Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New strikers next season,

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I don't think the strikers are the top priority we have seen many a striker crash and burn here and then go elsewhere and succeed I think our top priority is quality strikers coach. Without the right coaching we could sign Costa and turn him into shit within 6 months would also be a cheaper option.
I am not saying we don't need a clear out of this shower of shite but I don't want the same thing to happen again.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
:facepalm: So you are happy to go with the three strikers who have spectacular fallen short of the required standard? Or two of them, IF one leaves?

Thank The Lord the club ignore your letters about who they should sign.

I'm increasingly coming over to the idea that BG is a rather subtle spoof account

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
le Fondre and Mackie would be on my list for sure.
Would like Chris Wood but would assume that depends on Leicesters league staus and as he priced himself out of a move to Wolves last summer he's probably out of our shoe string budget anyway.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've always rated Adam le Fondre (perhaps because he seems to score against us regularly) but he's another short @rse in the Sam Baldock/CMS mode - play him with a big man up front and he'd be perfect
Zamora is too old and doesn't play every game and would be on a huge wedge
In my opinion we need (deep breath) a Murray type - big and strong (but without the sulky side)
But to get any of these types of players Bloom must loosen the purse strings
I trust that CH knows the sort of players he wants but please this year let's get our business done early and get the side moulded into a decent top six troubling side who are attractive to watch, let's not have the plethora of loanees that we've had this year - let's get players in who want to play for the club
There has to be another Ulloa out there - let's hope the Albion scouts are doing their job properly

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I don't think the strikers are the top priority we have seen many a striker crash and burn here and then go elsewhere and succeed I think our top priority is quality strikers coach. Without the right coaching we could sign Costa and turn him into shit within 6 months would also be a cheaper option.
I am not saying we don't need a clear out of this shower of shite but I don't want the same thing to happen again.

Interesting, so you feel CF blackhole is due to coaching!?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I don't think the likes of Ward and Kane need that much coaching it is a natural ability.

What we need is a striker or three with that ability and some midfielders who can deliver balls to enable them to use that ability. And , of course, a system that plays to their strengths. Simple really :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I've always rated Adam le Fondre (perhaps because he seems to score against us regularly) but he's another short @rse in the Sam Baldock/CMS mode - play him with a big man up front and he'd be perfect
Zamora is too old and doesn't play every game and would be on a huge wedge
In my opinion we need (deep breath) a Murray type - big and strong (but without the sulky side)
But to get any of these types of players Bloom must loosen the purse strings
I trust that CH knows the sort of players he wants but please this year let's get our business done early and get the side moulded into a decent top six troubling side who are attractive to watch, let's not have the plethora of loanees that we've had this year - let's get players in who want to play for the club
There has to be another Ulloa out there - let's hope the Albion scouts are doing their job properly

How did you type this whilst on your knees and your hand clasped together ? :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm increasingly coming over to the idea that BG is a rather subtle spoof account

bg.jpg

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Expectation: Chris Wood

Reality: Dexter Blackstock

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We really need to stop looking in the UK - players are just overpriced and not that great.

We need another Ulloa style player - so scouting in Europe is a must. A player who I think we should go for (and I know I have said it before) is Sporting Kansas City striker Dom Dwyer, who was actually born in Sussex. Only 24 and has a career total so far of 88 appearances for Sporting KC and Orlando City with 50 goals. Brentford were reportedly interested last Summer and he would probably have a price-tag of around £2 Million, so it could be a risk.

I am confident our recruitment will be stronger this Summer, not least because the manager will be in charge of it - like it should be.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If Derby go up and he is seen as surpless to requirements which I doubt he will be, I would go all out for Chris Martin.

Vetokele from Charlton might be worth a shot, although he only managed 11 goals this season.

If not I would have a look at Emnes at Swansea, he could fall back down the pecking order if they make a couple of Summer signings.

Nick Powell at Man United hasnt made any real strides since Joining them from Crewe, Maybe a time for him to drop down a league or two, pick him up as a second striker?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:facepalm: So you are happy to go with the three strikers who have spectacular fallen short of the required standard? Or two of them, IF one leaves?

Thank The Lord the club ignore your letters about who they should sign.

Your vision and knowledge of football is zilch. The reason Baldock and CMS struggled was due to the way we set up COG just isnt good enough. I have repeatedly said that playing 2 up front, a big man and a support striker has proved to be effective for promotion from this division in the past few years. Now we have partially abandoned the Spanish keep ball system lets completely revert to what the players know and can play either 3- 5-2 ,or 4-4-2.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I found the perfect signing for us last night! Sjoerd ARS from NEC, bit old at 31 but 6 foot with 24 goals in 29 games this season in Dutch Div2 and a career record of 130 in 260!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here