Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's amazing what you can you tube isn't it !

If you check the official matchday thread you will see that I made numerous posts during the game. YouTube is in fact brilliant , just been watching the "You burned down your town" clip again. :flameboun

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I'll wind the nigels up a bit. Seems to me that ALL your best players are leaving you. Fire sale, rats jumping the sinking ship etc. You'd better hope you get someone in soon becuase your squad is starting to look a touch depleted for the coming season.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What on earth are you talking about? If they are confident enough to suggest that they might get him, I'd say it's pretty likely that we will. Obviously they can't just come out and say "we're signing him" until the deal is done. As they are waiting for Leeds to push it through, they can't be that bold.

Ambrose was stated in the press as going for £1m. Please consult:
Birmingham City bag Darren Ambrose Star
Darren Ambrose signs for Birmingham | Mail Online
Birmingham complete signing of Darren Ambrose - ESPN Soccernet

Yet your local press and the BBC say £250,000.

BBC Sport - Birmingham City sign Darren Ambrose from Crystal Palace
SOUTH LONDON PRESS TODAY | SPORT | Palace chief: Judge us at end of transfer window

Yep the total package may be up to £1m, but I assume that will include Birmingham winning the league, games played etc... Might not happen, especially with his injury record.

Hope your board are not spending cash before they get it.... slippery slope that!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Yet your local press and the BBC say £250,000.

BBC Sport - Birmingham City sign Darren Ambrose from Crystal Palace
SOUTH LONDON PRESS TODAY | SPORT | Palace chief: Judge us at end of transfer window

Yep the total package may be up to £1m, but I assume that will include Birmingham winning the league, games played etc... Might not happen, especially with his injury record.

Hope your board are not spending cash before they get it.... slippery slope that!!

The "million pound package" includes his wages over the duration of his contract

I see Clyne is now a Southampton player.................does that automatically elevate them to "top four" status?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Had a quick search for this thread couldnt find it when i posted the sky tweet in the rumours thread, may need my eyes tested. Will be interesting to see how much he has gone for. Saints building up a team.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Not quite. They've been given permission to speak to him, but Newcastle and others are also very keen on him.

Ultimately Clyne will go to whoever gives Palace the most money, but I doubt it'll be Southampton and I doubt it'll be £1.5m

Ooops

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
So one of our youngsters is set for a move to a genuine top 4 club in Spurs, whereas one of Palace's brightest stars signs for Southampton. Interesting

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
This is quite funny :lolol:

Didn't know when Palace fans said 'top 4 club' that they meant the Championship :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So one of our youngsters is set for a move to a genuine top 4 club in Spurs
Well, Spurs are not a top 4 club now that City are there (despite finishing 4th once). Top 5/6.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Clyne hasn't been sold, his deal has expired, we have offered a new one but he'd prefer to sign for Ferguson.
We would have lost around £3m, but after the Clyne fee (we haven't sold him, he is signing a new contract with United/Newcastle) and the money from the cup run (over £1m) we would have broken even comfortably.
Nathaniel Clyne is currently deciding whether to sign for Man United or Newcastle.
Nathaniel Clyne, as I said, is currently deciding between Man United and Newcastle.
In a weeks time, Clyne and Moses will both be playing for Premier League clubs who finished in the top 5 positions.
Absolute drivel then, every word of it. :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
paaahahahahaha!

Seriously, I'm getting money on Palace NOW for relegation.

All the weak teams left the league last season. Palace are going backwards and getting pennies for their only good players.

Get on it LARGE:thumbsup:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ForzaPalace "Give him a wave when we go in different directions end of next season. Shit move from him."

:laugh:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This is quite funny :lolol:

Didn't know when Palace fans said 'top 4 club' that they meant the Championship :lolol:
:D Yes, all of this is very, very funny.

Palace are obviously having to sell their better players due to that fact that they are going nowhere as a club. We, on the other hand, are signing quality players who want to play for a decent club that has a great manager, an excellent ground, decent crowds and everything generally on the up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here