Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Falmer Pictures in the programme

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Harry Richard Knight"??

Now if you'd been named Harry by your parents, why on earth would you insist on being called Dick??

I think we should call Grand Designs in to supervise this project and get Kevin McCloud on the case.

Granted, every project he's ever filmed has run over time and over budget (hey, who really believes the Albion will finish on time and within the cost estimate?) but (1) we'll get a nice documentary to watch at the end of it all, and (2) rather than one of these crappy concrete bowls, we'll wind up with the stadium beautifully clad in cedar wood panels, with a Welsh slate finish and a grass roof, all landscaped to evolve organically into the natural environment with an English wild meadow to one side and a shingle and seagrass contemplation area to the other

:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oooh, Dick Knight lives near where I work. I practically drive by his house every day.
(wisely edited now I see)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
and the decent case would be that it would be outside the permission granted by the Secretary of State and thus in direct contravention of the letter.

I find it amazing that people don't understand the basics of planning law.

When your house was built it had planning permission. If you want to build an extension, you make a planning application for the further works. The fact that the original planning permission doesn't include for extending in the future is totally irrelevant. It's a completely seperate decision.

Any plans to expand in the future will be a simple planning decision, just like the one we've already got. Oh. OK. I see your point now! Actually, though, I think that future expansion is purely dependant on us fans making sure that the access to the site works and that we don't start parking all down the A27 and in surrounding fields. If we can all get to and from the stadium for a capacity event without causing chaos to the entire area, then there'll be very little legitimate objection that could be put up against it.

D

Deleted member 2719

Two words...

FRATTON PARK.

acoustics mean nothing mate, sing your heart out and it'll be loud.

Two words..

With dean.

Yes acoustic makes a hell of a difference a low roof holds in the noise and therefore people are more likely to keep singing.
I would like our 22500 attendance to sound like 60000 and if we are allowed to constructed Falmer like that we could be playing with an extra player at home for life , but we only get one shot at it to do it right if it ends up sounding like some of the other soul less new grounds i think we would have missed a great opportunity.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Yes acoustic makes a hell of a difference a low roof holds in the noise and therefore people are more likely to keep singing.
I would like our 22500 attendance to sound like 60000 and if we are allowed to constructed Falmer like that we could be playing with an extra player at home for life , but we only get one shot at it to do it right if it ends up sounding like some of the other soul less new grounds i think we would have missed a great opportunity.

Well said, couldn't agree more and hope this comes up at the Falmer Forum

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We could also ensure that the roof over the away fans is constructed to deaden sound, thus giving us an unfair advantage....well, if it is our stadium then what is wrong with that?

D

Deleted member 2719

We could also ensure that the roof over the away fans is constructed to deaden sound, thus giving us an unfair advantage....well, if it is our stadium then what is wrong with that?

Great idea, we could have tar above them and cover them in it and then drop white feather in and chant seagullssssssss, every time they sung.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Two words..

With dean.

The accoustics need to be perfect. I remember going to an away match at Blackpool in the 1970's and we were put into a stand, which had been partitioned, behind the goal, although there was only about 500 of us it sounded like 4000. :albion2:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The corners are gay

This outfit never could do corners....

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The corners need sorting out, but the rest of the stadium looks top dollar. Hopefully DK can let us know what is planned for the corners on the 26th. I'm sue they must have one or two ideas on the drawing board.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here