[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I agree with you, but your issue is how VAR is used or interpreted rather than the rule. Once VAR comes into the decision making then the letter of the law and fine margins come into play.

You can't say whether the keeper would have saved it had it not clipped Mcalister on the way
The fact the keeper may or may not have saved it had it not hit Mac Allister doesn’t come into it. It’s irrelevant to the discussion. If the ball hits a player on the arm and goes in or goes directly to a player who then scores then it’s handball, even if the touch is accidental.

All that matters is the possibility of handball.

As the goal was given on pitch there needs to be a clear and obvious error made to rule it out. Different angles of the video replay show different things and none show without a shadow of doubt that the ball clearly hits Ali Macs hand. This means the on field decision should stand and the goal given.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But the linesman then tapped his shoulder twice, which isn’t handball.
Yes, to add insult to insult to insult to injury, last week the pundits and commentators were agreeing with a 'not handball' decision based on the 't-shirt line'. And yet this oaf touched his actual shoulder to indicate the offense of handball.

As noted elsewhere, some serious training on the rules, and the rubric of decision making is needed.

These fuckers are just making it up as they go along.

I would add that pundits need training too. The number of times I have heart ex-players say stuff like 'it was a coming together', 'Its all part of the game', and 'it was ball to hand' and the classic 'it was accidental' (particularly in relation to the endless foot stamping that now goes on) is enough to have me reaching for the sick bag.

It is no good pundits asking what the rules actually are. They should know what they are if they want a sinecure as a well-paid talking head.

As others have said, football is not just a lark. It is serious business and has an important emotional role in society. There is no point to it if it is run by fools and the 'big club' scum always rise to the top. Nobody wants to play in a rigged competition, even if the rigging is simply by subconscious bias. I want to see a serious attempt to fix this, albeit I am not sure the problem is even recognized let alone understood. So, another couple of seasons of this bollocks and I will walk away. Football will be dead to me.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pleased at least MOTD2 paused to highlight the injustices we faced Saturday and didn’t limit it to just the penalty.

Unlike most of the pundits, Wrighty does get what it means to be a fan, and pleased they saw our 2 disallowed goals as legitimate, and 2 penalty shouts as clear penalties.

It is as they said inexcusable, and as Ian Wright said, as a fan he doesn’t think he’d could get over that.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Pleased at least MOTD2 paused to highlight the injustices we faced Saturday and didn’t limit it to just the penalty.

Unlike most of the pundits, Wrighty does get what it means to be a fan, and pleased they saw our 2 disallowed goals as legitimate, and 2 penalty shouts as clear penalties.

It is as they said inexcusable, and as Ian Wright said, as a fan he doesn’t think he’d could get over that.
I’m quite impressed Wright dropped in a “Jesus”. On Easter Sunday to boot. A proper football fan’s rage. You’ve got to love him.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Alex Scott also pointed out it was the 3rd apology the club had received this season 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I expect a full five minutes on what fat franque will need to do to grab that all

FFS no stuff about how good our players and manager are, and who will be signing them in the Close Season.

Thanks.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Sutton been saying he should go spurs all evening on 606.

Motd have tweeted about our starting lineup costing about 50 million and their’s being almost 500 so I expect that it will be about recruitment.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
MotD are going to have.a hard time editing that down to an even game...

...but I'm sure they'll manage somehow.
Yeah, like the match against Brentford when NSC called them out for showing too much of the opposition.

When all they showed was their three goals.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lineker: "I love watching Brighton play. Adventurous, exciting, attacking."

Murphy: "Playing with such cohesion...Mitoma's got such wonderful close-control...it's a phenomenal philosophy they've got. They never at any time of the match took their foot off the gas. They've got a wonderful chance next week."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports