford it I think. Will have to make do with whatever ESPN have this season (if they have anything).

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
£124.99 for the single team version is quite tempting but I just can't afford it I think. Will have to make do with whatever ESPN have this season (if they have anything).

You will get Monday night football on ESPN and Sunday night late game on Channel 4.
Gamepass has an option where you can pay for the premium over 4 months 40 a month which sounds a good idea

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
You will get Monday night football on ESPN and Sunday night late game on Channel 4.
Gamepass has an option where you can pay for the premium over 4 months 40 a month which sounds a good idea

woohoo....Redskins v Cowboys is a Monday night match I think. I did see that about the premium but that would probably eat away my Seagulls fund so there is the problem :)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
we do not have any tv service in our house so the gamepass is invaluable to me.

i have the all-team one, think it was £160 or so for this coming season but is so worth it.

i like that i can just pick and choose what games i want to watch and not be tied to sky showing whatever sky think is best. the games are there all season so if you want to go back and watch the giants from week 1 but we're now in week 10 you can. you can divide your screen into quarters (or half or thirds!) and watch more than one game at a time.

i don't know if you have an ipad/phone but this year you are meant to be able to use gamepass live on that.

it's well worth it to me as i don't have a tv and american football is my number one sport.

it also works very well, there have been one or two minor issues but i have used it for several years and has always been able to watch what i want when i wanted.

no redzone in the uk though.

so...

teams still over the cap and need to be under it by tomorrow

st louis £100k easy amount to shave off from somewhere you'd think.
atlanta £1m
dallas £3m
detroit £8m
houston £8.5
pittsburgh £11m
oakland £12m

mad al at oakland? i looked at their roster, who they've let go and who they've brought in and to still be over by such a huge sum? if i were an oakland fan i'd be incredibly miffed right about now.

sad news about bubba smith.
Legendary NFL defender Bubba Smith passes away at age 66 - Shutdown Corner - NFLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
we do not have any tv service in our house so the gamepass is invaluable to me.

i have the all-team one, think it was £160 or so for this coming season but is so worth it.

i like that i can just pick and choose what games i want to watch and not be tied to sky showing whatever sky think is best. the games are there all season so if you want to go back and watch the giants from week 1 but we're now in week 10 you can. you can divide your screen into quarters (or half or thirds!) and watch more than one game at a time.

i don't know if you have an ipad/phone but this year you are meant to be able to use gamepass live on that.

it's well worth it to me as i don't have a tv and american football is my number one sport.

it also works very well, there have been one or two minor issues but i have used it for several years and has always been able to watch what i want when i wanted.

no redzone in the uk though.

so...

teams still over the cap and need to be under it by tomorrow

atlanta £1m
dallas £3m
detroit £8m
houston £8.5
pittsburgh £11m
oakland £12m

mad al at oakland? i looked at their roster, who they've let go and who they've brought in and to still be over by such a huge sum? if i were an oakland fan i'd be incredibly miffed right about now.

sad news about bubba smith.
Legendary NFL defender Bubba Smith passes away at age 66 - Shutdown Corner - NFLBlog - Yahoo! Sports

thanks for the info., indeed sad to hear about bubba.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
atlanta £1m
dallas £3m
detroit £8m
houston £8.5
pittsburgh £11m
oakland £12m

Never mind St. Louis, Houston MUST be able to find £8.50 they can shave off someone's money. There just has to be someone in that secondary from 2010 that you can punish by a tenner for last years performances.

Seriously though, I don't know how Oakland have found themselves in that spot. No wonder they couldn't hang on to Zach Miller, let along the CB.

Dallas and Atlanta, could possibly do it with nothing more than a restructuring of contracts, but Detroit to Oakland, will have to cut a few. Interesting to watch. What's the cut-off is it the end of Friday? 5pm ET, so 10pm our time?

Or as I call it, Al's Guide on how to throw away a season before it's began! I wasn't too upset about losing Nnamdi, yes he's a great corner but it'd help free up some much needed cap room. Losing Zach Miller is really going to hurt the team, we need a receiver to step up and fill the void made in lost catches\yards...which I just can't see happening. Rumour has it, he wanted to re-sign but the team dragged their feet and the Seahawks just got in there and snapped him up.
It's going to be a long season for the Raiders.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
yep, miller is a big loss. i see they have kevin boss visiting with them today.

not sure when the teams have to be under cap just know that it's 'tomorrow'

i see that most teams have gone down a few million today in various ways apart from the poor raiders who instead are now $15.3million over cap.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
i see that most teams have gone down a few million today in various ways apart from the poor raiders who instead are now $15.3million over cap.

Have you got a link for that info?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
i took it from adam schefter's twitter feed he had an article up on his espn blog as well but i can't find it now.

sad news about mike patterson. just reading that while he was on the ground having his seizure the other players were on their knees praying for him. poor guy :(

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
players have voted the cba in so teh deal is completely ratified and practice can get properly underway for everyone now. about time. as jason la canfora said football is back, no strings attached, ten years of labour peace.

lets hope we don't have to sit through this all again in 2021

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Can't quite believe Chris Johnson is still holding out. While it does appear that he is being underpaid in Tennessee, and the career of a RB can be the shortest of anyone on the field, I really did think that the new CBA rules on hold-out would have players in camp discussing new deals. To lose a year towards Free Agency seemed an excellent idea, because I thought - wrongly, as it turns out - that no-one would hold-out to that point.

Jul 7, 2003

As I have Sky I tend to buy gamepass on weekly pass on the basis that it is likely they will be on UK TV two or three times in a season (being a 'West Coast' team there is more chance of them being the 9pm Sky game as there are less fixtures at that time) and I know I'll miss a couple of games through holidays, work, etc. Last year the weekly billing was a bit hit and miss and for the first half of the season I only had to pay every other week which was a bonus.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ESPN do seem to have quite a few pre-season games live, as well as showing a series of classic MNF games.

A friend of mine has got himself a 3 month free trial of ESPN somehow as well, so it may be worth looking into.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
ESPN do seem to have quite a few pre-season games live, as well as showing a series of classic MNF games.

A friend of mine has got himself a 3 month free trial of ESPN somehow as well, so it may be worth looking into.
ESPN is worth it for ESPN Classic alone :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
ESPN is worth it for ESPN Classic alone :thumbsup:

I agree. I buy it for the NFL Season, but then find I can't bring myself to let it go. Enjoyed the Giants pre-season game last night though. have you seen that 97 yard TD run from the rookie RB (name escapes me). Blinding run, and although it was against the second (or third) string defence, he had teh pace that once he'd broken clear he was GONE! Which was not the case with Helu the other night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here