Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I watched 'Help' today ... Stephen Graham excellent but Jodie Cromer ... wow!! What an amazingly talented actress she is.

It's a hard watch but everything about it was real and believable.

If you haven't seen it, it's leaving Netflix end of the month apparently.

Help is absolutely fantastic. One of the best of the last few years.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
I absolutely love Top Boy and have been waiting for this final season. Watched the first 3 episodes last night and have to say that the wife and I have found it very disappointing so far.
I watched all 6 epsiodes back to back last Friday from 8am. Yes im a massive Top Boy fan. Thoroughly disappointed in the whole series and all people I have spoken too feel the same.

Such a shame to end the series like that.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bad Sport.

Watched the first two episodes which were really great. First one about college basketball point shaving. Second one about a cannabis smuggler who used it to fund his addiction to motorsport which he was bloody good at.

The third episode is about football and the Italian referee/Juve scandal. Boring as f***. Tried twice to get through it. Just lots of shots of stereotypical Italians smoking fags.

Might do the last couple of episodes but not sure.
Did watch the last two and they were also good. One about figure skating and how the Russians rigged the vote of the olympic pairs. The last one was about a horse hitman who was paid to kill equestrian horses that weren't that good but had high insurance value.

Really enjoyable series apart from the football episode.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I watched all 6 epsiodes back to back last Friday from 8am. Yes im a massive Top Boy fan. Thoroughly disappointed in the whole series and all people I have spoken too feel the same.

It was a very lazy end to a good show. This one seemed a low budget affair did Drake withdraw funding this time? The best one was with rapper Dave from Streatham he played that part so well the field gang used to be a tough rival now it was a bunch of kids who shit themselves when Sully popped round.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Blimey! Well thought out ending? I thought it was a big let down after a pretty gritty good if generic revenge movie.
Thought it was a shite ending.

In lighter fayre, It’s Always Sunny is back for a new season.

After Curb, it’s probably my favourite U.S comedy.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Oh bollocks, I only came on this thread to see if the third series was worth watching. :(

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Blimey! Well thought out ending? I thought it was a big let down after a pretty gritty good if generic revenge movie.
Really Micky?

(Spoiler alert) the Satan pact, and the blacked out eyes in the flashback, genius writing.

Neil Maskell is a superb, yet grossly underrated, actor, and the excellent David Hayman was the perfect anti hero.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
It was a very lazy end to a good show. This one seemed a low budget affair did Drake withdraw funding this time? The best one was with rapper Dave from Streatham he played that part so well the field gang used to be a tough rival now it was a bunch of kids who shit themselves when Sully popped round.
I did read prior to the series release Kane (Sully) had been arguing with the script writers.
Oh bollocks, I only came on this thread to see if the third series was worth watching. :(
Please watch it and dont let me put you off but come back and tell me what you think of it . You do also realise that was series 5 not 3 (in numbers terms). There were 2 series to start with(Summer House 1/2).

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Really Micky?

(Spoiler alert) the Satan pact, and the blacked out eyes in the flashback, genius writing.

Neil Maskell is a superb, yet grossly underrated, actor, and the excellent David Hayman was the perfect anti hero.
Would totally agree about Neil Maskell. Loved him in The Football Factory particularly the scene with the snooty parents of his girlfriend. His other turn was in Kill List which is not so well known.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I did read prior to the series release Kane (Sully) had been arguing with the script writers.

Please watch it and dont let me put you off but come back and tell me what you think of it . You do also realise that was series 5 not 3 (in numbers terms). There were 2 series to start with(Summer House 1/2).
Yes, the first two were on C4. 👍

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Off topic….but relevant to the thread starter….havnt seen him post for what a month? Most unusual, anyone know if he’s ok…..or just taking a sabbatical?

Last edited:

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Would totally agree about Neil Maskell. Loved him in The Football Factory particularly the scene with the snooty parents of his girlfriend. His other turn was in Kill List which is not so well known.
'Winkle' in King Gary and Stuart Atterton in Hijack another two great characters....

Wonder if he's done any roles other than East End looneys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here