Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Genuine question - if you don't find adequate replacements, would you be worried about relegation? I don't see you going down, I think Barnsley, Millwall and Bristol City will this years, but I'm curious as to how Palace fans consider their chances of surviving this coming season.

As it stands our squad is slightly weaker than last season. This is the weakest our squad will be at any point this summer. We've sold all of the players we're going to sell (apart from maybe a few reserve players we can move on) and we've currently got 3 bids in for players we're looking to sign.

There is very little chance of relegation with the squad we CURRENTLY have. Add McCormack who is likely to sign, Baxter to who is almost certain to sign, and the other two players we're after... I think that a top 10 finish looks quite likely.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Top 10 ha ha ha.

Keep dreaming

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Yup. Can't understand the logic of some BHA posters on here who say they'll do better next season. Their squad is getting weaker by the day.

It really isn't. We've now got Dougie's transfer budget (big enough for a playoff push according to CPFC2010), at least £1.5m for Clyne, £1m from Ambrose and £700k-ish for Scannell.

That's a lot of money to spend.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It really isn't. We've now got Dougie's transfer budget (big enough for a playoff push according to CPFC2010), at least £1.5m for Clyne, £1m from Ambrose and £700k-ish for Scannell.

You'd better hope you make some amazing signings if you think your going to finish top 10 with the players your losing. Personally, I'd rather have kept what you had then have to wait and see who comes in.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008

Have I missed something? Where did the £1m come from for Ambrose? I thought he went for £250k?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Have I missed something? Where did the £1m come from for Ambrose? I thought he went for £250k?

Not according to... everyone. SSN are reporting £1m, the Daily Mail are reporting £1m, etc.

The fee for Ambrose isn't the most important thing about his departure. He has left so that we can free up his £15k per week wages.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
As it stands our squad is slightly weaker than last season. This is the weakest our squad will be at any point this summer. We've sold all of the players we're going to sell (apart from maybe a few reserve players we can move on) and we've currently got 3 bids in for players we're looking to sign.

There is very little chance of relegation with the squad we CURRENTLY have. Add McCormack who is likely to sign, Baxter to who is almost certain to sign, and the other two players we're after... I think that a top 10 finish looks quite likely.

Where's the proof McCormack is likely to sign?

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Not according to... everyone. SSN are reporting £1m, the Daily Mail are reporting £1m, etc.

The fee for Ambrose isn't the most important thing about his departure. He has left so that we can free up his £15k per week wages.

Fair play-only figure I've seen is on BBC. Everywhere else has said undisclosed with no value stated. I can see your point about wages but I think you'll struggle to replace him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I will be interested to see how much Saints pay for Clyne but let's say £1m up front with add-ons if they stay up etc.
Blues are paying £250K max for Ambrose (source BCFC Boardroom but also as reported.......everywhere!)
Huddersfield paid £400K for Scannell (source Yorkshire local press via HTFC)

That immediately reduces your budget by 50% and if the most important thing about shifting Ambrose is to lose his £15K wage then you don't have the money you are being told you have

You are living in cloud cuckoo land my friend

I think if I were you I would start asking some questions of CPFC2010

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I will be interested to see how much Saints pay for Clyne but let's say £1m up front with add-ons if they stay up etc.
Blues are paying £250K max for Ambrose (source BCFC Boardroom but also as reported.......everywhere!)
Huddersfield paid £400K for Scannell (source Yorkshire local press via HTFC)

That immediately reduces your budget by 50% and if the most important thing about shifting Ambrose is to lose his £15K wage then you don't have the money you are being told you have

You are living in cloud cuckoo land my friend

I think if I were you I would start asking some questions of CPFC2010

Your conclusions are incorrect.

Saints made an offer of £1.5m upfront, with addons. Can't see why he'd choose them over Newcastle, but apparently his agents wage demands are only being met by Saints. Weird. 2010 think they'll get more than £1.5m

Birmingham, according to literally every source, have paid a £1m package. Some up front, some addons. Not sure of proportion.
Huddersfield did NOT pay £400k. This number has been flatly denied by our chairmen, it simply isn't true. We rejected £750k in January for him, why would we accept half of that fee a few months later?

If your figures were correct, we'd need to start asking questions. Fortunately, I can say with absolute certainty that they aren't, which is why I'm not worrying :)

Last edited:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Where's the proof McCormack is likely to sign?

CPFC2010 have hinted on quite a few occasions now that we might get him. Leeds want to get their replacement in first, which is Varney, who is set to sign in the next 48 hours.

