Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathaniel Clyne set to leave

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When did Clyne start with Palace?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
You do know their captain and left back are Brighton graduates, another graduate of ours just won the Premiership and another has just joined Tottenham. But carry on.

Don't diss the Palace academy... it's the best in the country you know.

More to the point how will the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn and Southampton pick up cheap players in the future if they had your attitude?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Yup, it's the shining jewel in our rusty crown.

Transpires we got around £2m for him and a 20% sell on clause. Not too shabby.

We got £1.5m for selling Adam Virgo to Celtic donkeys ago and he wasnt even that good. Looks like you've been mugged if hes as good as you lot think? Im intrigued hpw many of your youth are now in the Prem if your acadamy is so amazing?

We have Gareth Barry, Dan Harding, Dean Hammond, with Lewis Dunk and Grant Hall likely to follow. How many more have you got?

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
You do know their captain and left back are Brighton graduates, another graduate of ours just won the Premiership and another has just joined Tottenham. But carry on.

Hats off, the medal's in the post.

We're off with our £2m to not pay our bills to local businesses and St John's Ambulance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Another academy graduate with a Premier League move - it's the gift that keeps on giving.
Hats off, the medal's in the post.
So you start by crowing, and then when someone points out you have nothing to crow about you resort to sarcasm, pretending it's not big deal. Make your mind up.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If the two clubs can agree a fee between them, even though he's out of contract, it negates the need for a tribunal.

What I would like to know is, how long does he have to be out of contract before Palace lose their ability to get any money? Does it last forever? i.e. if he doesn't play for anyone for 5 years, but then joins a club, do they then have to pay Palace a fee?

After supposedly having the pick of Premier League clubs, it now looks like West Ham or Villa are the only ones in for him

If he didn't play for anyone for five years his game may have suffered a tad.

Just like Edgar David's getting signed after god knows how long sitting around in Amsterdam smoking Ganj and wearing orange shades. I mean what f***ing idiot would sign him and run around shouting how f***ing astute that move was...oh...

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
So you start by crowing, and then when someone points out you have nothing to crow about you resort to sarcasm, pretending it's not big deal. Make your mind up.

We've just got circa £2m (some say £2.2m) for our out of contract right back, I shall stick to crowing.

I hope this is alright, I didn't realise I had to declare my style prior to each post I made. Sh*t, that's sarcasm isn't it? Bollocks, do accept my apologies.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We've just got circa £2m (some say £2.2m) for our out of contract right back, I shall stick to crowing.

I hope this is alright, I didn't realise I had to declare my style prior to each post I made. Sh*t, that's sarcasm isn't it? Bollocks, do accept my apologies.

Is this like the £1m you got for Ambrose that is actually only £250k?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I reiterate, another Palace academy graduate in the Premier League. It's wonderful having an academy that churns these players out regularly.

Best of luck to Clyney, Southampton's a good move and a logical step in his career.

And how has this been funded? By bad debt, but I'm sure that all those owed money by palace are taking solace in the fact that the club are still benefitting from their mid-fortune!!!!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

To all intents and purposes, he wasn't out of contract though, was he? Football League rules 56.5, effectively Palace renewed his contract otherwise there would be no compensation.

Now you came on here thinking you were going to give it the Billy Big Bollocks about an academy player signing for a Premiership club but have been shot down big time. He signed pro only 2 years after joining your circus and it turns out that the club he has now signed for isn't as big as you imagined and already have a couple of genuine Brighton academy players amongst their starting 11 (one of which is captain). Please have the grace to f*** off whilst you're behind.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You are a deluded pikey-you don't have any style to declare.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If it is £2.2M then Dougie will be glad of the £200k for his budget pot as the rest is "set aside" by the consortium for "contingencies". :wink:

Trigger Finger

Jul 18, 2011
To all intents and purposes, he wasn't out of contract though, was he? Football League rules 56.5, effectively Palace renewed his contract otherwise there would be no compensation.

Now you came on here thinking you were going to give it the Billy Big Bollocks about an academy player signing for a Premiership club but have been shot down big time. He signed pro only 2 years after turning pro and it turns out that the club he signed for isn't as big as you imagined and already have a couple of genuine Brighton academy players amongst their starting 11 (one of which is captain). Please have the grace to f*** off whilst you're behind.

Shot down? We gave Clyne his big break. He was in our system for a couple of years prior to making his debut. Not that I really need to explain this to you. Our academy's there to make us money, it's doing it well. I'm happy, I'm f***ing off, don't worry.

Enjoy next season.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Shot down? We gave Clyne his big break. He was in our system for a couple of years prior to making his debut. Not that I really need to explain this to you. Our academy's there to make us money, it's doing it well. I'm happy, I'm f***ing off, don't worry.

Enjoy next season.

Yep - the academy that has continued to keep you out of financial trouble for the last... oh hang on.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Enjoy next season.

We will enjoy the season thanks, will you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here