New Forest Lapland experience disappointing

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This great, you couldn't make it up !!!! :lol:

n570598371_1165558_5329.jpg

I laugh every time I see this picture. I'm not sure who looks more embarrassed; the bear or the woman.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Here's a few choice bits of copy I just found on the Southern Daily Echo's website. Had me in stitches:-

Farcical scenes saw “elves” involved in scuffles with furious parents in a “gingerbread house” and Father Christmas punched in his grotto, according to angry customers who are now demanding their money back.
One parent complained her children even stumbled across “Santa” during a smoking break at the back of his grotto.

A Hampshire recruitment agency which supplied 20 members of staff to the park withdrew all their employees following a number of attacks on staff by furious customers.

Adrian Wood quit the park after being punched in the head and called “a pikey”. He said: “People were complaining before they even got in. How there weren’t riots, I have no idea.”

Another agency worker who asked not to be named said: “We asked Henry (Mears) what to do if anyone asked to speak to the manager if they were unhappy.
“He told us to point them in any direction and look out for the guy with curly hair – but he doesn’t have curly hair.
“He then said if they carried on to pretend we had a phone call or had to go to the toilet and just walk away.”

Diana Porter, from Totton, spent £350 taking her family which included her daughter Anita Saunders and five-year-old grandson Alfie.

Anita said: “My five-year-old son Alfie was looking forward to seeing Father Christmas and the reindeer.When we got there, there were two of them that you could hardly see and he just turned around to me and said: ‘Mummy are they dead?”
“They were lying down in a shed and didn’t look very healthy.”

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
£25 and I'm there.

I mean, for, what, about £70-80 ferry fare, £50-60 petrol costs and £40-50 a night for a half-decent cheap hotel, you could hit any of the real-deal proper traditional Christmas markets currently selling gluehwein, gingerbread and wooden soldier-shaped nutcrackers to half-cut people in a big swathe across beautiful medieval towns in continental northwest Europe at the moment: about every town in Holland, Belgium, Germany, northern France. And you get REAL snow and ice too.

But...who'd want that. When, for twice the money, you could have THIS. :clap2:
12.jpg

It looks more like a cold Guantanamo Bay for animals.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Here's a few choice bits of copy I just found on the Southern Daily Echo's website. Had me in stitches:-

Farcical scenes saw “elves” involved in scuffles with furious parents in a “gingerbread house” and Father Christmas punched in his grotto, according to angry customers who are now demanding their money back.
One parent complained her children even stumbled across “Santa” during a smoking break at the back of his grotto.

A Hampshire recruitment agency which supplied 20 members of staff to the park withdrew all their employees following a number of attacks on staff by furious customers.

Adrian Wood quit the park after being punched in the head and called “a pikey”. He said: “People were complaining before they even got in. How there weren’t riots, I have no idea.”

Another agency worker who asked not to be named said: “We asked Henry (Mears) what to do if anyone asked to speak to the manager if they were unhappy.
“He told us to point them in any direction and look out for the guy with curly hair – but he doesn’t have curly hair.
“He then said if they carried on to pretend we had a phone call or had to go to the toilet and just walk away.”

Diana Porter, from Totton, spent £350 taking her family which included her daughter Anita Saunders and five-year-old grandson Alfie.

Anita said: “My five-year-old son Alfie was looking forward to seeing Father Christmas and the reindeer.When we got there, there were two of them that you could hardly see and he just turned around to me and said: ‘Mummy are they dead?”
“They were lying down in a shed and didn’t look very healthy.”

Few things

1. The photos of this place crack me up every time.

2. I don't see how people are stupid if they go after seeing it on the website seeing as how it was advertised . I.E. nothing like the reality.

3. Shit as it is, beating up the staff seems a bit OTT.

The photos still crack me up though. They should get this place listed so we can all visit it for years to come.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
thought the blokes name was henry mears , dont think it was anything to do with our victor.

Apologies, but is he not Victor's brother?

I always thought business wise they were very clued up and nothing like the mickey mouse organisation this appears to be.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apologies, but is he not Victor's brother?

I always thought business wise they were very clued up and nothing like the mickey mouse organisation this appears to be.

Is our present council leader connected to the Mears family you're talking about ?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Looking forward immensely to their forthcoming Spring extravanganza 'The Miracle Of Easter - As Advertised In The New (Forest) Testament' :lol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I thought they were greengrocers not gangsters! :smokin:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think the Albion have taken their eye off the ball here.

A few portacabins, muddy field (Falmer at present)

Fake snow, Dick Knight as Santa Martin Perry as Chief Elf, Dean Cox, Junior Elf

Mr and Mrs Gully could don a reindeer suit.

Plenty of fairies unemployed currently in Brighton

Quids in!!

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I watched a bit of this on South today yesterday. They had spoken with one of the organisers who said, ''My staff have been abused, one of the elves was punched....''. I really would have loved to see somebody punch an elf I must admit.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Victor Mears.

Anyone heard of him on here?

He'll be like Belloti, just the fall guy while mister big laughs all the way to the bank, hope they find the fucker and take him for everything or perhaps 'Universal Justice' will have away of taking the smile off his face - there are a lots of nasty things out there we have no control over, even people with a lot of rip-off money in their bank accounts. Enjoy it Mr. Big, while you can.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'm bloody glad I wasn't one of the costumed helpers on the Front Line. Getting punched is, I would imagine, seriously bad for your elf..

*Gets little green coat & scurries off*

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lots of chatter on 5Live about this, this morning including one woman and kid who said they'd heard the elves moaning about their pay, swearing and smoking in full view of the children. Made me think of this:

bad_santa.jpg

However with the number of Trading Standards complaints at 2000 and rising rapidly, I couldn't help but think of the Brand/Ross incident and many folk now just jumping on the bandwagon, thinking they have a sniff of getting some money back.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Little boy interviewed on South Today yesterday:

"We got out of the car and it started to get rubbish"

:lolol:

I saw that and laughed, brilliant wasn't it :lolol:
I wonder if Withdean gets a similar appraisal from the young fans.
"We arrived at the ground and it started to get rubbish..."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports