Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Painkiller. It was good but not as good as Dopestick which really covered the same ground about the Oxycontin addiction crisis in the States. The fact that the Sackler family was never arrested and put behind bars is unbelievable. But the FDA and the medical profession didn't exactly cover themselves with glory

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Painkiller. It was good but not as good as Dopestick which really covered the same ground about the Oxycontin addiction crisis in the States. The fact that the Sackler family was never arrested and put behind bars is unbelievable. But the FDA and the medical profession didn't exactly cover themselves with glory
Really enjoying this, but it is just scrathcing the surface. I can't recommend Empire of Pain (the book) highly enough' This is a fascinating story starting right back in the early 1900s with immigrants in New York. One of the best books I've read (audiobook in this case).

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I am loving LOVE.

US comedy by judd apatow. Very funny, slightly wry. Engaging cast. Odd couple sit com Recommended.

In a similar style, FLAKED is very enjoyable. Will Arnett (of Bojack fame) stars. Recovering alcoholic trying not to be a shit.

Both very bingable.
I'm hugely enjoying Love (don't get mixed up with the film on Netflix of the same name). It's rude - don't watch with teenagers in the room.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Last Night in Soho. Though good to watch is stretching it a bit. Edgar Wright has made some excellent films, this isn't one of them. A supporting cast who could be out of Heartbeat or a random US high school film, far too many dramatic flourishes and dreadful accents. At the heart there is probably a decent low budget horror. How you can spend £40m on this is impressive

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bad Sport.

Watched the first two episodes which were really great. First one about collage basketball point shaving. Second one about a cannabis smuggler who used it to fund his addiction to motorsport which he was bloody good at.

The third episode is about football and the Italian referee/Juve scandal. Boring as f***. Tried twice to get through it. Just lots of shots of stereotypical Italians smoking fags.

Might do the last couple of episodes but not sure.

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
Went onto Netflix for the first time in quite a while yesterday and was delighted to find Top Boy Season 3. Loved this programme and looking forward to binging my way through it. Anyone who liked The Wire and Breaking Bad will probably like this too.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Went onto Netflix for the first time in quite a while yesterday and was delighted to find Top Boy Season 3. Loved this programme and looking forward to binging my way through it. Anyone who liked The Wire and Breaking Bad will probably like this too.
I absolutely love Top Boy and have been waiting for this final season. Watched the first 3 episodes last night and have to say that the wife and I have found it very disappointing so far.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I absolutely love Top Boy and have been waiting for this final season. Watched the first 3 episodes last night and have to say that the wife and I have found it very disappointing so far.

Just watched episode 1 last night and enjoyed it.

Has anyone mentioned Beef yet? American comedy drama. Well worth a watch.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Just watched episode 1 last night and enjoyed it.

Has anyone mentioned Beef yet? American comedy drama. Well worth a watch.
I enjoyed Beef, good recommendation.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I watched 'Help' today ... Stephen Graham excellent but Jodie Cromer ... wow!! What an amazingly talented actress she is.

It's a hard watch but everything about it was real and believable.

If you haven't seen it, it's leaving Netflix end of the month apparently.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I think nonsense is a bit harsh and really worth seeing Adam Sandler doing something totally different. However, I would agree that it's exhausting and a little noisy to the extent that my wife gave up after 15 mins.

Same happened in my house. Partner couldn't deal with the shoutiness. It was a bit much tbh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here