[News] Missing Lancashire woman

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep. Completely unhelpful comments.

It was obvious early on the police had a very strong indication she unfortunately had to be in the water, as it turns out, they were right.

Yet, here he was making categorical statements that if he didn't find her then she wasn't in there. Immediately, the moment he doesn't locate her, you have people piling in saying "why are they so focused on the river?".
He’s doesn’t help himself either. That quote about him being an escapologist is bizarre….and immediately dismissed by a soldier

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The first time I heard him I thought ‘what a complete cocksure bellend that bloke is’.
Have to agree with this. I did have a bit of a pop at @Bold Seagull for suggesting it was PR for his book - I don’t believe that bit, but his claims were wayyyyy too bold and I thought that at the time. Fair play for helping out etc but if you really don’t want the limelight, make standard press comments not ridiculous statements that may well make you look silly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The April Jones case, where she told two searchers, live on air, that the investigation had been moved up to a murder inquiry. Vile cow.
Really? I don’t like the press and the way they act in these horrible situations. I don’t even like the speculation on threads like this - that I probably became a part of! But yes I don’t know the reporter much but of that’s true it’s really not the way to act - like it’s all some big game etc. show some decorum.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He’s doesn’t help himself either. That quote about him being an escapologist is bizarre….and immediately dismissed by a soldier
Yes, that seems very odd. Also was it 400 times he said he’d tried? Something in me says that’s an exaggeration and he’s not an escapologist…!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have to agree with this. I did have a bit of a pop at @Bold Seagull for suggesting it was PR for his book - I don’t believe that bit, but his claims were wayyyyy too bold and I thought that at the time. Fair play for helping out etc but if you really don’t want the limelight, make standard press comments not ridiculous statements that may well make you look silly.
Didn’t know he was writing a book, I was just saying he got his business name and services in the limelight - nothing wrong with that when doing pro bono, but agree with you, his statements were unhelpful, and fueled the speculation.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports