[Albion] Murray to Watford

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
It isn't only his goals or appearances. His broadcast interviews over the last couple of seasons have been informative and fun. Obviously GP is going to build his own team, but like everyone else I'm desperately sorry to see him go.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We were short of strikers before this news so must assume a big signing is on the way. Thought it odd when we gave Murray another year and even more strange now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Absolute Albion (and Palace) legend.

Another hero exits the stage. Good luck Glenn. You’ll smash it in the championship.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Wondered that myself - I could see giving him another year would have a purpose if he was to be involved with the squad, not playing very much, but maybe helping the young strikers with his knowledge and experience. But I can't see the purpose of extending his contract just to sent him out on loan - we could have given him a free transfer and save on wages. Oh well, it's not me that gets to make these decisions!

Good luck to him anyway

I was wondering the same, but maybe a sign of loyalty initially so that he can come back in a coaching role, with the caveat that he would be a reserve striker if we couldn't have got another striker in.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Such a shame about the palace, Bournemouth, Reading stints if he had been with us the whole way through he'd hands down be our top scorer and go down as one of our best ever. Either way, he seems settled here, despite the palace move he's a club legend, given me loads of great memories, i'm sure he'll be back in a coaching capacity but as a player I think this is the end. Hope he gets a testimonial bring all the league one boys back for one night only

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anyone know if Gyokeres might be ready to be a contender?

How the heck are we going to massage THAT name into a song.

I have to be careful saying that as...some years ago..I said the same thing about someone and...*poof* ...someone made up a song and posted it on here as a video.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I would assume as third/fourth forward. That may be why they are not panicking about matters upfront at the moment. Fine to start with what they have- especially as it's normally one up front to start with.

Excepting there are reports on the mainland of his return to St Pauli.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I wanted to read the Watford Observer this morning, on their take on Muzza joining Watford.
I don't know if it's any coincidence, but it's a bit slow in loading :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Gyokores is an interesting one. 6ft2 , 7 goals in 24 in Bundesliga 2 , Not horrific for a 21 year old.

Anyone seen much of him ? I seem to recall seeing him play once out wide.

Must be being thought of as the 4th choice.

Murray a legend , got 1/23 last year though. I think it was time to part.

el punal

Not sure. In the games I’d seen him play he showed promise then faded, possibly down to the players around him - mind you that was in the Hughton reign. Under Potter maybe he could improve to be considered on a regular basis. We wait and see.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Glenn thanks for everything. Sad day indeed if I never get to see you play for us again.

I see Trossard as the 4th choice striking option. We in my opinion just need 1 striker.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Gyokores is an interesting one. 6ft2 , 7 goals in 24 in Bundesliga 2 , Not horrific for a 21 year old.

Anyone seen much of him ? I seem to recall seeing him play once out wide.

Must be being thought of as the 4th choice.

Murray a legend , got 1/23 last year though. I think it was time to part.

7 in 24 is even better when you consider he played out wide a lot for St.Pauli

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I watched a couple of the St Pauli games and Vicky was definitely being kept out wide, with a bit of cutting in - playing more of an Izquierdo/Trossard role than as a striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thanks Glenn. Possibly my favourite ever Albion player. So many vital goals. Club legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports