Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Falmer Pictures in the programme

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
When do the bulldozers actually move in? I think that's what everyone really wants to know!

I believe the club were expecting Brighton University to start dismantelling their buildings currently on the development site last week. These all need to be cleared before anything else can start.

If this has indeed happened then, technically, work (albeit loosley connected) has begun.

Maybe someone who passes the site can see if any thing is happening?

PCBEARDMLORD

Isn't it ?
Jan 30, 2008
Patcham
Just been up there, there are two blokes in yellow jackets with tape measures on the site. They are more of them parked in the entrance to Falmer Village... Maybe it's starting ?

I believe the club were expecting Brighton University to start dismantelling their buildings currently on the development site last week. These all need to be cleared before anything else can start.

If this has indeed happened then, technically, work (albeit loosley connected) has begun.

Maybe someone who passes the site can see if any thing is happening?
The University buildings are still there. The field has been neatly ploughed, apparently in readiness for one more season of agriculture. I understand that some construction work is shortly due to start on the University site.

All is on course for stadium construction to start in the autumn.

The club have yet to appoint a contractor to build the stadium. But the process of identifying the contractor continues to progress nicely. As reported on the Club website in November.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I actually think the idea of a web cam is worth pursuing. Even if not now, then maybe when work actually starts.

I'll post a note to Insider

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I am not happy at the moment.

for the past 10 yrs I have driven past the site of the stadium looking forward to watching it rise from the field.

Now I have been made redundant from my job in Brighton, and will be working in East Grinstead. So will have to rely on the webcam, and regular NSC updates to see the progress.

:rant:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I think the webcam is an excellent idea, could be streamed on the club site or maybe even NSC somehow? Would be wonderful for overseagulls like me

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I wonder if the club will be able to use the inside of teletubbie hill when it is not being used by Brighton City College? it would make a great pre match bar!

The three tier main stand rocks. We will be up there with the Cheski's and Man Utds of the football ground world.

Plenty of room for expansion as well behind the goals and in the corners. Hopefully the corners will be filled in a bit to make the stands behind the goals a little less isolated. prehaps they would be a better place to put the Big TV screens?

I wonder if the club will be able to use the inside of teletubbie hill when it is not being used by Brighton City College? it would make a great pre match bar!

The three tier main stand rocks. We will be up there with the Cheski's and Man Utds of the football ground world.

Plenty of room for expansion as well behind the goals and in the corners. Hopefully the corners will be filled in a bit to make the stands behind the goals a little less isolated. prehaps they would be a better place to put the Big TV screens?

Go back and read the permission - no expansion.........

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Go back and read the permission - no expansion.........

But does that mean making the stands bigger, or filling in the gaps already there with seats?

I quote from the leter of approval

Annex A

Paragraph 43 No event shall take place at the Community Stadium with an attendance in excess of 22,500 people.

Last edited:

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
I quote from the leter of approval

Annex A

Paragraph 43 No event shall take place at the Community Stadium with an attendance in exccess of 22,500 people.

Is that a direct cut and paste? I wonder if the mispelling of 'exccess' is enough to void that part of the annex. :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here