Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray to Watford

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Preston Park station's a short walk from his house. Thameslink to St Albans, £12 taxi to Bell Lane for the Watford training ground. I dare say he can afford it. Better than driving.

Troy's taxis could collect him, as I heard from an unreliable sauce, that Deeney will employed as head coach, in charge of transport operations :lol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He's been a great pro on and off the field and a reliable goal scorer. Those qualities are in short supply in the transfer market and we've been lucky to have Glenn in our set-up over two stints.

Really sorry to see him go, but he deserves to be playing football rather than watching it. Good luck to him and let's hope he's back at the club in some capacity one day soon.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Little bit sad to see Glenn go to those twats but hey ho... Good luck to him. He did brilliant for Palace and Brighton.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Sad to see him go but he has earned the right to decide what to do next. If he is happy to go to Watford I am happy for him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Has to be m25 each day? No way.. definitely train

Indeed, and Watford's training ground is about as far round the M25 as you can get - literally next door to Arsenal's training ground at London Colney. In fact it was Arsenal's training ground before they built their new place. It's around 90 miles if you go clockwise, slightly more via Dartford I think, but at least that way you avoid Heathrow and the variable speed limits. To be avoided.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Fondest memories of Muzza was when Mrs AR took us to the the Albion v Norwich game for my 50th, when he scored a hatrick in the 5-0 win, quite apt really :bowdown:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That finish vs. Man Utd just gets better each time I watch it. :mad: :bowdown:

de Gea crouched down at his near post with his arms oustretched and wondering WTF happened to the ball is something I'll never tire of seeing.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
You watch that lot and it really hits you how much we will miss him ..and how much one misses football with crowds/excited commentators

So true, it is clear how much Murray is admired, strikers like him don’t come along that often, or these days cheaply. The constant references here to finding a “new” younger Murray are too numerous to count. I concur with Cher, If I Could Turn Back Time, would be great to have a 10 years younger Murray still leading the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here