Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well done that referee and VAR.

Not falling for the Nketiah dive or the phantom injury to the Arsenal CB during our opening goal.

Would’ve been easy to yield to the occasion by keeping the home team in the title race.

Btw a rattled Saka deliberately elbowed Estupinan in a touchline scuffle.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chappers:
"We have to start with Brighton...."

Murphy:
"Well they're a pleasure to watch. They always try and find the spare man...they mix the game up lovely...there's bravery in the formation...they continually persist in playing the right way through the line even if it doesn't work out..."

Given:
"These guys are full of courage...there's always space...Steele's a key member of that...Steele's got all things in the locker...they can mix the game up, they can go long, they can go short...there's a confidence in Steele's game, he can play through 5 players with one pass."

Murphy:
"Caicedo...terrific...this is what he's good at, great feet, little give and gos...he's got the lovely balance being able to be creative on the front foot, and be disciplined..."

All the analysis (passing, Steele's distribution, Caicedo) on us, just general comments on Arsenal's season.

Well done MOTD.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I liked Givens interpretation of that tackle …saying it as it was
Agreed. It was good that Given didn’t overplay the severity of it. Was hardly the hatchet job that Sky made it out to be - just a very right-footed player, not used to the position, tackling from an odd angle. I suspect Mitoma was pleased to see Martinelli get clattered but don’t think Caicedo was particularly malicious. In fact, when Martinelli went off, he was going out of his way to be very apologetic - almost as if he thinks he might join Arsenal one day.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I do enjoy MotD2, the analysis is so much better, Chappers is so much more engaging with looking at the game rather than bigging up the same old players etc. The focus on Steele was excellent and quite right as well, as we've gone from this whole Neuer sweeper-keeper revolution, to Steele actually dictating our play. Great times!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’ll think twice about that next time. Retribution was swift and he then spent most of the rest of the game on the treatment bench.
And his lower leg in a knee boot afterwards.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I do enjoy MotD2, the analysis is so much better, Chappers is so much more engaging with looking at the game rather than bigging up the same old players etc. The focus on Steele was excellent and quite right as well, as we've gone from this whole Neuer sweeper-keeper revolution, to Steele actually dictating our play. Great times!
Agreed, but it was assisted by the fact that they had a GK on the couch.
I've been saying for a while that I haven't seen a GK across Europe with a better range of passing and calmness than Steele. Sanchez and others have other attributes that far exceed Steele, but he's currently demonstrating that he's the absolute business as a football player.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Chappers: "And it's fully deserved that they're in Europe."

Jenas: "They're one of those teams that everyone likes to watch. I'm a big fan of Ferguson - that goal-scoring element, that targetman element."

Richards: "They create so much, be it Gross, Mitoma, Mac Allister."

Jenas: "You know at Brighton they're putting in those extra yards. When you see those celebrations, you have to enjoy it."

More love for the Albion.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
JJ really gets us as does Chappers. Both sing our prases when we are on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here