Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Club Badge

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Cheers - all the work was a big effort to try and influence the club to replace the amateurish badge we've had since the Gillingham days. It worked. A few months ago Paul Camillin showed me the designs that the club have been developing for a new badge and they were very similar to mine. Paul was first class - a really decent bloke.

Whilst I believe my designs are far stronger than KSS's work, they had been given the contract to build the stadium and to rebrand the club, so there was not a lot more I could do. For the record Superphil, I'm a professional brand identity designer with twelve years experience.

Hopefully when the final design is revealed we'll all be pleased.

Many thanks for all the support from NSC on this... it's been really really appreciated and has made all the difference.

Does the Seagull fly in a different direction?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Some good points in Mayfair's post but it seems a bit odd that Superphil is criticised for saying that he preferred the club's design but Mayfair Seagull is allowed to say the present shield is amateurish and imply that KSS only got the job of replacing it because they've got a contract to do other work for the club. From the descriptions people have given I think I might take the view that the new badge is better than MS's offerings but of course that is just a personal opinion and not meant to be disrespectful at all. I liked what he did and admire his self-confident claims for his work.
I do however think that it is presuming a bit much for him to claim that his design persuaded the club to replace the shield. The club surely intended to do that anyway.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Arsenal's problem was that they'd never copyrighted the Cannon so needed to swap it round to make it different enough to claim it as their new brand.

I think this may have been the case with our badge too.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Lincoln Imp makes some very good, fair and well presented points. That is all.

I look forward to seeing the new design.

Oct 11, 2005
London
"Mayfair Seagull is allowed to say the present shield is amateurish and imply that KSS only got the job of replacing it because they've got a contract to do other work for the club."

Did I imply that KSS only got the rebranding contract because they had a contract to do other work?? or did I merely state that "they had been given the contract to build the stadium and to rebrand the club"!?!

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
I'm really looking forward to the new crest, the current one doesn't look very good in my opinion. Does anyone know when it will be unveiled? Or is it just 'sometime after the new year'? Cheers.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I'm really looking forward to the new crest, the current one doesn't look very good in my opinion. Does anyone know when it will be unveiled? Or is it just 'sometime after the new year'? Cheers.

Its good enough for your profile pic...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Cheers - all the work was a big effort to try and influence the club to replace the amateurish badge we've had since the Gillingham days. It worked. A few months ago Paul Camillin showed me the designs that the club have been developing for a new badge and they were very similar to mine. Paul was first class - a really decent bloke.

Whilst I believe my designs are far stronger than KSS's work, they had been given the contract to build the stadium and to rebrand the club, so there was not a lot more I could do. For the record Superphil, I'm a professional brand identity designer with twelve years experience.

Hopefully when the final design is revealed we'll all be pleased.

Many thanks for all the support from NSC on this... it's been really really appreciated and has made all the difference.

So when you say 'similar to mine', I guess you mean 'similar to the 1977 badge'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Some good points in Mayfair's post but it seems a bit odd that Superphil is criticised for saying that he preferred the club's design but Mayfair Seagull is allowed to say the present shield is amateurish and imply that KSS only got the job of replacing it because they've got a contract to do other work for the club. From the descriptions people have given I think I might take the view that the new badge is better than MS's offerings but of course that is just a personal opinion and not meant to be disrespectful at all. I liked what he did and admire his self-confident claims for his work.
I do however think that it is presuming a bit much for him to claim that his design persuaded the club to replace the shield. The club surely intended to do that anyway.

This.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
meh

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I know it doesn’t mean much now it has been designed but I would have loved something simple like the wolves badge but obviously with a seagull facing forward looking like it’s about to peck someone’s eyes out, seagulls are after all tenacious and menacing not fat and friendly like our current one.

Either way it can't be any worse than our current one.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I know it doesn’t mean much now it has been designed but I would have loved something simple like the wolves badge but obviously with a seagull facing forward looking like it’s about to peck someone’s eyes out, seagulls are after all tenacious and menacing not fat and friendly like our current one.

Either way it can't be any worse than our current one.

Whilst I agree, I think you slightly miss the point of why the Wolves badge is so good. 'Wolves' is a brand. Nobody around here calls the club 'the Wanderers', 'Wolverhampton', or anything else. The club are simply known as 'the Wolves'. That, for me, is why the badge is so simple - it is the entire clubs brand summed up in one image.

Unfortuantely, I don't thing our branding is strong enough to get away with such a design, which is a shame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here