Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
B. &. H.
A. F. C.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
New shirts and a new badge next season. I really hope they go with a classic shirt and stripes on the back and a round badge.

It can't be too long until the announcement and display of our new emblem. Presumably they are going to have to put some up on the stadium soonish.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This is a bit of a timely bounce, Mr BoF. Do you know something that us mere mortals don't?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
This is a bit of a timely bounce, Mr BoF. Do you know something that us mere mortals don't?

Certainly not! I just noticed that there was a question answered with regards to the red & black shirts. I had no idea we were supposed to be getting new shirts next season, I don't keep abreast with that sort of thing. I was thinking along the lines of another commercial push soon with the new era not too far away.

I would imagine that the release of details must be made soon. Certainly with badge paraphernalia linked to the stadium.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Certainly not! I just noticed that there was a question answered with regards to the red & black shirts. I had no idea we were supposed to be getting new shirts next season, I don't keep abreast with that sort of thing. I was thinking along the lines of another commercial push soon with the new era not too far away.

I would imagine that the release of details must be made soon. Certainly with badge paraphernalia linked to the stadium.

Well the Red and Black have been going for a couple of seasons now so its due a change (about time - like the colours HATE the "S")

The home shirt was a last season at Withers celebration job (with the little trophies at the bottom of it)

So from that point of view the club have been up front, and who wouldnt have expected a new shirt for the new stadium. More money as people will buy home AND away. And with the pink one as well that could be THREE.

Also some focus groups have been going on (albeit three or four months ago) re the new badge. Like the poster above says I think its definitely round FACT and the seagull flying at a different angle (maybe).

With regards to stripes on the back - would love that. Didnt someone actually find out that it was BULLSHIT that the whole of the back of shirts had to be plain? As long as the bit where the number was so you could see them.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Didnt someone actually find out that it was BULLSHIT that the whole of the back of shirts had to be plain? As long as the bit where the number was so you could see them.

You speak the (semi) truth, as I understand things. As of a couple of seasons ago there was no specific rule that clubs must have a clear back-of-shirt. However, there was football league guidance that clubs avoid stripes or patterns as they could potentially make the number difficult to read. It was up to the clubs whether they wanted to follow the guidance.

That was how it was explianed to me.

Anyways, thanks for the other info on the new crest - I hadn't heard any of that before.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You speak the (semi) truth, as I understand things. As of a couple of seasons ago there was no specific rule that clubs must have a clear back-of-shirt. However, there was football league guidance that clubs avoid stripes or patterns as they could potentially make the number difficult to read. It was up to the clubs whether they wanted to follow the guidance.

That was how it was explianed to me.

Anyways, thanks for the other info on the new crest - I hadn't heard any of that before.

Thank you! Thats what I meant. I believe the club (insider no less) saying it HAS to be and people were saying nope its just a guidance actually...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have £40 in Club Shop vouchers. They expire on 31st May 2011.

Anyone got any idea if we might be seeing one or both of the new shirts on sale by then? Even educated guesses based on previous years would be appreciated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here