"Very advanced talks with a player. Club want to get a replacement in before they let him go."

They have also praised the accuracy of one of the "in the know" sources on the BBS, saying he is "always pretty spot on". On this occasion, Clapham Grand says he thinks he'll sign.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Your conclusions are incorrect.

Saints made an offer of £1.5m upfront, with addons. Can't see why he'd choose them over Newcastle, but apparently his agents wage demands are only being met by Saints. Weird. 2010 think they'll get more than £1.5m

Birmingham, according to literally every source, have paid a £1m package. Some up front, some addons. Not sure of proportion.
Huddersfield did NOT pay £400k. This number has been flatly denied by our chairmen, it simply isn't true. We rejected £750k in January for him, why would we accept half of that fee a few months later?

If your figures were correct, we'd need to start asking questions. Fortunately, I can say with absolute certainty that they aren't, which is why I'm not worrying :)

Wow.

CPFC2010 said MAYBE and MIGHT ...........they THINK they will get. I see in another post that the odds-on signature of McCormack is now down to CPFC 2010 have HINTED on a FEW OCCASSIONS that they MIGHT get him.

Wake up and smell the coffee my friend.

Ambrose was stated in the press when he signed as having gone for £250K - check your own site (if you ever go on there). I promise you on this one that I am very much NOT incorrect. The fee was £250K with £150K paid now and the remainder in January.

Huddersfield's Chairman let slip to the local press that they are paying £400K for Scannell. Who would I choose to believe? Well on the evidence of all you lot say on here it will clearly NOT be CPFC2010 who are feeding you a pack of very transparent lies. What you turned down in January when fees are inflated by the desire to push for promotion bears no relation to a player's worth now when clubs have a different imperitive, players a different viewpoint, and contracts are 6 months closer to their end.

You really do need to learn to open your eyes and your ears and to open your mouth and ask questions. Charitably you are being willingly duped. Realistically you are being lied to

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
When they sell Zaha for one gazillion pounds and thus become the richest club in the world, they will dominate football FOREVER.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A true supporter would have known that, even a plastic ! :wink:

Bet a few Palace fans nearly shat themselves in the 90th minute when Calde shot from 35 yards out and Speroni only managed to get his fingertips to the ball and divert it over the crossbar :wink:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Wow.

CPFC2010 said MAYBE and MIGHT ...........they THINK they will get. I see in another post that the odds-on signature of McCormack is now down to CPFC 2010 have HINTED on a FEW OCCASSIONS that they MIGHT get him.

Wake up and smell the coffee my friend.

Ambrose was stated in the press when he signed as having gone for £250K - check your own site (if you ever go on there). I promise you on this one that I am very much NOT incorrect. The fee was £250K with £150K pad now and the remainder in January.

Huddersfield's Chaieman let slip to the local press that they are paying £400K for Scannell. Who would I choose to believe? Well on the evidence of all you lot say on here it will clearly NOT be CPFC2010 who are feeding you a pack of very transparent lies. What you turned down in January when fees are inflated by the desire to push for promotion bears no relation to a player's worth now when clubs have a different imperitive, players a different viewpoint, and contracts are 6 months closer to their end.

You really do need to learn to open your eyes and your ears and to open your mouth and ask questions. Charitably you are being willingly duped. Realistically you are being lied to

What on earth are you talking about? If they are confident enough to suggest that they might get him, I'd say it's pretty likely that we will. Obviously they can't just come out and say "we're signing him" until the deal is done. As they are waiting for Leeds to push it through, they can't be that bold.

Ambrose was stated in the press as going for £1m. Please consult:
Birmingham City bag Darren Ambrose Star
Darren Ambrose signs for Birmingham | Mail Online
Birmingham complete signing of Darren Ambrose - ESPN Soccernet

Also, a Daily Mail journalist on Twitter who spoke to Lee Clarke at the Brum training ground, said that the deal was a £1m package.

Steve Parish has absolutely declared that the fee for Scannell wasn't £400k. This means that the deal for Scannell was not £400k.

You are letting the rivalry cloud your brain. As much as you'd like to THINK we were robbed for our players, and will now flunk in the League and slip down into League 1 for the first time in 35 years, that simply isn't going to happen.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Bet a few Palace fans nearly shat themselves in the 90th minute when Calde shot from 35 yards out and Speroni only managed to get his fingertips to the ball and divert it over the crossbar :wink:

You are being a little generous about the distance out and the standard of the shot, but I very nearly did shit myself when I saw it coming. I genuinely thought we were about to get robbed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here