Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Forest Lapland experience disappointing

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Looks like there might be some people popping round to Coombe Road!

From the thread on MSexpert:

My grandchildren (Ten of us in total) are due for a visit to this "Attraction", next weekend and are now very dubious about traveling two and a half hours to this abysmal con. My wife paid for this by cheque as it all looked a bit dubious in the original literature. Trying to book tickets was a nightmare and my wife was very concerned about giving them credit card details over the internet, so we decided to deliver the cheque to the address on the leaflet. It was at 11A Coombe Road, Brighton; only a half hour drive from where we live. (The full address is on the Echo news section on mumsnet?) We were greeted by a stunned looking young lady who seemed very uncomfortable with the fact that we had turned up at her home to pay for the tickets. She seemed bewildered that we had actually got their address and delivered the cheque by hand. We were concerned at her reaction, but relieved when our tickets arrived about ten days after.
My wife is convinced that she was the "Receptionist" she spoke to when booking the tickets. They were so well organized that they sent us another set of tickets in the post, which we returned to them.
I must say that to me it all looked very dodgy from the start, a fantastic looking venue, organized from a private house in Brighton, with a receptionist who would have preferred us not to have darkened her doorstep. She said that they weren't expecting house callers. We thought there would be many people visiting them to make payment. As we paid by cheque, it's very doubtful if my wife will ever see her money returned.
The big question is whether this "Attraction" is still in business, and should we decide to waste valuable money on fuel by visiting it, is it likely to have been shut down by Trading Standards when we get there.
Anyone fancy getting up a few busloads of disgruntled visitors to pop round to Coombe Road?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just to let everyone know I have just set up Lapland OK in my garden, tickets are a bargain twenty quid (Chavs get a 2.5% discount), free mince pie and me dressed as Santa with my shed as a grotty grotto. I will be using polystyrine as snow and dressing my son's two bunnies up as reindeer, I have invited Meridian and BBC South to the launch, so maybe if you come you might be able to go on T.V and tell everyone how crap it is. I reckon this time next year I will be a millionaire. Stag and Hen parties welcome ( there will be an illegal bar in the greenhouse)

Special events include

Full contact elf fighting

Headbutt Santa

Spot the Chav

If you are not 100% satisfied with your Lapland OK experience you can claim a refund from you-r-a-mug.co.uk

Shouldn't you re-name it Lamp-Land ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Now closed:

A Lapland-style theme park criticised by visitors as "hell" and a "scam" has closed down, it is understood.
Lapland New Forest opened on Friday on the Hampshire-Dorset border but was criticised by hundreds of visitors.
It is not clear who is behind the closure as trading standards had said it did not have the power to shut it.
Dorset Police said officers at the scene were told the site had been closed permanently and that contractors were packing up and leaving.
A big sign outside the park says "Lapland New Forest closed - for more information contact the website".

BBC

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
If you put Henry Mears into Google this thread comes up on page 2!!

The power of NSC - provides all the content for local media shows and now helps Google bulk up it's content.

It's now on p.1 of Google, and 4th on the list, Andy. Did one of the Mears not attend our alma mater, or am I getting them mixed up with the Heals?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It's now on p.1 of Google, and 4th on the list, Andy. Did one of the Mears not attend our alma mater, or am I getting them mixed up with the Heals?

Perhaps it's because we keep mentioning Henry Mears..damn see I've gone and done it again.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Official Announcement: 4th December 2008

With my deepest regret and sincerest apology I am left with no option but to announce that I am forced to close the children's entertainment theme park "Lapland New Forest" for 2008 due ( I believe at the time of publishing ) to:
Intentional organised crowd manipulation and event sabotage during and since our first trading weekend.

The unscrupulous and inaccurate negative bias media broadcasts of both local and national press and television companies that contributed significantly to fuelling widespread public concern, frenzy and distraction since the 1st December 2008.

What I believe to be a wholly illegal action by the credit merchant company called "Streamline" of seizing /withdrawing all funds without notice from the Lapland New Forest Ltd bank account leaving us completely unable to trade.
For all people wishing to claim financial reimbursement I can only advise ( at the time of writing ) that you return to our website for further information on this important matter.

Both I and all of the Lapland New Forest Team have had every intention of both continuing and continuing to enhance our children's event ... we have all put many months of hard planning, endeavour and finance into the Christmas theme park ... our wonderful venture and advertising campaign proved to be highly popular and many of our visitors did have a great day with us!

We are all deeply upset at the outrageous lies, slander, accusations, violent threats and lack of official support we have endured and I have every intention of pursuing all matters to the full extent of the law.

From myself and every member of the Lapland New Forest Team to ALL of our valued customers and incredible team players that contributed so much to our honourable enterprise - we look forward to reaching a clear and satisfactory conclusion as soon as is possble.

Victor Mears
Director of Lapland New Forest Ltd.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Plus this bit

Important Notice: We very much looked forward to displaying an official statement from Dorest Trading Standards on our website. Unfortunately an official statement was only approved for press release and our request to publish information on this web page was declined. Therefore, we can only advise that any reader who wishes to know the accurate report from Dorset Trading Standards contacts them directly or via Consumer Direct.

Addtionally, those who felt the need to contact the RSPCA for whatever reason - please contact them directly for their official report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Notice: We have been having severe and very unusual technical problems with our server computer since Monday 1st December ... not with the website itself, but the machine we lease to host the website. All effort has/is being made to identify and correct this issue, but it has left us completely unable to communicate directly to all our customers and the many interested people who may have wished to view the website and receive clear truthful information. This bizarre machine fault has also suspended all online ticket booking and we can only thank you for your understanding during this extremely difficult time and apologise to you for any concern this 'silent' situation may have created.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Notice: We have every intent on contacting our all of our customers directly, but we must wait until we have as much evidence as is possible to accurately inform you of what really did/did not happen at our hugely popular children's event. Please be patient for this communication and remain open-minded

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
About 5 years we took the kids to Lapland for the day on Christmas Eve. It cost about £1,200 for all four of us, which is an awful lot of money but it was magical
and worth every penny. It is an experience my kids will never forget and to be honest neither will I, it was unbelievable.

Isn't it permanently dark at this time of year too? How does that work in terms of a visit?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
lightbulb.jpg

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Lapland UK is registeed to the same address and has the same company secetary as a company run by an NSC poster, who has been awol from here for a couple of weeks!!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Address posted on Moneysavingexpert is

The Phone no for Lapland new forest is 01273 885811
Adress is 11A Coobe Rd
Brighton
E Sussex
BN2 4EB

only a few doors up from me!! just walked past there and nothing much happening

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The wide-boys' problems are probably now just starting. Says on Ceefax they've not been paying the contractors or suppliers. Which doubtless means they've not been planning on paying the taxman or the VATman either. And it'll be a bit of a seasonal jolly for the Sunday papers to do a bit of digging into the guys behind the scam, and who knows what THAT will turn up? Suddenly they don't look like particularly Clevor Trevors :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here