Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I know we take the piss but they really do have an EXCELLENT SQUAD even after Zaha and Clyne leav.....oh i can't.

Top scorer GONE.
Second top scorer GOING .
Best defender GOING.
A phenomenal strike partnership of Murray and Jermaine Easter (11 goals in all competitions)
Scannel gone.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I know we take the piss but they really do have an EXCELLENT SQUAD even after Zaha and Clyne leav.....oh i can't.

Top scorer GONE.
Best defender GOING.
A phenomenal strike partnership of Murray and Jermaine Easter (11 goals in all competitions)
Scannel gone.

That made oi larrf.... I shall commute home with a broad smile on me mush... :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Top scorer GONE.
Best defender GOING.
Scannel gone.

2nd best defender already gone, after hinting at a complete lack of ambition too.

:lol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010

Top scorer GONE.
Best defender GOING.
Scannel gone.

Their squad has definitely got worse since the season finished.

Losing Gardner and Clyne and replacing them with Ward and Martin isn't great.
Good business in my view to get rid of Ambrose and Scannell but they haven't been replaced yet so can't really judge yet.
Wilbraham and Jose Baxter (just released by Everton) up front aren't going to have too many Championship defenders worrying themselves to sleep.

Still got a while before the window shuts so I will wait till then before mocking their transfer dealings. I would be a bit worried about where the goals will come from next year if I was them though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Top scorer GONE.
Best defender GOING.
Scannel gone.

Yup. Can't understand the logic of some BHA posters on here who say they'll do better next season. Their squad is getting weaker by the day.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I admit, Speroni is very good as well as young Williams.

So that'll be them sold for £125k each if Palance maximise their negotiation potential...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Isn't it about time CPFC1820 sold Shithurst Park to Sainsburys so that the 'supermarket giant' could maximise their retail potential? Palace could then groundshare with Colchester United while they waited for permission to use the local athletics stadium as a temporary home for a decade or so.

250px-Crystal_Palace_athletics_stadium.jpg

Crystal Palace - they don't like it up 'em.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Never, or so I believe. Happy to be told otherwise.

1931/1932 season was the first time they did the double over us , it took them until 2011/2012 to do it again.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Their squad has definitely got worse since the season finished.

Losing Gardner and Clyne and replacing them with Ward and Martin isn't great.
Good business in my view to get rid of Ambrose and Scannell but they haven't been replaced yet so can't really judge yet.
Wilbraham and Jose Baxter (just released by Everton) up front aren't going to have too many Championship defenders worrying themselves to sleep.

Still got a while before the window shuts so I will wait till then before mocking their transfer dealings. I would be a bit worried about where the goals will come from next year if I was them though.
Problem is palace can't compete with most in this league financially,they won't attract decent players:)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1931/1932 season was the first time they did the double over us , it took them until 2011/2012 to do it again.

:ohmy: Have I been infected by the Nigels and I'm now rewriting history ???
p.s. Why am I looking at "park homes" on estate agents websites ?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yup. Can't understand the logic of some BHA posters on here who say they'll do better next season. Their squad is getting weaker by the day.

The only logic for that is that football doesn't always follow logic. Matches on paper that should be an easy win for one team goes to the other, what on paper is a going to be a dour draw can be an exciting goalfest, etc. Some times, a team that looks like it will dominate a division struggles; and one that should struggle, manages to click.

Jan 12, 2012
The only logic for that is that football doesn't always follow logic. Matches on paper that should be an easy win for one team goes to the other, what on paper is a going to be a dour draw can be an exciting goalfest, etc. Some times, a team that looks like it will dominate a division struggles; and one that should struggle, manages to click.

Well said.
In the championship, the season is full of strange results, so logic goes out the window. We've lost a few players, but I'm sure before the season starts, we'll have replacements in place.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Well said.
In the championship, the season is full of strange results, so logic goes out the window. We've lost a few players, but I'm sure before the season starts, we'll have replacements in place.

Genuine question - if you don't find adequate replacements, would you be worried about relegation? I don't see you going down, I think Barnsley, Millwall and Bristol City will this years, but I'm curious as to how Palace fans consider their chances of surviving this coming season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here