Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing Lancashire woman

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not an expert by any means but seems a bit odd that they’ve found the body after this long, from all I’ve seen on murder documentaries it normally takes between 48-72 hours for a body to begin floating, especially with conditions mild at the moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How sad.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Not an expert by any means but seems a bit odd that they’ve found the body after this long, from all I’ve seen on murder documentaries it normally takes between 48-72 hours for a body to begin floating, especially with conditions mild at the moment.
Well I for one 100% ruled out finding her in the river. Apologies to those who thought possible. Sad day for the family indeed. Cannot for the life of me understand how such a high profile case they didn’t find until today. Extraordinary. You’d have thought they’d practically dredged it multiple times. How they missed her, it’s more of a stream than river, beggars belief. Not the authorities finest hour by any means.

You wait though, it won’t be enough for the crazies to close the book. And have Netflix started filming yet, as is the modern way with tragedies? :nono:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well I for one 100% ruled out finding her in the river. Apologies to those who thought possible. Sad day for the family indeed. Cannot for the life of me understand how such a high profile case they didn’t find until today. Extraordinary. You’d have thought they’d practically dredged it multiple times. How they missed her, it’s more of a stream than river, beggars belief. Not the authorities finest hour by any means.

You wait though, it won’t be enough for the crazies to close the book. And have Netflix started filming yet, as is the modern way with tragedies? :nono:
feels strange if it is her. even the experts walked away saying she wouldn't be found in the river I believe and a mile away doesn't sound far

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
feels strange if it is her. even the experts walked away saying she wouldn't be found in the river I believe and a mile away doesn't sound far
Indeed, all the strong talk from that private contractor after his search potentially undermines his credibility somewhat, unless he didn't search that particular stretch. Very bizarre.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I hope this swiftly brings closure to the poor family.

I also hope it brings sharply to and end the frankly disgusting behaviour of both social media scavengers and public figures who have used this appalling case as a political football.

Honestly, cases like this only highlight how many self serving parasites we have in the UK public eye.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I hope this swiftly brings closure to the poor family.

I also hope it brings sharply to and end the frankly disgusting behaviour of both social media scavengers and public figures who have used this appalling case as a political football.

Honestly, cases like this only highlight how many self serving parasites we have in the UK public eye.
Get with the beat - I’m afraid this is only the beginning. Films, TV drama, documentaries, merchandise, podcasts, possibly even a play are all to come. Myths, conspiracies, tourism…it’s all in the making right now and will continue for years. We make drama out of tragedy these days. F*** the family, they’re the last people that matter when there’s money to be made.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sad news :(

A lot of the theories and accusations of affairs and murder on the Internet are close to being proved what they seemed all along…

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sad news :(

A lot of the theories and accusations of affairs and murder on the Internet are close to being proved what they seemed all along…
99% of which is always hogwash.

The only facts here are that a woman disappeared from a place by a river and may have been found now.

Everything else isn't worth reading because everyone who is speculating knows no more than the spider in the corner of my ceiling.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed, all the strong talk from that private contractor after his search potentially undermines his credibility somewhat, unless he didn't search that particular stretch. Very bizarre.
This is what I am thinking. He was quite bullish and confident about himself and his business.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He got his week of free PR though.
Very harsh and unkind guessing there. As the bloke said he’s trying to find a dead body and anyone thinking otherwise should go in a cold river all night searching for a body, sometimes children. Crass comment.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I agree with you. Immediately struck me as odd a body spotted by walkers, close to the bank & less than a mile from where she went missing. River was supposed to have been thoroughly searched by police & the expert. Guess we wait & see if she really drowned or not.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Very harsh and unkind guessing there. As the bloke said he’s trying to find a dead body and anyone thinking otherwise should go in a cold river all night searching for a body, sometimes children. Crass comment.
Unkind guessing - he continued to brief to the press after he’d finished his search, undermining the police and fueled the public speculation she couldn’t be in the river - he stated that with authority and certainty. Had he kept his opinions between him, the police and the family I might agree with you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I agree with you. Immediately struck me as odd a body spotted by walkers, close to the bank & less than a mile from where she went missing. River was supposed to have been thoroughly searched by police & the expert. Guess we wait & see if she really drowned or not.
If you’re a suggesting a murderer has snuck the body back to a place near where she went missing, I’m no expert but I cannot imagine the area would have been left un-observed by police, to catch anyone trying such a thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here