Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I like the PREGNANT seagull, keep that!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
At least it wont been drawn by Dick Knights grand-kids this time.

Yep there was, and no doubt what he comes up with will be an absolute mile better than the abomination their focus group came up with.

OK, so you've vented your opinion on this, not the consensus of everyone, but I dare say you'll both be happy if what I saw is indeed the new badge. BTW, IMHO it is better than those ones some guy did on that thread, not so much of a throwback to the old, perhaps more of a homage.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
OK, so you've vented your opinion on this, not the consensus of everyone, but I dare say you'll both be happy if what I saw is indeed the new badge. BTW, IMHO it is better than those ones some guy did on that thread, not so much of a throwback to the old, perhaps more of a homage.

show a bit of respect mate, he put a lot of effort into them and they were very popular with folk on here.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
show a bit of respect mate, he put a lot of effort into them and they were very popular with folk on here.

I agree, but the ones that were on here were a step back to the past as opposed to a new future. I still liked it, but then I like the current one.

Personally, I hope they don't change the kit too much. I absolutely adore this years kit. Best in many, many years.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
for some reason I dont like the gold/yellow.......feels too much like Chelsea to me...........much prefer it if it was black instead of gold

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Lets be honest, as long as its good, the seagull doesn't look like an eagle and it has some tradition behind it, 90% of fans will like it. Besides, the club already got THE major decision right by getting Harvey's on tap.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Do you actually know what the role of a focus group is?

Yes I do, I was being melodramatic, HOWEVER, I suspect that the focus group would have basically been a load of DK's lickers, and highly unrepresentative of the majority of the fan base, and I have seen absolutely no other consultation so you have to assume that the focus group would have had a sizeable impact on the end result.

As for the actual design itself, I don't want a round badge, and I really don't want some burly looking Seagull, I want something modern, maybe ever just an update of the current badge design rather than a complete redesign, but I can't help thinking that it'll be a throwback to the past more than anything.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't reckon we will as we'll probably be changing sponsor. The only reason we could last season was the continuation with IT first.

Very true mate BUT we did it at the Play off final....NOBO on the shirt for one game only but the next season it was TSB!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yes I do, I was being melodramatic, HOWEVER, I suspect that the focus group would have basically been a load of DK's lickers, and highly unrepresentative of the majority of the fan base, and I have seen absolutely no other consultation so you have to assume that the focus group would have had a sizeable impact on the end result.

Not quite true. Yes some on the group could be labelled DK lickers BUT I know of a couple of STHs who went who could never be classed as DK Lickers (no connection woith the club at all other than they had a ST) there were random selections within that group(s).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've seen the new badge, with my own eyes, no friend of friend, or anything like that. I believe it to have been the real thing, although in my line of busuness occasionally these things are shown as a decoy whilst tendering goes on, prior to the real thing being unveiled at a later date. For what it's worth, IMO what I saw is a little underwhelming, but it will satisfy some. It is quite simple, 2 colours, and only 4 words appear on it, three to the top of the badge, and one to the bottom.
Sounds good, you only need two colours and four words. Round crest. Seagull. Job done.

Yep there was, and no doubt what he comes up with will be an absolute mile better than the abomination their focus group came up with.

As someone who attended the focus group ... I can confirm that the discussion was entirely about designs produced by professional designers. The group itself came up with nothing - apart from opinions about various design elements that were put in front of us.

And Dick Knight wasn't involved at all. Tony Bloom was running the show.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lets be honest, as long as its good, the seagull doesn't look like an eagle and it has some tradition behind it, 90% of fans will like it. Besides, the club already got THE major decision right by getting Harvey's on tap.

This is true.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This!
Very true mate BUT we did it at the Play off final....NOBO on the shirt for one game only but the next season it was TSB!
Showing your age there Marcus!

Sep 1, 2010
I was in (horrified) anticipation of it being similar to the Amex stadium logo shape wise with a seagull in the middle of it.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
So...here's another question then....if the club take possession of the stadium in May, when the handover is due, at what point do they start using it in terms of the offices and shop then?

Would the shop in Queens Road remain operational until the start of the next season, or do they begin selling from the new sh...er....MEGAstore before that?

Commercial are moving in, in June.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm uncomfortable about the seagull changing direction for two reasons;

1) in heraldry, individual animals normally face to the right so they can be seen as facing battle. Facing left is perceived as fleeing battle so it shows a lack of awareness to make the change that has been suggested

2) I have a tattoo with the seagull facing to the right :lolol:

In reality, we have a fantastic stadium, a good team, proper beer available, decent priced tickets. Things like kit designs and badges are transitionary so whilst I have opinions, I wont get too worked up about it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports