Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Really enjoying The Chestnut Man on Netflix, 6 episodes about a Danish serial killer who leaves mysterious Chestnut figurines at the crime scene.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Fifa Uncovered. A brilliant deep dive into the corrupt world of Joao Havelange and Sepp Blatter's fifa. From Argentina 78 to Qatar 22, With talking heads of all the major participants.

Grim but compelling.
Second this. On a similar vibe Kickback on Amazon Prime which is basically the same story but focuses on Andrew Jennings the journalist who dedicated his (sadly) final years to trying to expose Fifa corruption.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've watched the first Wednesday, after a bit of thought I've decided it's a little too 'April Ludgate', which is fine esp if you don't know Ms Ludgate's character.
Dunno if I'll carry on.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I've watched the first Wednesday, after a bit of thought I've decided it's a little too 'April Ludgate', which is fine esp if you don't know Ms Ludgate's character.
Dunno if I'll carry on.

I said to the Mrs the very same thing.

Reminds me a lot of April.

The casting of the Gomez character is not great. The chemistry between Gomez and Morticia is woeful.

Don't mind the show overall though.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
Just finished 1899 and I can confirm officially that it is very good. Good that is if you liked Lost and Dark (which I did). Big reveals at the end of every episode keep you guessing. Great performances from many of the cast who I confess I did not know. Warning, its in at least 6 languages including English so some subtitles are required unless you are fluent in French, Spanish, German, Danish and Cantonese.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Anyone else seen The Cabinet Of Curiosities ? Watched the 1st two episodes and have to say I've enjoyed them. 2nd one made me jump out 9f skin watchiwitn headphones on :down:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Been enjoying The Sandman although one of the episodes is pretty gory.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Pepsi, where's my jet?
Another vote for this, really enjoyable. Stumbled across it this morning and just finished this evening. Only 4 episodes of c40 minutes each… so you don’t need to invest much time but I’ll be surprised if you can watch the first episode and not then need to watch the next three to see how it turns out… real feel good factor and some lovely people. Not a story that I had ever heard before… Enjoy.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Three episodes into Wednesday and really enjoying it.
Its not normally my sort of thing tbh - I never watched the Addams family movies or original series etc, so dont have anything to compare it with which may help.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I second 1899. Gripped from start to finish and really hope that a 2nd season is being lined up. The show is dubbed but it in no way took away from my enjoyment of the series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here