Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah, like the match against Brentford when NSC called them out for showing too much of the opposition.

When all they showed was their three goals.
When you say 'NSC called them out', was it a collective outcry or a comment from one person?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Those highlights were not representative of the 90 mins today. We destroyed them and they were f***ing dogshit. The face they scored flattered them.

One of the best perfomances I’ve ever seen away from home.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Lineker: "I love watching Brighton play. Adventurous, exciting, attacking."

Murphy: "Playing with such cohesion...Mitoma's got such wonderful close-control...it's a phenomenal philosophy they've got. They never at any time of the match took their foot off the gas. They've got a wonderful chance next week."
I hear stuff like this and keep thinking I’m watching some fictional nonsense, like Ted Lasso and Richmond FC. But this is real, and it’s us. Amazing.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Well there you go. Are the needy posters consistently moaning about MOTD/media coverage happy now? We recieve high praise consistently, including on MOTD
I am happy with this evenings coverage, yes. That’s as it should be. First time I can recall that we have received more praise than the criticism/analysis piled on the losing team. Chelsea only got a fleeting mention. Marvellous!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I am happy with this evenings coverage, yes. That’s as it should be. First time I can recall that we have received more praise than the criticism/analysis piled on the losing team. Chelsea only got a fleeting mention. Marvellous!

Exactly this. I was expecting the usual token 3 seconds of "Brighton played well, but..." followed by an in-depth analysis of how crap Fat Frank and his over hyped mugs are. Refreshing to see them actually analyse and comment on us.

It's like we've come of age and the pundits have realised that we aren't just a flash in the pan.

I don't need to have MOTD praise, but it's refreshing to hear a proper analysis of the actual game rather than how poor xxxx (insert big 6 name here) is.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Exactly this. I was expecting the usual token 3 seconds of "Brighton played well, but..." followed by an in-depth analysis of how crap Fat Frank and his over hyped mugs are.
That hasn't been the case many, many times this season on motd

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
The overload of players when we attack now. 😯 must scare the shit out

Exactly this. I was expecting the usual token 3 seconds of "Brighton played well, but..." followed by an in-depth analysis of how crap Fat Frank and his over hyped mugs are. Refreshing to see them actually analyse and comment on us.

It's like we've come of age and the pundits have realised that we aren't just a flash in the pan.

I don't need to have MOTD praise, but it's refreshing to hear a proper analysis of the actual game rather than how poor xxxx (insert big 6 name here) is.
It is great to have praise how great the Albion play.
At the end of the day, it's the clubs doing and no one else.
I think what pisses people off, in regards about us getting tv time, is that whilst we are doing fine, all insundrie neutrals want to tag themselves to our bandwagon, in a look at me styleeeee.
But when were shit, these same people were tagging themselves in an I told you so styleeee.
You cannot please all :shrug:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
It is great to have praise how great the Albion play.
At the end of the day, it's the clubs doing and no one else.
I think what pisses people off, in regards about us getting tv time, is that whilst we are doing fine, all insundrie neutrals want to tag themselves to our bandwagon, in a look at me styleeeee.
But when were shit, these same people were tagging themselves in an I told you so styleeee.
You cannot please all :shrug:
I was thinking the same thing, wondering if we have become the hipsters latest fad? It’s the price we will have to pay I suppose for being so fantastic.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was thinking the same thing, wondering if we have become the hipsters latest fad? It’s the price we will have to pay I suppose for being so fantastic.
My next door neighbour moved on Friday, and is a Watford fan, and we regularly chatted bollox about football and such like.
He did say that the Albion are everyone's favourite team at the moment.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
My next door neighbour moved on Friday, and is a Watford fan, and we regularly chatted bollox about football and such like.
He did say that the Albion are everyone's favourite team at the moment.

From what I know of hipsters it seems entirely appropriate that they should favour Brighton. You could almost say that Brighton is probably the most hipster town there is!:ROFLMAO:

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014

He gets it! It’s not needy to expect some actual discussion/analysis about our team. I didn’t mind being ‘under the radar’ and underestimated, I think it worked in our favour for quite some time but now that it’s widely known and accepted that we must be taken seriously, I’d like to better understand why the ‘analysts’ think that is and not ultimately be told in greater detail week after week how we won because the other team were shit! We make them look shit! I appreciate the praise we get, and yes, we get plenty. I’d like to hear ‘why’ they think we play so well, our tactics, formation, player strengths etc, the kind of analysis the other winning/top of the table teams receive.

When Lineker opened up with his usual ‘we’ll get on to (insert opposition name here) in a moment…’ I thought: ‘here we go, same old bollocks.’ Then they proceeded to discuss us for an acceptable duration and I was like: ‘hmm, OK, that’s better,’ fully expecting them to talk about Chelsea for twice as long, only for them to effectively say: ‘and Chelsea were crap, OK, moving on’ and I thought MARVELLOUS!! haha

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
When Lineker opened up with his usual ‘we’ll get on to (insert opposition name here) in a moment…’ I thought: ‘here we go, same old bollocks.’ Then they proceeded to discuss us for an acceptable duration and I was like: ‘hmm, OK, that’s better,’ fully expecting them to talk about Chelsea for twice as long, only for them to effectively say: ‘and Chelsea were crap, OK, moving on’ and I thought MARVELLOUS!! haha

Lineker last night: "I have to say, I love watching Brighton play. They’re adventurous, attacking, attractive and really good to watch..."

Lineker at half-time, Chris Hughton's @bhafc v Man City, FA Cup semi, 2019: "Wouldn’t want to play up front for THAT team, eh Alan?" *sniggers all around studio*

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Lineker last night: "I have to say, I love watching Brighton play. They’re adventurous, attacking, attractive and really good to watch..."

Lineker at half-time, Chris Hughton's @bhafc v Man City, FA Cup semi, 2019: "Wouldn’t want to play up front for THAT team, eh Alan?" *sniggers all around studio*
a decent appraisal of the situation though I suspect Shearer would have suited us more in Hughton era.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
He gets it! It’s not needy to expect some actual discussion/analysis about our team. I didn’t mind being ‘under the radar’ and underestimated, I think it worked in our favour for quite some time but now that it’s widely known and accepted that we must be taken seriously, I’d like to better understand why the ‘analysts’ think that is and not ultimately be told in greater detail week after week how we won because the other team were shit! We make them look shit! I appreciate the praise we get, and yes, we get plenty. I’d like to hear ‘why’ they think we play so well, our tactics, formation, player strengths etc, the kind of analysis the other winning/top of the table teams receive.

It's like the neutrals do a boil wash and their whites come blue.
Best analogy I can give to Albion being everyone's favourite club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here