Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Forest Lapland experience disappointing

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
One furious man held down a female worker dressed as an elf as a woman PUNCHED her, a source said. Yesterday another worker in an ill-fitting costume said five “ashamed” colleagues had quit. .
This little snippet was in the Sun article. I like the way that it is now acceptable to assualt staff just because they had a shit time :D

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

Cheers for the link hon. I probably shouldn't laff - but NSC has truly brightened up my day with the wealth of witty banter concerning this lil' fiasco!

I found a couple of quotes from 'organiser' Henry Mears particularly touching.
The Main Man blamed "a few groups of professional troublemakers" for the allegations over the attraction, & followed up his broadside against disgruntled punters by saying: "Like all people they like to get into queues and just generate a bit of aggravation,"!! :lol:

I wonder if he's looking to launch a 'New Forest Experience' in Lapland, in the not-too-distant?!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I wonder if he's looking to launch a 'New Forest Experience' in Lapland, in the not-too-distant?!
£25 and I'm there.

I mean, for, what, about £70-80 ferry fare, £50-60 petrol costs and £40-50 a night for a half-decent cheap hotel, you could hit any of the real-deal proper traditional Christmas markets currently selling gluehwein, gingerbread and wooden soldier-shaped nutcrackers to half-cut people in a big swathe across beautiful medieval towns in continental northwest Europe at the moment: about every town in Holland, Belgium, Germany, northern France. And you get REAL snow and ice too.

But...who'd want that. When, for twice the money, you could have THIS. :clap2:
12.jpg

Last edited:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
thought the blokes name was henry mears , dont think it was anything to do with our victor.

Yes it was Henry Mears, but I see that the Lapland New Forest company is a Brighton based company.

They must have seen Withdean and thought well thousands pay £25 to visit that shit place and don't ask for their money back.

As a footnote if you are thinking of going to real Lapland don't think about doing it until your kids are at least 5 or 6. It is cold and I mean like minus 43 degrees cold. The small kids that were there were screaming in agony because they didn't really understand and kept taking their hats and gloves off.

Don't they club youngsters to a bloody pulp in front of their mothers up there, then skin them (occasionally still alive)?

Or am I thinking about some other part of our wonderful world?

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
I was saddened / amused by the apparent lack of any powers by Trading Standards - who's spokesman hid behind some "nothing we can do mate" appraoach. Well, if they can do nothing then wtf are they there for?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes it was Henry Mears, but I see that the Lapland New Forest company is a Brighton based company.

maybe same Brighton Mears family that dominates fruit/veg at Open Market, supply local restaurants, etc - not a family to be messed with!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
i work for the company who done there vat return and they spent shit loads of money on that.
30k on the snow which i thought was a bit to much
I can't see anything like £30k worth of fake snow from the photo's (or £30k worth of anything come to that).

Are you sure some-one hasn't accidently put the decimal point in the wrong place on the VAT returns?

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That's cheap!! The one in Bedgebury, near Bewl Water in Kent is £75/£85 per person. Thats £340 for a family of 4 for 4 hours "entertainment!

http://www.laplanduk.co.uk/

:eek:

If people are willing to part with their hard earned money that easily is it any wonder that we are being screwed by the credit crunch...ffs!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can't see anything like £30k worth of fake snow from the photo's (or £30k worth of anything come to that).

Are you sure some-one hasn't accidently put the decimal point in the wrong place on the VAT returns?

I think that you may have mis-understood..... I think the company spent 30 K on "Snow".. AKA The Devils Dandruff..... that would explain the tackiness of the site while the bosses are on cloud 9

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
maybe same Brighton Mears family that dominates fruit/veg at Open Market, supply local restaurants, etc - not a family to be messed with!!

I have just found this on another message board, it seems like some people are determined to locate them.

Lapland New Forest - Page 4 - Netmums Coffeehouse

Today, 20:32
Melody S(8)
Hi, I'm New

Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheala R
The person who registered the internet domain is:

Domain name:
laplandnewforest.co.uk

Registrant:
Alex Green

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Coombe Road
Brighton
BN2 4EA
GB

A quick search at Companies House gives this:

LAPLAND NEW FOREST LIMITED
UNIT 1, WILD PARK HOUSE,
HOME FARM ROAD
BRIGHTON
EAST SUSSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
BN1 9HT
Company No. 06671308

It may be of little help but it does suggest that the organisers of this offensive scam are from Brighton, giving credence to an earlier posting.

Hi Michaela,

Are there any other names attached to the company?

Melody.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
WTF is netmums? Is there really a forum specifically for bored women who have too much time on their hands. One of them is trying to organise a bloody protest, why isn't she tidying up the house or doing the washing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here