Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray to Watford

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sad but inevitable, almost certainly his final season, and the man wants to have one last chance to bang in a few more goals.

Been a great servant to the Albion over many years, and to football in general too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fine with this - he’s got to the point now where he’s sparingly used. A great pro and a bit off the wage bill. Always have us the last laugh hilariously over Palace and helped get us promoted and stay up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yep, even more of a problem if DBD is replaced by a Lamptey-esque LWB. That old problem of not being able to defend corners could resurface...

Well the Lampteyesque left wing back hasn't arrived yet, (unless someone like Solly plays there of course), and defensively speaking at least we do still have some good strong headers of a ball, Dunk, White, and Dan Burn.

Absolutely with you though on the need to bring in a big strong target man before we kick off the new season though.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sad but inevitable if he wants serious game time. Muzza a true Albion legend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Will still bag 15+ goals next season in the Championship.

A fantastic bit of business when we got him back for a 2nd stint. Hopefully we’ll see him back down here in a coaching role for the club and doing his media work with Sky / TalkSport when he finally hangs up his boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
What a legend. Will miss the guy.

Will someone ever beat his post-war goal scoring record? I’m not sure.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
WOW, a real clear out...Hopefully we are able to get the quality in..This makes us two short in the striking department, and if Bernardo goes short at LB too...

With all of this activity you have to think we are close to a few things now...

Looks that way..........will certainly make for an interesting season, feels more revolution than evolution this time. A proper clearing of the decks and a load of potential new faces......... We're going to fly or flop....... bring it on.

Best of luck Muzza a true Albion legend, one of a kind, brilliant CF and a class act

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To quote a Watford supporting friend of mine:

"He's 36 -- 37 soon. He's not going to be first choice. He's going to come to Watford to sit on the bench and to be quite honest, I can name at least 5 strikers at Watford who are cheaper, already here, and deserve to sit on the bench before Murray's arse touches it. We need first team players as we're going to lose Deeney, Sarr, Welbeck, Delefou and Success. Murray's not a first team player at Watford... so I really don't understand this move."

Show your friend the video of the first 60 minutes of the game away to Southampton recently, that should make him feel a bit better about the signing.

Sensible move for Glenn and the club.

Good luck legend, can’t wait for you come back coaching next year [emoji106]

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Looks that way..........will certainly make for an interesting season, feels more revolution than evolution this time. A proper clearing of the decks and a load of potential new faces......... We're going to fly or flop....... bring it on.

Best of luck Muzza a true Albion legend, one of a kind, brilliant CF and a class act

Chris Hughton to Watford ???

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Champagne without the Cham...

I hope this opens the door to Darwin/Watkins/Edouard/Gonzalez. Lots of wages getting cleared from the books may indicate a big signing incoming... hopefully!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yep, this really is fast becoming Graham Potter's squad now.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I'm gutted about this. I know he's not what he was and he wants games etc but I'm still disappointed to see him go.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Since 1973.. (I don't have his records before then)

Annotation 2020-09-01 195044.png

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Yep.. a few of us called this a while ago that there’d be significant outgoings the next few windows and were criticised.

Well fan club members better buckle up, it’s not over. I can see more outgoings yet.

Sad for Muzza, utter legend but the guy wasn’t going to play was he. You have to imagine we have a striker or 2 incoming now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here