Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Falmer Pictures in the programme

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm nearly fainted seeing those pictures, if that is a two tier stand on the main stand. Then I'm going to shit my pants on Tuesday 26th February!

I hope I'm not sitting next to you on the 26th then when you realise that one of the stands has three tiers (ok the middle tier looks rather small, but its still a tier) and the other side appears to have 2.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Two words..

With dean.

Yes acoustic makes a hell of a difference a low roof holds in the noise and therefore people are more likely to keep singing.
I would like our 22500 attendance to sound like 60000 and if we are allowed to constructed Falmer like that we could be playing with an extra player at home for life , but we only get one shot at it to do it right if it ends up sounding like some of the other soul less new grounds i think we would have missed a great opportunity.

when are we going to get 22k?

have you been to withdean recently?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
when are we going to get 22k?

have you been to withdean recently?
The opening match at Falmer will be a sell out if it is a friendly against Chelsea or Arsenal as all the Londoners who now live in Brighton will be scrambling for tickets.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
The corners are gay

This outfit never could do corners....

With the greatest respect I think the corners are great.

Why do we want to have a identikit-legoland stadium like every other club. I'm glad that the plans are a little bit different from the leicester, derby, Southampton bowl stadium.

It's gives it some character by not conforming to the stereotype.

I'm excited by the three tier main stand, I hope this is going to happen. But on the downside might the middle tier be for executive box types to come out and sample the match atmosphere before disappearing inside at HT / FT.

The main thing, that has already been pointed out is that we must have a low roof so that any atmosphere is not lost. In an ideal world the away fans would be housed in a third of the bottom tier of the main stand. Thereby keeping them as far away as possible from a roof and an atmosphere?

Thoughts?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
With the greatest respect I think the corners are great.

Why do we want to have a identikit-legoland stadium like every other club. I'm glad that the plans are a little bit different from the leicester, derby, Southampton bowl stadium.

It's gives it some character by not conforming to the stereotype.

I'm excited by the three tier main stand, I hope this is going to happen. But on the downside might the middle tier be for executive box types to come out and sample the match atmosphere before disappearing inside at HT / FT.

The main thing, that has already been pointed out is that we must have a low roof so that any atmosphere is not lost. In an ideal world the away fans would be housed in a third of the bottom tier of the main stand. Thereby keeping them as far away as possible from a roof and an atmosphere?

Thoughts?

Bang on my man !

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
But surly if theyre not singing it wont engrouage a great atmosphere... Id rather a stadium FULL of noise from them and us repling etc etc than a soleless bowl. Oh and add to your list of sameold stadiums, MkDons, Doncaster, Darlington Swansea... anymore ive missed?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Copied Programme Photo?

Looks like other people have been on here trawling through the photos :cool: (the photo is at the bottom of the thread).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm excited - it's my desktop image! And will be until I can get a better version of the image - hint to BHA - desktop image downloads please.

Attachments

• DSC00340.JPG
    DSC00340.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 225

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
One major point raised and answered at the very end by Knight is that the STADIUM is EXPANDABLE if necessary...

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Looks like the main stand is going to have THREE TIERS for sure. The plans tonight clearly show a lower tier, directors tier (probably including hospitality), and an upper tier (which is huge at the halfway line and tapers down towards the corners). Class!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here