Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Missing Lancashire woman

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh my goodness! Reminds me of early Peter James books when DI Roy Grace often used to consult with a medium to help him with cases!!

I hope this doesn't cause yet another media circus and problems for the family :(
I sense this story has legs which isn’t good news for the family and especially the children.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh my goodness! Reminds me of early Peter James books when DI Roy Grace often used to consult with a medium to help him with cases!!

I hope this doesn't cause yet another media circus and problems for the family :(
My memory of those early Grace novels was that he struggled to come to terms with the disappearance of his wife, and it gave him comfort talking to a medium. I got the impression he didn’t really believe in it, but he knew it sort of helped him so that’s why he went and it helped clarify his thoughts. Although I have very fuzzy memories about books.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
My memory of those early Grace novels was that he struggled to come to terms with the disappearance of his wife, and it gave him comfort talking to a medium. I got the impression he didn’t really believe in it, but he knew it sort of helped him so that’s why he went and it helped clarify his thoughts. Although I have very fuzzy memories about books.
I think that's right ... but as a result he also spoke to the mediums about cases he was working on ... resulting in criticism by senior officers and the press I think.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think that's right ... but as a result he also spoke to the mediums about cases he was working on ... resulting in criticism by senior officers and the press I think.
Absolutely correct. He developed a trust and rapport with the medium (Harry) he consulted over his missing wife Sandy.

He gets ripped a new one in court in Dead Simple during cross examination over this, and nearly loses his job over it in Looking Good Dead I believe.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Absolutely correct. He developed a trust and rapport with the medium (Harry) he consulted over his missing wife Sandy.

He gets ripped a new one in court in Dead Simple during cross examination over this, and nearly loses his job over it in Looking Good Dead I believe.

I've read the first 17 books. Just waiting for the latest (number 18) to come down in price for Kindle!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I've read the first 17 books. Just waiting for the latest (number 18) to come down in price for Kindle!
Same actually, I’ve also seen all of the plays so far, and going in March to see the latest one. My problem is, and it isn’t exclusive to these novels, that everything sort of blurs into one and I get whole plots confused with other ones.

Planning to re-read from scratch throughout the year.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Same actually, I’ve also seen all of the plays so far, and going in March to see the latest one. My problem is, and it isn’t exclusive to these novels, that everything sort of blurs into one and I get whole plots confused with other ones.

Planning to re-read from scratch throughout the year.

We've seen three plays (I think) - and of course the TV series - but haven't really been impressed ... mainly down to choice of actors! We've actually said we won't bother going to future plays, which is a shame!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We've seen three plays (I think) - and of course the TV series - but haven't really been impressed ... mainly down to choice of actors! We've actually said we won't bother going to future plays, which is a shame!
Have to agree, the acting hasn’t been stellar. Got to took at the quite lovely Laura Whitmore as Cleo in one of them - unfortunately she was opposite Shane Richie! They aren’t a patch on the books but as a big theatre lover they’re a given for me.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Have to agree, the acting hasn’t been stellar. Got to took at the quite lovely Laura Whitmore as Cleo in one of them - unfortunately she was opposite Shane Richie! They aren’t a patch on the books but as a big theatre lover they’re a given for me.
Oh my goodness ... yes, the one with Shane Richie was the first one we saw in Brighton! Shocking choice!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The April Jones case, where she told two searchers, live on air, that the investigation had been moved up to a murder inquiry. Vile cow.
There’s occasional karma.

She got a black eye in a scuffle with fellow female reporters jostling at an occasion.

Plus the separate James O’Brien and Chris Bryant rows with her (on youtube). Owned.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The first time I heard him I thought ‘what a complete cocksure bellend that bloke is’.
Yep. Completely unhelpful comments.

It was obvious early on the police had a very strong indication she unfortunately had to be in the water, as it turns out, they were right.

Yet, here he was making categorical statements that if he didn't find her then she wasn't in there. Immediately, the moment he doesn't locate her, you have people piling in saying "why are they so focused on the river?".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here