Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Netflix - What's good to watch?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Watched the Dahmer series. I gave up after 4 episodes as it was all a bit samey. However after a couple of week break I gave it another go and rattled the last six episodes off in a couple of days. Very glad I did.

Now going through the Jeffery Dahmer tapes and it shows how good the acting is in the series. The chap playing Jeff gets his mannerisms pretty much spot on.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone seen that documentary ‘7 Yards,’ about the US college Football player paralysed in an on-field collision? Inspirational guy, but I found it somewhat unusual that he and his family ‘recreated’ the day in question and the aftermath themselves, rather than using actors.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Watched the Dahmer series. I gave up after 4 episodes as it was all a bit samey. However after a couple of week break I gave it another go and rattled the last six episodes off in a couple of days. Very glad I did.

Now going through the Jeffery Dahmer tapes and it shows how good the acting is in the series. The chap playing Jeff gets his mannerisms pretty much spot on.
Evan Peters. I love him. In most of the American Horror Stories seasons on Netflix. My best being Freak Show and that's not just because of the woman with 3 tits.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Really enjoyed this but as you suggest you have to ' push through ' the middle episodes a little. Really dark and all the more shocking as you know it's not total fiction. Having watched this and done some web research you really appreciate the nightmare for his victim's families and the complex and damaging relationship with his parents

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Just watched the first episode of ‘The Peripheral’ on Prime.
Pretty decent start for a sci-fi…not usually my kinda genre but keen to watch more.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
The Playlist. The story of how Spotify came to be.

Fascinating to see how something that, I'd guess, 95% of us use every week was born.

Edit. Seen a couple now. The way that each episode is a different persons point of view is interesting.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The version with adverts has arrived. £4.99 a month and not all content will be on it, approx 10% less, compared to the non ad subscription option.

In other cheapo news, an excellent Star Wars making of series has just dropped on Freevee called ‘Icons’ and covering all the films.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The version with adverts has arrived. £4.99 a month and not all content will be on it, approx 10% less, compared to the non ad subscription option.

In other cheapo news, an excellent Star Wars making of series has just dropped on Freevee called ‘Icons’ and covering all the films.
I feel for anyone that can’t afford the extra £3

One of the main reasons I watch on demand is so I don’t have to endure ads. When I watch something with adverts now, which is very rare, they irritate me to the point of anger.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only 2 episodes in, but this is very good so far. Based on a true story.

The Watcher.

Ditto 2 episodes in. Mildly interesting plot-wise but pretty lame in terms of character, suspense etc. Viewers may as well be issued with a pair of 2D glasses to watch the thing. What mostly strikes me about The Watcher is how the main lead guy is a dead ringer for Barack Obama right down to the way he holds his head at an angle. Gotta be shortlisted to play the great man in any forthcoming Netflix mini-series shirley?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It was a very good series. Like you say the police incompetence was off the scale. The black woman who lived in the apartment next to him had continuously called the police telling them something was very wrong but they just ignored her. She even asked them to check on the age of one of his victims who she believed was underage but they just said it was between consenting adults so not her business. Eventually they were suspended during the investigation but the union got them reinstated and they were even given an award later on ! If the police had done their job lives could have been saved
I don't think the woman that lived 'next to him' actually did. A lot of substantial inconsistencies apparently between the drama and the real story which is a shame. Have only seen the first episode so far which seemed brilliantly acted and gut-wrenchingly tense. So much so that I haven't really had the stomach for the rest.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Have you finished it? If so what did you think?

I finished it over the weekend. I struggled with it a little bit at times but thought the ending was really good.

Worth a watch IMO.
Yep - finished it within a few days, really enjoyed it.

How terrifying is Pearl Winslow? 😆

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Watched The Courier last night. Spy film based on the Cold War spying activities of Greville Wynne and Oleg Penkovsky.
Good film, I enjoyed it. Made more interesting for me because I can remember it all happening at the time.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I feel for anyone that can’t afford the extra £3

One of the main reasons I watch on demand is so I don’t have to endure ads. When I watch something with adverts now, which is very rare, they irritate me to the point of anger.
I’m with you. I can’t stand the blasted ads.😡

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The second series of Young Wallander is much better than the first. A good binge watch.

Now just seen The Courier - a cold war spy story based on truth, featuring Benedict Cumberbatch. Great film, well worth watching.
Just seen your post.
Excellent film, thoroughly enjoyed it last night.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Selling sunset !
...is dreadful. The smarm coming from those estate agents makes my retinas greasy.

That said, also a bit dreadful, but quite compelling now I'm into it, is "Who Is The Mole?". A 'team' of 12 Americans completes challenges (in Australia, oddly) to build up a pot of money that one of them will win, but *twist* one of them is actually a 'mole' who is working against the team to lose money. Each episode they are quizzed as to who they think the mole is, and the least correct player is eliminated. They are ALL AWFUL PEOPLE, but it's fun to see the skullduggery and backstabbing...

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Cold Skin,won't be everyone's cup of tea but quite interesting, similar theme to the shape of water with added gore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here