[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The Playlist. The story of how Spotify came to be.

Fascinating to see how something that, I'd guess, 95% of us use every week was born.

Edit. Seen a couple now. The way that each episode is a different persons point of view is interesting.
Brilliant series. Very interesting and every episode from a different POV. Excellently put together imo and as you say fascinating considering I use it daily

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Fifa Uncovered. A brilliant deep dive into the corrupt world of Joao Havelange and Sepp Blatter's fifa. From Argentina 78 to Qatar 22, With talking heads of all the major participants.

Grim but compelling.

Last edited:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Watched a couple of things on NF today - All Quiet On The Western Front, and the Fyre documentary. Both excellent but completely different, obvs!

The filming of AQOTWF was quite something, giving a great sense of what it might have been like in the trenches.

As for Fyre, it's worth sticking with to see how things all unravelled, and also how much of a conman Billy McFarland was.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought Manifest looked an intriguing prospect - til I discovered that only Series 4 is available for streaming in the UK. FFS Netflix! :facepalm:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Probably mentioned before and its on Disney but Welcome to Wrexham is very good (having now finished all 18 episodes). It's well produced and not just about the players but the fans, staff and owners as well. Reynolds and McElhenney are surprisingly funny and self deprecating (I thought they would just be annoying). Better Than Sunderland Til I Die in my opinion.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Graham Hancock's "Ancient Apocalypse" 8 part series is available on Netflix today
Hancock makes a compelling case for lost advanced civilisation(s) that date to the end of the Ice Age and somehow built humungous elaborate edifices when accepted wisdom states that humans were simple hunter-gatherers with a hoop and a stick. Well worth a watch IMHO

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I stumbled across 'The Greatest Rock and Roll Failure - John Otway the Movie' now being available. Worth 90 minutes on anyone's time.
Yes, I've just been laughing my way through this. Totally fascinating career, brilliant bloke, absorbing movie.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Brilliant series. Very interesting and every episode from a different POV. Excellently put together imo and as you say fascinating considering I use it daily
My CEO at the time was an advisor to them so I managed to get on the beta program way back when and I'm still a (now paying) member to this day.

Watched it all in one hit on a flight and I agree it is very cleverly done for the first 4 episode which tell the same story through different eyes.

Would certainly recommend giving it a go to anyone but wouldn't go overboard about it. A lot of what I found good I think was due to my however many year relationship I have with the product. If you aren't au fait with Spotify I think you might get bored pretty quickly.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Enjoying The Lincoln Lawyer at the moment. Legal drama based on Michael Connelly's book(s).

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Hancock makes a compelling case for lost advanced civilisation(s) that date to the end of the Ice Age and somehow built humungous elaborate edifices when accepted wisdom states that humans were simple hunter-gatherers with a hoop and a stick. Well worth a watch IMHO
He makes a case by ignoring anything that doesn't conveniently fit his argument. Also there's a massive red flag when Joe Rogan turns up minutes in. Graham Hancock is only a couple of doors up the street from David Icke

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports