Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing Lancashire woman

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No it wasn't, it was to try stop the speculation and ridiculous theories being widely touted around.

The Coroner has the case now, we will have to wait and see what they say but that will not be a quick process and rightly so.
This.

The police found out that a newspaper was about to tell (gossip) all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have read the Robert Enke biography, he is the German goalkeeper who killed himself. Robert went about his final days quite normally as well, even upbeat if I remember correctly, which made his suicide all the more strange to his wife and family. Apparently this is a trait, once a person has made the plan they can feel a sense of release and freedom from their depression.

Maybe this explains your last sentences.

That’s 100% true.

Sadly there are evil internet shit stirrers telling young folk who are having suicidal thoughts, that just doing it will be a release. It’s often from someone a bit older, pretending to be a teen, who claims (lying) that they’re are about to take their own life. Acting as a mentor, but with ill intent. I was aware already, then my daughter confirmed this.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
One of the worst cases of suicide but taking everyone on board as well was that German guy who flew his plane into a mountain on auto pilot with the rest of the crew unable to get back into the cock pit due to the 9/11 rules of not being able to force your way in.
Edit. I think it happened recently on a flight in China as well.
Probably will be slated for this, but I think people who want to end their lives should do so alone.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I have read the Robert Enke biography, he is the German goalkeeper who killed himself. Robert went about his final days quite normally as well, even upbeat if I remember correctly, which made his suicide all the more strange to his wife and family. Apparently this is a trait, once a person has made the plan they can feel a sense of release and freedom from their depression.

Maybe this explains your last sentences.
The same with Gary Speed.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Scathing statement issued from the family re the press. Sky and ITV contacted the family directly last night despite the family's requests not to do so.

That is exactly what they do. Journalists banging on the door demanding interviews and photos…headlines putting words into loved ones mouths…it is sickening. Just leave families alone to grieve and process this privately.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That is exactly what they do. Journalists banging on the door demanding interviews and photos…headlines putting words into loved ones mouths…it is sickening. Just leave families alone to grieve and process this privately.
Martin Samuel in Sunday Times wrote the same in regards to a footballer, albeit non-pro, and how it's been sensationalised for dramatic purposes. Morally it's all wrong, and it's not just the media's compass that's questionable. Look at the volume of people courting publicity from this case alone. The media might feed, but plenty of people out there with an appetite e.g. some random person prevented from digging up the local area apparently. I mean, what is wrong with these types?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'Nicola Bulley: Why can it take so long to find bodies?'

Key takeaways from the article:

1. She was found in reeds, in an area of the river the diving company had searched, using its sonar.
2. The owner of the diving company says 'Sonar would never be used to search reeds by the side of a river because it would not penetrate them'.
3. He ends with "My previous comments saying that if Nicola was in the river, I would find her, still stand".

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

1. She was found in reeds, in an area of the river the diving company had searched, using its sonar.
2. The owner of the diving company says 'Sonar would never be used to search reeds by the side of a river because it would not penetrate them'.
3. He ends with "My previous comments saying that if Nicola was in the river, I would find her, still stand".
That “expert” and his bold statements look a bit silly now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That “expert” and his bold statements look a bit silly now.
We’ve seen it all before.
CADA29A5-6A45-42C3-8877-250708311918.jpeg

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
We’ve seen it all before.
View attachment 157451

Y’all know me. Know how I earn a livin’. I’ll catch this bird for you, but it ain’t gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin’, no tenderizin’, down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that’ll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin’ basis. But it’s not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I’ll find him for three, but I’ll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you’ve gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don’t want no volunteers, I don’t want no mates, there’s too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

A brilliant actor in a brilliant film

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I believe sonar guy, amongst his bold claims and bravado, did quietly conceded that if the body was in a reeded area then it could be problematic to detect. There are a lot of reeds on that stretch.
Especially in small villages, a friend of mine lived in Hawes, and literally everyone knew everything about each other, when I came to visit every one seemed to know who I was straight a way, weird.
Did they give you a wide berth or were they friendly?
Depends what your mate told them about you,I suppose😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Smacks of 'I never said we'd check the reeds, only the river..........................who was checking the reeds ??'
'What, the reeds that are growing in the river you were checking ?'

Sounds like the recriminations and counter-claims on this have a way to go. Just horrific for the family as no doubt this will be played out publicly :down:

It's odd - SGI aren't just a 'sonar company' - the employ fully trained (usually ex-police or military) divers

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Smacks of 'I never said we'd check the reeds, only the river..........................who was checking the reeds ??'

Sounds like the recriminations and counter-claims on this have a way to go. Just horrific for the family as no doubt this will be played out publicly :down:

It's odd - SGI aren't just a 'sonar company' - the employ fully trained (usually ex-police or military) divers
Indeed. In all the time he was using the side sonar to search up to the reeds but not in them, did it not occur to him that this might not be a complete and thorough search? That it might have warranted a word with the police officer in charge, e.g.

'When you say search the river, are you including the reeds as well?'
'The side sonar I'm using cannot penetrate reeds and hidden obstacles'.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
One of the worst cases of suicide but taking everyone on board as well was that German guy who flew his plane into a mountain on auto pilot with the rest of the crew unable to get back into the cock pit due to the 9/11 rules of not being able to force your way in.
Edit. I think it happened recently on a flight in China as well.
Probably will be slated for this, but I think people who want to end their lives should do so alone.
I don't think you'll be slated at all

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They said he’s the fella who has an unhealthy obsession with a football club.
“A football club”?

Wait till they hear about Thursdays scouring the net for non league games that aren’t called off and your Stevie Wonder theory.

:moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I never warmed to sonar guy, less so now.

And the guy who did find the body is a medium and used his “psychic skills” to find Nicola.

There seems to be plenty of twists and turns in this very sad tale.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I never warmed to sonar guy, less so now.

And the guy who did find the body is a medium and used his “psychic skills” to find Nicola.

There seems to be plenty of twists and turns in this very sad tale.

Oh my goodness! Reminds me of early Peter James books when DI Roy Grace often used to consult with a medium to help him with cases!!

I hope this doesn't cause yet another media circus and problems for the family :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here