Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ah well, the national press, owned by people not resident in the U.K. but stirring the pot regardless.

They’re offended by the existence of all views other than their own. Unless Lineker’s views were aired while working for the BBC, then it’s not really any of the BBC’s business. Gary Lineker is not a BBC spokesperson.

I know it’s not your quarrel, but I left Twitter because of the nonsense pile-ons. This is clearly an analogue pile-on carried out 20th century style via the mainstream press.
Is it on Twitter? Oh dear, how sad, never mind! :lolol:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Not my quarrel mate. I merely point out that it has been reported in the natioal press that Lineker has opened his gob again in a manner some people object to. If that includes the BBC, then there is a golden opportunity to replace one glossy cardboard cutout on screen with another (much cheaper) bunch of glossy cardboard cutouts on screen and save much needed £millions. It's not as if Lineker has any unique - or even special
you do seem to be doing a lot of quarrelling tho', did the gobby fellah vote remain or something, i just wonder why you are so animated?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The boy Lineker not there tonight - on the naughty step again? Perhaps this time - if that is the case - the BBC will recognise and take the chance to make big savings! Good idea to use the first two minutes for a montage of a match between two teams that weren't even playing today......................
Not enough games to justify his trip to the studio

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The boy Lineker not there tonight - on the naughty step again? Perhaps this time - if that is the case - the BBC will recognise and take the chance to make big savings! Good idea to use the first two minutes for a montage of a match between two teams that weren't even playing today......................
4DCA74F4-B55C-4337-8B95-371E31F3F59D.jpeg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That Palace penalty is the softest penalty you will see for a while. And VAR accepted it. Crazy
I think 'soft' means 'a bit harsh, a lot of refs won't give it' kinda thing. That wasn't soft, it was blatantly wrong. It was a clear dive, there was no foul.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I think 'soft' means 'a bit harsh, a lot of refs won't give it' kinda thing. That wasn't soft, it was blatantly wrong. It was a clear dive, there was no foul.
Glad not the only one thought this. I couldn’t believe VAR gave it! But then…it’s VAR, they can’t even draw the line sometimes against the right player!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not long to wait before Danny Murphy praises us to the heavens once again.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Or at 11 on Sky Prem 1/2 hour of Gary Neville saying we''re better than Arsenal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here