Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing Lancashire woman

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I have just seen an interview on BBC news with the elderly gentleman who first found the phone on the bench, and he very clearly stated that the dog was tied to the bench. This was news to me. All the previous reporting suggested the dog was running about between the bench and the bank down into the water, so one naturally assumes that means running freely. But no, it could be one of those extendable leads which gives the dog a fair radius to run around, whilst still being safely/securely retained.

This might seem like semantics, but to me feels like a bit of a game changer. If the lady had left her business call running, had decided to just go, and didn’t want her dog to follow her, then she would tie it safely to the bench. This tiny bit of detail does suggest perhaps a deliberate action (in tying the dog up) rather than an accident which occurred in trying to prevent the dog going into the water. And this was after all an actual interview with the gentleman who first found the phone and the dog, and he very clearly stated the dog was tied up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have just seen an interview on BBC news with the elderly gentleman who first found the phone on the bench, and he very clearly stated that the dog was tied to the bench. This was news to me. All the previous reporting suggested the dog was running about between the bench and the bank down into the water, so one naturally assumes that means running freely. But no, it could be one of those extendable leads which gives the dog a fair radius to run around, whilst still being safely/securely retained.

This might seem like semantics, but to me feels like a bit of a game changer. If the lady had left her business call running, had decided to just go, and didn’t want her dog to follow her, then she would tie it safely to the bench. This tiny bit of detail does suggest perhaps a deliberate action (in tying the dog up) rather than an accident which occurred in trying to prevent the dog going into the water. And this was after all an actual interview with the gentleman who first found the phone and the dog, and he very clearly stated the dog was tied up.
Yet we were told the dog's harness had been removed, so how was it tied up?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Precisely. The gentleman very clearly stated he found the phone on the bench and the dog was tied to the bench. I don’t know how dog collars and harnesses work in tandem, whether they can work independently etc, but this was literally the old geezer, portly gent looked at 65/70 years of age, very specifically said “tied to the bench”.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I can’t be the only one who spotted this nuance, surely a reporter will allude to this in their reporting/updates some time very soon.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I can’t be the only one who spotted this nuance, surely a reporter will allude to this in their reporting/updates some time very soon.
They definitely were saying that the dog's harness was removed, and I thought they said the dog was found nearby, giving the impression it had been loose. Could have been tied to the bench directly with it's collar I suppose.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Precisely. All reporting to date has said the dog was running back and forth nearby. But this is the first time we have heard from the very person who first found the phone and the dog, in a video interview with a BBC reporter on the adjacent footpath today, very deliberately saying the dog “was tied to the bench”. Being literally tied does add credence to the potential scenario where the lady just decided to disappear of her own volition and not be followed.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Precisely. All reporting to date has said the dog was running back and forth nearby. But this is the first time we have heard from the very person who first found the phone and the dog, in a video interview with a BBC reporter on the adjacent footpath today, very deliberately saying the dog “was tied to the bench”. Being literally tied does add credence to the potential scenario where the lady just decided to disappear of her own volition and not be followed.
Could of needed a wee?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What is driving the difference in interest between the earthquake and the mortgage advisor is discussion, nothing more sinister. As sad as the earthquake is, there’s less to talk about.
I think it's MSM which seems to set the agenda, if they decide to run a story because it 'has legs' and drop another they consider less interesting they will do so. Then that gets mirrored across message boards, Twitter, Facebook etc. - it's not rocket science.

It's the same reason that every year 9/11 will still get considerable media coverage at the start of September and many other natural disasters will get scant coverage for a few days even though they may have many more fatalities than the 3,000 killed in 9/11. Also 9/11 and the Nicola Bulley case happened in first world countries with massive media presence whereas most natural disasters happen in third world contrives

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it's MSM which seems to set the agenda, if they decide to run a story because it 'has legs' and drop another they consider less interesting they will do so. Then that gets mirrored across message boards, Twitter, Facebook etc. - it's not rocket science.

It's the same reason that every year 9/11 will still get considerable media coverage at the start of September and many other natural disasters will get scant coverage for a few days even though they may have many more fatalities than the 3,000 killed in 9/11. Also 9/11 and the Nicola Bulley case happened in first world countries with massive media presence whereas most natural disasters happen in third world contrives
I agree natural disasters happen but the very high death toll in Turkey (part of the ring of fire in the Mediterranean) is because their government and builders built shoddy houses. 113 arrests have been made so far.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
This editor needs sacking.

I read the BBC online article from yesterday ' Nicola had serous drink issues' as referring to Sad Witch Nicola the Nasty SNP Waster. It would certainly have explained a lot about her sociopathic mismanagement of Scotland for the past 8 years. Alas, it was for the other 'Missing Nicola', so we are still awaiting a proper explanation. Mind you , I am not too sure the police publishing the alcohol info on 'Missing Nicola' was done with the intent to assist in finding her.

TNBA

TTF

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004

The gent that was interviewed wasn't first on scene. Another lady had found the dog running around and had tied it to the bench using a bit of string. She recognised the dog but couldn't remember who owned it. She was late for an appointment so wasn't able to hang around. The gent arrived shortly after the lady and has confirmed that the dog was tied up and that the phone was on the ground.

I don't particularly like the Tattle Life website, but they have done quite a good synopsis of what is known about the case so far:

https://tattle.life/wiki/nicola-bulley

Last edited:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t. Impossible situation for them
I thought exactly that the other day. they came out with information about her vulnerabilities without disclosing anything but by the end of the day they came under criticism.for.lack of information. now they've released more the criticism.is.around.them.saying.too much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here